Swapped in an etti 150 race opto esc. I have no idea what settings it needs to be on. The timing says 1 degree for 2 to 4 poles....I thought the motor I'm running needs/like 15 degrees (castle 1518 1800kv). This is I'm my 32" rivercat. Next. I'm not sure what the throttle needs to be on...it's SUPER TOUCHY. Also...does this thing have thermal protection? I know the temps kept rising and got past 130 degrees and it died on me out in the middle of the lake on about the 5th or 6th pass. Brought it in and went home. Plugged up when I got home and it worked fine. Maybe I have some settings wrong and it's causing higher temps. Telling you what prop is a moot point btw, I was trying 5 different ones...I think the settings are wrong. Here's how it's set now...

1)no battery cut off (I monitor voltage closely and this has no auto voltage...so I don't want to keep jacking with settings if I change cell count...bad feature here)

2)throttle options.....it's set to auto calibration. Seems like I tried it on low power and it didn't even work...may be something else tho.

3)braking options: no braking (brakes on a boat? Wtf! Lol)

4) rotor rotation: anti clock wise

5) timing options: I'm pretty sure I set it to 15 degrees which says 10-14 poles. Not sure what that means. Setting at 1 degree is 2 to 4 poles...confused here

6) pwm options: I'm not sure where I have it. I think on 8k. 16k is the default setting and said 20% more heat....now that I think about it, it might be on 16k....because at one point however I had it set, it would not spin the motor. Not sure which one it should be.

Here's a link to the instructions. ..maybe you guys could help me a little with how it needs to be set? Thx

Instructions
https://astecmodels.co.uk/ETTI%20Navy.php