Thread: Newbi battery/charger question

Default Newbi battery/charger question

I have a new Turnigy accucel 6 and started my first charge(balanced) on my Turnigy 5000 mah 4S 35~70C nanotek battery today. It showed the 4 cells were balanced at 3.8 volts/cell. The charge rate chosen by the charger was .5 amps and the voltage was 15.28 total. The balanced charge went on for about 45min. adding 105+ mah to the pack. I couldn't watch it any more so my question is how long would it have taken to complete a full charge? Would the accucel 6 have beeped when through? The basic charge rate would be 5 amps( 5000/1000) wouldn't it. What would the 1C for this setup be. I'm still not at ease about Lipos, chargers, esc's etc. Any help is appreciated. graydds

graydds.
    These chargers don't automatically set the charge current. All you have to do is set the charge current to 5 Amps to be a 1C charge.The 0.1A is just the factory default setting. You will also need to set the capacity (5000mah) & the # of cells (4) in the menu.

IMPORTANT... Make sure you do this in the "BALANCE" charge menu. Not in the "CHARGE" menu. And then always select BALANCE mode when you charge a battery. Otherwise your packs won't get balanced.

The thing is though, the charger is only rated to 50Watts. So even though you select 5A charge rate it will only charge a 5000mah 4s pack at about 3.5Amps. So don't be alarmed if that's all you see on the screen when it starts charging. A 5000mah 2s pack would be charged at the full 5A though.

Paul.

Thanks Paul. After I run my tunnel for several minutes and put it back on accucel 6 and attempt to go to storage charge, a message appears "High Voltage". It comes up also when I try the discharge mode. Am I just not using enough of the charge? Thanks graydds