Thread: battery location and size... brand too

Default battery location and size... brand too

I just ordered one of these the other day.. I have read quite a bit so far. From what I have read, best place for the battery is on edge on the left side on the flood chamber. Also read there is around 37 mm of space. Enough for a 2200.. is anyone running larger? If so what width / brand and mAh. Pictures would be good.

Anyone thinking of buying a mini eco, Jim at mini cat racing is very helpful and will answer your questions.

Which one? The Mini Eco? I ran 2s 2100mAh TP Prolite in mine, it was designed for a 7 cell pack of AF-2/3A NiMh so weight is not a problem in fact with a regulation <110g LiPo like mine you will have to add some lead to the flood chamber to get it to self right. I flipped my servo round so I could get the pack further back and can not fit much more than I have back there maybe another 4mm, but there is room for a bit fatter battery in the stock location.

You should get 5-6 minutes on 2200mAh (I got 6+ in lap from 2100, but that was fully depleting the cells which I wouldn't recommend for sport running) but if you really want more runtime I would make a little balsa tray to hold a second pack horizontally over the stuffing tube as low and as far back against the servo as possible, next to the vertical one on the flood chamber wall for 2s2p 4400Mah.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Hi Paul,
    Have you done this before? I was going to use 3s battery.

3s 2200 wont fit beside servo, 1500 will, 3s 2200 will fit beside stuffing tube in the stock location but you wont get much more than that in there (maybe 2500 if you find the right long thin cells), unless you are willing to give up the self righting (I wouldn't).
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Ended up buying 2 11.1v 2100 mAh E-flite 20c batteries High Power series.... now I just need the boat :)