Thread: Small motors?

Default Small motors?

I am wanting to power my mini twin cat, with 380-or so motors. max 30mm diameter. Now I am seriously looking at the Mystery motors, they do not have a built in fan, which is no big deal, but they are claiming more then 90% effeciency. I am also looking at these emax motors on ebay, but they are claiming 75% effiency under a load, and electrifly ammo motors claim 87%.

The delema is, which is the best motor for the price, I know they are under $20 (except for the ammo), so I don't expect them to be all that good.

This is what I am looking for, aproxx 30mm (max) diameter motor, lenth is not a big deal,
    Shaft size that I can buy a coupler from ose, or where I can easily obtain a coupler.
    Looking to use .130 size cable. If coupler size is 2.3 where can I find a coupler that will fit .130? I can use .098 if possible, nothing is set in stone.

KV between 2600-3500.

Thanks!
    Twin power =

I got a couple of these.... http://cgi.ebay.com/2618KV-electric-...742.m153.l1262 for my 25" monos. Can't beat the price and it also has the water jacket. It turns out it is a little small for my mono but I like the motors and will use them in a small rigger or cat. single 3300mah 3s pack would be good. I get 3min out of my mono with a 2500mah lipo and 28mm prop cut down a tad. I'm sure a Feig 380 that OSE has would be a better motor but more $$$.

my vote goes for the ammo. i just put a 2845 2700 into my mini-c with 3s and it is a rocket. i am a firm believer in you get what you pay for and yeah the other motors may be just as fast but how long are they going to last?

I ran a 3000 mystery in my hydro no issues.
    I have a 2350 mystery on my airboat no issues.
    I have two 3550 mysteries to go in my micro cat and I'm sure there will be no issues.
    I feel mystery is a great product especially for the price.
    all these motors are being run on 30a mystery esc, again no issues.
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

Thanks, I will go with the mysterys, what motor coupler do you use?
    Twin power =

I don't think those ammo's are 87% efficient also I don't believe they may put out 400watts max the magnets are weaker than feigao magnets
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I used a minicatracing coupler in the hydro, but you can get them off OSE or make your own.
    The Manx has been sitting dormant, but I think I finally have my motivation back. I hope to see it float soon.

if you do some sniping you can get motor esc combos off ebay for $20 shipped, give or take a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Avanti27offshore View Post
    if you do some sniping you can get motor esc combos off ebay for $20 shipped, give or take a few bucks.
    I think that is what I am planning to do.
    Twin power =

I think i might be able to help you out here is a list of links you can go to find the motors CHEAP.
    Here is a couple of options not sure on what KV your looking for but here you go.
    Alll these are combo deals with a 30 amp esc included plus all are mystery products.

3000 KV
    1000 KV
    1700 KV
    5000 KV
    Heres a link to the Ebay store
    Last edited by Ocean Racer; 08-29-2008 at 01:08 AM.
    Failure is the First step to SUCCESS

Would you not need a 50-60A ESC for those in a boat?

If you are running a bigger setup like on a 18 to 24 inch boat maybe a little bigger depending on the setup. Then you want to get 50-60amp esc. If the boat is around a foot (12 inches) then youll be fine.
    Failure is the First step to SUCCESS

The boat is only 16" long. Thanks for the links.
    Twin power =