Thread: Need a safety section !

Default Need a safety section !

Seems safety can make or break every business these days. A few days ago I was tightening up a prop with some leather gloves and I bent one of my blade tips . I mounted a new prop today trying a different method . I simply clamped the drive dog in my table vise and lightly supported the prop with my gloved hand. I thought " What a great way to tighten the prop nut and way safer ! Just thought it would be cool to have a safety area where things don't get buried and lost. Thanks, Randy
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

I don't have this issue. Wanna know why? I use a bullet nut with a set screw. In my opinion it's leaps and bounds better than a regular nut. I've never lost one. I put blue loctite on it from time to time. You never have to worry about the prop cutting you again. If you want pics...let me know
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I don't have this issue. Wanna know why? I use a bullet nut with a set screw. In my opinion it's leaps and bounds better than a regular nut. I've never lost one. I put blue loctite on it from time to time. You never have to worry about the prop cutting you again. If you want pics...let me know
    That's a great idea ! We need a area for these suggestions ! I have never lost a prop either and use blue LT too ! :)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein