Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M445 and X642 question

Default M445 and X642 question

I'm running a revolt on 4s with a 3674 and a M445 sharpened/balanced which just ran 58mph with my gps. Then I flipped to a X642 sharpened balanced and detounged and it only went 51mph. I thought for sure I would get a few more mph out of the X642. Am I wrong to think that??? I'm confused

The 642 may be pushing the bow in the water resulting in decreased speed? Any bad handling characteristics?

No actually the 642 kept the boat planted it did seem to run a little wet so I raised the strut up a little which did help but it only added 1-2mph. And temps where down about 10 degrees w/ the 642.

My goal is to break 60mph with this setup hopefully by just playing with props and tuning it in.

Well you could try the strut down a bit. It should've went down to compensate for the smaller prop ensuring it got enough bite. I have a DF 35" that picks up speed when the prop is down a bit which lifts the boat out of the water but sure makes her a little 'loose'. And if I run the x6 series it will submarine at speed. Just mentioning as a warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    I'm running a revolt on 4s with a 3674 and a M445 sharpened/balanced which just ran 58mph with my gps. Then I flipped to a X642 sharpened balanced and detounged and it only went 51mph. I thought for sure I would get a few more mph out of the X642. Am I wrong to think that??? I'm confused
    the 642 is 2 MM smaller and has a bigger tounge, with a bit more pitch I would say your boat like the larger diameter try a cut done M447

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    the 642 is 2 MM smaller and has a bigger tounge, with a bit more pitch I would say your boat like the larger diameter try a cut done M447
    Ok I'll try that, I'll order a M447 and cut it down. I've never done that before, so I'll have to read up on that.

I have them in stock also and I can prepare it for you LMK thanks Chris

My goal is to break 60mph with this setup hopefully by just playing with props and tuning it in.
    Very cool keep at it man.
    Mike
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    I have them in stock also and I can prepare it for you LMK thanks Chris
    Chris, just sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Caruso View Post
    Very cool keep at it man.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike!

Chris, just sent you a PM.

Chris will have that done awesome and to you in no time. My 32" Pursuit likes a tweaked 447 best so far as well.

Just ordered that cut down 447 from Chris, I can't to see what it can do!

Kaotic.
    Just out of interest. What is the KV of that 3674 motor?

Cheers.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Kaotic.
    Just out of interest. What is the KV of that 3674 motor?

Cheers.
    Paul.

I should of mentioned that, it's 2200kv.

Thanks.
    The KV always helps to put the the prop sizes into some sort of perspective for us readers.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Well my cut down x447 came in yesterday from Dasboata, and I got it up from 58.4 to 60.3mph. I'm still going to play with the strut a little more and see if I can squeeze out another few more mph. The prop sure looks nice too, thanks Dasboata!
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

Your welcome my pleasure !!

Very nice speeds out of your Revolt! What kind of ESC do you run, if you don't mind me asking? Also, how does the Revolt handle going 60 mph? I have my stock setup running in upper 40's and it tends to get a little skittish just going over my own wake.

It handles pretty good actually. It's riding a little nose, high so I'll move the cog forward a little this weekend. I'm going to put a little bigger prop on it this weekend and see if I can get it up to 63-64mph.

I'm running a seaking 180 v3. Leo 3674 2200kv on 4s.

It handles pretty good actually. It's riding a little nose, high so I'll move the cog forward a little this weekend. I'm going to put a little bigger prop on it this weekend and see if I can get it up to 63-64mph.

I'm running a seaking 180 v3. Leo 3674 2200kv on 4s.
    Pop a 5 or 6s in there and watch it fly! I wouldn't run it all the time but it would be ok for a few passes.

That thought has crossed my mind a time or too

Any chance you could get it on video, would love to see what a Revolt in the mid-60's looks like =)

Sure I'll try to do it this weekend!

Good luck I wonder just how fast the hull will go? I just bought a new one that was sitting for at least two years on the hobby shop shelf. Hey I love what you have done keep going.
    Mike
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Maybe you've seen it, but there was a guy on you tube that has his Revolt on 6s and I think a 4082. He was getting into the low 70's but it had a hard time going straight kept making sudden 90 degree turns at high speeds. I finished the 545 last night and it's raining here in MI now, hopefully we get a break and I'll run over to the pond and see if there is any real gain in speed with the new prop.

Maybe you've seen it, but there was a guy on you tube that has his Revolt on 6s and I think a 4082. He was getting into the low 70's but it had a hard time going straight kept making sudden 90 degree turns at high speeds. I finished the 545 last night and it's raining here in MI now, hopefully we get a break and I'll run over to the pond and see if there is any real gain in speed with the new prop.
    OK this is easy, Boat + Pond = WET .... Boat + Rain = WET ..... I don't see a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    OK this is easy, Boat + Pond = WET .... Boat + Rain = WET ..... I don't see a problem here.
    LOL well the rain stopped but the winds where 20-25mph, I flipped it once and broke the cheap servo that came with it. Now everything has been upgraded on this little boat! Here is a video in some chop doing 62.2mph:
    (sorry for the finger over the lens its my 6 year old filming with my iPhone.) (Also this is my first time uploading a video to You Tube and I may have done something wrong, because the quality of the video is horrible).

http://youtu.be/i4ii5AJKJHs

Wow it was screaming across your pond. Thanks for uploading! I had mine running yesterday during 25 mph winds and flipped and cracked the canopy, so need to get one ordered. Your boat really looked planted for the speed and wind, nice job!

Yeah I crashed a ways back (when it was all stock, 45mph) and I had 2 big cracks across my canopy. So I took finishing resin mixed it with micro balloons then filled the cracks and sanded flush. I also reinforced it with a layer of carbon fiber. Now it seems solid. image.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast