Thread: Genesis Torque Roll Solutions ?

Default Genesis Torque Roll Solutions ?

My Genesis is torque rolling real bad getting on plane, then it wants to steer right! anyone got suggestions? Leo 4082 2200Kv SK 180a 2x4cell 5000Ma 50c in parallel. Thanks, Henry

How sharp is your propeller???

If you can't shave with it, it's not sharp enough... I'd start there.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat496 View Post
    My Genesis is torque rolling real bad getting on plane, then it wants to steer right! anyone got suggestions? Leo 4082 2200Kv SK 180a 2x4cell 5000Ma 50c in parallel. Thanks, Henry
    It might also be prop walk depending on the size of your prop.
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

My 25" Radtek Mystic Cat almost rolls over when I am driving it up on plane (single motor centered)... However, once it's up and going, it rides well. It's possible this is just the way the hull works also...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

My Genesis with a T600 Outrunner leans over while getting on plane like a drunk after a serious Saturday night drinking binge...but once up on plane, it rides nice and level.

I had a similar proplem on my old genesis (4082 and M445 prop) it didnt torque roll to badly however when i unless i fed the power in gradually it would want to vear over badly to the right, i switched to an offset rudder arrangement which helped but still pulled to the right

Thanks for the Help Guys, I have strut, cable, offset rudder and prop coming. Henry

The best solution is a twin setup 2 x 4S or 2 x 5S, 6S are too big for the Genesis (5000mAh)

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    The best solution is a twin setup 2 x 4S or 2 x 5S, 6S are too big for the Genesis (5000mAh)
    As he is looking for help with his single set-up, suggesting a twin set up is a bit strange... How are you builds coming along?

My Genesis running a 1515 2200kv on 6S will do 2 360 rolls if I punch it using a x445. The Genesis being so narrow of a hull has issues with torque roll and prop walk. Strut height is very critical in helping to control both these issues. Depending on what prop your using, set hull flat adjust strut up 3-5mm from flat surface to start. Offsetting the rudder does help some with the pulling to right...I found mine runs best with a x642 but I am running alot more rpm than you. I still cant punch it, you have to ease into it. As previously mentioned its the nature of this hull to pull right and torque roll some, but once you got it right and up on plane its a fast boat.....what size prop did you order ?
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Thanks for the input everyone, I upgraded Drive cable .187-3/16, offset rudder, and installed a better strut. I Have x447,x642,x645,x646 Props. The strut was real low on this boat and I now have it even for a start. Taking it out today to see how She Does. Henry

Offsetting the rudder on a catamaran is not very nice looking but the boat works better.

Ran The Boat yesterday, It's Fast! But... The offset I used was below the tunnel, Can you say Fountain? Once on Plane it ran great and the offset was out of the water. I went back to the stock Rudder and I'm going to see how it does Today. The Torque roll at this point is minimal. Have a few other things to straighten out this morning, Then it's River Bashing with My Buds. Thanks Everyone, Henry