Thread: PREFERRED ESCs

Default PREFERRED ESCs

Pardon me if i am being redundant,
    Since Castle Creations is not making Marine ESCs,
    What is the preferred speedo these days?
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Depends on how much $ you want to spend, there is some really cheap stuff out there but for decent quality middle of the road I'm gonna say Swordfish and Hobbywing. Getting towards higher end is Etti and MGM Compro then Shulze, there are some others on the high end but I can't think of names right now. From what I've seen the lower end stuff is hit or miss, some people have good luck with it and others burn up everything they touch.

I would say all that work for me without issues.....T180,Castle Ice 240,Swordfish 240 and Swordfish 300....working with them for almost three years with zero issues...so a well balanced set up is the key.Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Cool

The Castle ICE 200 aircraft ESC ($150 in Castle garage sale) will work well in hulls with enough internal air volume - most monos, cats and sport hydros have enough. Just wire a 40 mm computer fan ($10) to the power wires and mount it on top of the heat sink. I ran an ICE 200 for over three years in a sport hydro and a mono with zero issues, this was a race setup so amp draw was high - 180-200 average amps - with run times between 2-3 minutes. Other club members have had similar experiences as long as they keep the ESC dry or soak it in CorrosionX prior to running it. Too many club members have had Swordfish failures for me to recommend it - I have not used one myself. The T-180 has been pretty reliable.

Last edited by Fluid; 09-02-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I just bought the Alien 300amp ESC and can not even download what I need to program it. I really miss the Castle's!!!

To be completely honest, the only speedos that were bullet proof to me were the barracuda 80 and the barracuda 125, after that it was a bit more inconsistent...
    It seems that the usual suspect still the options, specially one the high end range... I hate to see CC go, they were a good option for their price range... But biz is biz.
    Thanks for the input guys, hopefully i'll see y'all soon
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::