Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for motor testers

Got my motor beautiful quality, drilled out water jacket when it came time to install it
    The o rings are for 39.5 water jacket o rings instead of the 36...mike

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzz zzzzzzzzz.....
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............. ....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....... ......

montymike - It does seem that the o rings are a little large. However I was able to fit all of mine in just fine. Did a quite a few of them. Then the can fit great. Only thing I would have like is a little larger volume capacity in the can. I put a different can on my 4 minute offshore mono.

Wake up Doby - did yours arrive yet?

I'll start another thread - but I ran a mono and tunnel this last weekend with the TP's. Dead on performance wise with the AQ2030.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

I too wished that there is more clearance between the jacket and the motor can. I did try three different versions though: 1st: TP, 2nd: Leopard, 3rd: HRC.
    All I can say is that the TP jacket did not raise the temp as one would have suspected. To do a scientifically sound testing requires the same water/ambient temp, same boat, same set up of everything and you need to start the ESC/motor (single water pickup) from the same sitting temp---way too much work for me.
    The thick machined aluminum HRC is beautiful and nice, one can argue that the thickness acts as extra heat transfer material but it is a two edged sword: since it is not finned and there is no air traveling inside the boat, the thick material simply retains the heat longer.
    There is always going to be trade-offs. The larger water fittings on the Leopards are nice.
    So in my most unscientific way of boating, I choose them according to their water fitting orientation, whichever offers the cleanest routing of water hose wins.
    Just my $.02
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I already installed another brand, with larger fittings . Mike

I would be happy to test one out for us Aussies to compare to a AQ 2030 motor...If someone in LA who is coming to the SAW in Nov could take delivery? Maybe even that Darin Jordan bloke could get it... send me a PM as i might not see this thread again! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Flynn View Post
    I would be happy to test one out for us Aussies to compare to a AQ 2030 motor...If someone in LA who is coming to the SAW in Nov could take delivery? Maybe even that Darin Jordan bloke could get it... send me a PM as i might not see this thread again! :)
    sent you a pm - wait - you won't see this
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

haha thanks Tony :)

Bump

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345