Thread: Fidelity101 Innapropriate banning?

Default Fidelity101 Innapropriate banning?

I know I'm not a very active member on this forum anymore, and I don't want to get myself banned but I got a call from Matt (Fidelity101) who is an active member and well established member on another forum that we have had dealings on before.

Fidelity101 is a very good member of the other forum, I myself actually told him since he was trying to get into FE boats that OSE was a great forum, and also has a ton of members who have amazing FE knowledge. Matt (fidelity101) has a lot of other R/C experience but as we all know here FE boats are a bit diff being you need some real FE knowledge to know how to select power systems, appropriate batts, etc., etc., etc.....

Anyway I should have told him about how tight knit of a community you have here on OSE, and about reading the rules of posting things for sale. He didn't realize he needed to have pics shown as well as price and he posted in another thread he had a couple esc's for sale... he sold them very reasonably as he just wanted to pass them on to someone who could use them. I think the reason he is banned is not just because he sold them without pics, but because he sold them so cheaply that others are upset they didn't get a crack at the esc's...

Long story short Matt (fidelity101) just got done buying a lot of FE stuff $800 worth directly from OSE, not from the forums but from steve.... and now after a small problem he is banned???? And he also just bought a boat from another member that is missing a couple small pieces and needs to contact the member and he cant even do that... banning this member not only is bad for OSE's business, but is also bad for everyone else here on the forum.

Fidelity101 has always sold things at a great deal on the other forum (below market value to sell quick) and he also is super quick to pay... and he buys high ticket items as well...

Please moderators take a second look as to why this banning took place, and also try and recognize that Fidelity101 made an honest mistake. He's jumping into FE head first and certainly looks forward to getting help from other members and I assure you he is a stand up guy who you all will appreciate having around!

Thanks all, and this winter I am planning on building a couple more boats and getting back into FE again.... I've been crashing to many planes and helis lately, so I need a change :)

JMSCARD
    Jason Shedd

you should read the whole thread again.
    it had nothing to do with pics or price.
    it was the backdoor pm trading.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...180A-ESC-units

as far as the boat he bought , another backdoor pm deal.
    he has the sellers email address from paypal.
    Last edited by revoltrunner; 09-05-2014 at 01:45 PM.

It seems he got the idea of the rules by near the end of the thread so, now that he knows what he has done wrong, is there any chance of him getting back in?

I have no dog in this fight but, if Jason is sticking up for him, maybe a second chance is in order?

Permanent ban seems pretty harsh, one more chance and if he messes it up, go from there?
    Nortavlag Bulc

I think the guy got a little overwhelmed and wasn't up to speed on the rules here. All forums are different and I try to read there rules.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    It seems he got the idea of the rules by near the end of the thread so, now that he knows what he has done wrong, is there any chance of him getting back in?

I have no dog in this fight but, if Jason is sticking up for him, maybe a second chance is in order?

Permanent ban seems pretty harsh, one more chance and if he messes it up, go from there?
    Agreed. I don't think he purposely was trying to break them. I bet he got alot of pms quickly....I could see how he got himself in trouble not knowing procedure. Him semi smarting off to Doug didn't help things tho. I would have just apologized and complied. Not like him saying that to Doug is going to help anyway....
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

If my memory is correct, the ban is temporarily ( the language of the moderator is roughly that : so and so is given a vacation) administered so everyone is treated equally and has nothing to do with how much they buy from OSE, having said that, if Twissted is back, I see no reason why you guys should worry in this case...
    Too many boats, not enough time...

1st off it isn't a small problem. It is a big problem because it snowballs. That's why the rules are in place.
    This was the 2nd post in the thread and his first clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Just a headsup, you need to read the rules... 1) you need actual pics of what your selling....2) you have to list a price 3} all deals have to be done in the open on forum not in pm's ...they will delete your 4sale thread if you dont do this...
    Post 9. 2nd clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by domwilson View Post
    PM Sent. Need to follow Swap shop rules.
    Mat's next reply to the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelity101 View Post

Thanks for all the information guys. I primarily use rcgroups (same name) and I'm pretty new to boats in general. I normally post a price...guess that's something I need to do here as well. I'm not sure why the need to keep everything in the open when it comes to price discussions...that seems to contradict any other forum I've used so I'll have to look into that more. Until then, I'm asking $150 for both or best offer (OBO). I've already received 6 PM's so I will respond to them in the order received. Thank you.
    3rd clue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Not a good idea!

6. ALL offers and deals must be done on the forum and NOT in private messages! rule changed to "Must" on 8/10/2012.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...cs-Forum-Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelity101 View Post
    I'm not the only one who needs that reminder then. :)

Ok, following the rules...Shane Lewis is the first to provide a reasonable offer and I've accepted at $130 shipped. If he turns it down, zhevers is next up for $130 shipped. Guys, please post in this thread so I know who wants the ESC's.
    Shane never posted an offer in the thread. Only interest. "Following the rules" never happened and he was given every opportunity.

Ok, so the administrator lifts the ban, what does he tell the guys that have been banned for the same thing in the past?
    What does it tell the other forum members about following the forum rules?
    What else can we do as moderators get the point across?
    Why should we have to say it more than once?

Come on guys!
    The mods don't like to be the bad guy. None of us like to see a member get a "vacation". Including the Administrator. We don't like to have to deal with it, period.
    We do what we do because we want all of the forum members to have a positive FE (OSE forum) experience. In order for that to happen, the rules have to be followed.
    It's not an option fellas, it's a condition of membership.

OSE offers a great FREE service and asks only that the rules are followed. We shouldn't have to keep having these conversations! RIGHT?

Thanks
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I don't really have an opinion but he also bought a boat through PM's
    Noisy person

Can't argue with that!

MY apologies to the administrator and the moderator: I geniunely thought the 1st infraction would be a temporary ban.
    Lesson learned thanks!
    Should add that when in doubt, check the rules first and that applies to me especially in this case.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post

Thanks Ray, and yes he truly didn't know. I myself am part to blame... he asked me a lot of questions and I directed him to OSE telling him what a great Site it was, this site is truly unique... lets face it you have a lot of folks here that have VAST knowledge of boating, and even many well known champion racers, and its also a truly "tight knit" community. What I forgot to tell him was you give each member an equal right to items offered for sale, and that NO offers or anything other then Payment details can be asked through PM til the deal is done.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that nor' does he... he just plainly was feasting for info before reading the rules, he know knows the rules yet he is a little irritated as he has never quite been treated like this on another site, I am trying to keep him appeased by simply telling him how tight knit OSE is and also has a few rules other sites don't..... I don't want him to lose the opportunity to use this great site, and I think he could be a great member of this "club"

Thanks again Ray

He's a good guy, and is excited with the hobby... he didn't read the rules which is a major problem I agree... but people make mistakes, I really didn't realize he was going to sell anything on here as I thought he would be using mostly for research... and I truly believe he was just trying to give people a couple great deals to help secure his spot here at OSE lol, when in fact he was unknowingly breaking rules of this site.

I will say he also has 135 perfect transactions on RC Groups and has been a member on there since 2008.... so he ain't all bad :)

Doug I agree and am not arguing the rules..... but I think its obvious he didn't realize the stern rules of the site, not saying they aren't good rules but he just didn't know the repercussions either.

He just spent $800 at the OSE store, and though he wrongfully used the site (only because he had his ostrich mindset going) I personally wouldn't ban someone that is obviously a good person that did something wrong in just a couple days time. It would be one thing if he kept doing it but I assure you that wouldn't be the case.

And yes I agree on why the rules are in place... to keep your members experience all good.... but what about his experience? Especially after spending $800 at steves store and now can't even look up to see how to hook up his esc's.

I'm not contesting anything here... he knows he was wrong now.

Thanks Doug, and hope you have been well :) I'm just trying to help someone who is excited about this great hobby, and that I have always had good dealings with.

1st off it isn't a small problem. It is a big problem because it snowballs. That's why the rules are in place.
    This was the 2nd post in the thread and his first clue.

Post 9. 2nd clue.

Mat's next reply to the thread.

3rd clue.

Shane never posted an offer in the thread. Only interest. "Following the rules" never happened and he was given every opportunity.

Ok, so the administrator lifts the ban, what does he tell the guys that have been banned for the same thing in the past?
    What does it tell the other forum members about following the forum rules?
    What else can we do as moderators get the point across?
    Why should we have to say it more than once?

Come on guys!
    The mods don't like to be the bad guy. None of us like to see a member get a "vacation". Including the Administrator. We don't like to have to deal with it, period.
    We do what we do because we want all of the forum members to have a positive FE (OSE forum) experience. In order for that to happen, the rules have to be followed.
    It's not an option fellas, it's a condition of membership.

OSE offers a great FREE service and asks only that the rules are followed. We shouldn't have to keep having these conversations! RIGHT?

Thanks
    Doug

he didn't tell me he bought the boat by PM .... eeeeekk, again though he just didn't know... infact PM's are the way everything goes down on RCGroups so it was probably habit, he just didn't review the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by revoltrunner View Post
    you should read the whole thread again.
    it had nothing to do with pics or price.
    it was the backdoor pm trading.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...180A-ESC-units

as far as the boat he bought , another backdoor pm deal.
    he has the sellers email address from paypal.

Quote Originally Posted by JMSCARD View Post
    I don't want him to lose the opportunity to use this great site, and I think he could be a great member of this "club"
    It's a 14 day ban from what I understand fellas. He was told, and he chose to ignore three posts and a PM.

He is a bit irritated because he has never been treated like this on another site? The Mods and Administrator are a bit irritated because they, and the rules were ignored.

The "for sale forum" is the most troublesome sub forum we have because grown men can't follow rules / instructions.
    There is an easy fix for this but Steven would really like to keep the "for sale"forum open.
    Man if it was gone I'd be in the shop right now enjoying the hobby.

Thanks,

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I just meant that it was a very quick banning....

And I definitely can appreciate your help on keeping the site going. I also though I haven't been around in awhile imagine the forum does generate sales for steve.... and the for sale forum helps maintain the resale value of the items he sells by making it easy for hobbyists to move items to buy more items.... its a necessary evil maybe?

Thanks again Doug, and btw go hang out in the shop .... I'm going flying, got my habu 32 jet under the tonneau cover of the truck today... lets see if it comes home in the back of the truck! Lands a little hotter then I like! I totally lost a sundowner 50 a week or so ago, smoked the esc at around 120mph pointed towards a MASSIVE cornfield... two days searching and nothing, chalk it up to the RC gods!

It's a 14 day ban from what I understand fellas. He was told, and he chose to ignore three posts and a PM.

He is a bit irritated because he has never been treated like this on another site? The Mods and Administrator are a bit irritated because they, and the rules were ignored.

The "for sale forum" is the most troublesome sub forum we have because grown men can't follow rules / instructions.
    There is an easy fix for this but Steven would really like to keep the "for sale"forum open.

Thanks,

Doug

Can't wriggle out of this one... I missed a few of your key points...

Sorry Doug. Moderating is a difficult job. Thanks for doing what you are supposed to do and all the rest people don't see.

Thanks,

Doug
    Nortavlag Bulc

Matt was banned by me.

You guys dont get the emails I do. the guys that dont reply, but send me emails complaining that the rules are not followed. And I agree.

This is a constant problem that we are always trying to stay on top of. the mods did the right thing.

That being said, I spoke to Matt personally yesterday by phone, he's a nice guy just looking to setup a boat and break into fe boating.
    We both agreed that 14 days was to much. He will be back on Monday.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Matt was banned by me.

You guys dont get the emails I do. the guys that dont reply, but send me emails complaining that the rules are not followed. And I agree.

This is a constant problem that we are always trying to stay on top of. the mods did the right thing.

That being said, I spoke to Matt personally yesterday by phone, he's a nice guy just looking to setup a boat and break into fe boating.
    We both agreed that 14 days was to much. He will be back on Monday.
    There have been a few,(mostly all), bans that I've agreed with, because they were children, or acting like it. It is nice to see what adults can accomplish, and work out when they
    come together AS adults. Now, about our government officials,--------
    Hey Steven, who loves ya baby,

Interesting....
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)