Thread: Dual Rutters, Worth It?

Default Dual Rutters, Worth It?

I have been thinking about upgrading to dual rutters. Mainly, because I want 2 water intakes so I can seportate the cooling systems for the ESC and Motor. But im also curious if anyone has done this yet and how much does it affect the steering?

You don't need two rudders, OR two water pickups... Read through my IM31 V2 Race Prep thread. If you need to go beyond that, you aren't doing something correctly.

OH, and, for the record, anything you gain by adding dual rudders, and the associated dual pickups, is lost in drag caused by the extra rudder, as well as heat build-up from that drag.

If you want more water flow, then just replace the outlet or drill the one you have out a drill size or so to allow more water through the system.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Thanks for the response, that is something more to think about with the drag. I do not race it as I cannot find anywhere around the Louisville, KY area that races RC boats, nor any clubs. So it being the fasest of the fast is not the biggest deal, but maybe I will look into the duals if I later upgrade the motor and ESC. For now, my upgrades will be 2 80c 2s lipos and a x642 propeller. I did read your Race Prep thread, seems awesome! lol