Thread: another 180a hobbywing question

Default another 180a hobbywing question

I have a delta force pirate, with hobby wing 180a speed control
    l. Set at 1 auto calculate 2 lvc 3.4v
    3 timing 15° have 5.5mm connectors on motor leads and batts. and motor .Running 2 revolectric batterys silver 70c 3s series=6s m447 prop .running a tp power 4y motor1800kv temps are good 97 to 110° problem is that it kicks out after half the run to 1/2 speed when the packs still have 3.83 v per cell. Tried two setsor batterys same thing also tried proping down to a 220 prather same thing. Thanks in advance mike
    Last edited by montymike; 08-29-2014 at 05:05 PM. Reason: spelling

the lvc cuts in premature on these escs. I cut mine to off. i just watch when it starts to slow down then i bring it in...which is usually around 3.8v. You could try lowering it to the lowest setting ans see what it does....maybe allow you a little lower cutoff...adding time. i didnt try this myself however.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

That was my next move want to protect the packs!

Not long run time on this boat at all aboat 2 min smaller prop helps some but takes longer to plane.

Quote Originally Posted by montymike View Post
    That was my next move want to protect the packs!

Not long run time on this boat at all aboat 2 min smaller prop helps some but takes longer to plane.
    either put an lvc alarm on it or add a external lvc.......
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Take the cell count off 'Auto' & set it for 6 cells manually. The auto setting is known to sometimes allow the LVC to cut out early. If it still happens drop the LVC to 3.2V & see what it leaves your batteries at while resting. Should be around 3.7 - 3.75. If it is still too high drop the LVC to 3.0. If that doesn't work switch it off like kfxguy suggests. I have them all switched off in my race boats.

I guess this welcome to the bigger amp stuff.