Thread: Castle 200 HV

Default Castle 200 HV

So, I made a discovery that I am surprised I never realized before. I had taken apart a new castle 200amp hv esc to spray it down with corrosion X. By accident the board that connects into the esc then has wires that come out and plugs into the receiver came loose. Hmmm. I did not realize that little throttle controller board was a plug and play board to the esc main board. Not sure if I described that well, but basically the Castle ESC has a secondary board that plugs into the main board where the fets and capacitors are.

This brings me to my request. Does anyone have a Castle HV 200amp they have blown up that I could get from you? If the capacitors blew out, but the little plug and play board opposite of the capacitors that has the receiver wire looks good I might be able to bring this old esc to life.

I fried this board in a very creative way and had written off the esc, but now I see I have a chance to bring it to life if I can find one of these little boards to replace it.

That's the control board that caused one of the recalls I believe. They added a pad that helps keep it from losing contact. I tried to get one from castle but no luck.

http://castlecreations.com/support/s...1201-foam.html
    Last edited by oscarel; 08-24-2014 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    That's the control board that caused one of the recalls I believe. They added a pad that helps keep it from losing contact. I tried to get one from castle but no luck.

http://castlecreations.com/support/s...1201-foam.html
    Oscar that is it. Yes, I saw that little piece of foam come out. Now I know where it goes! It is a bummer that you can't just order another one of those small boards from them.

castle gave us all the finger when they quit making marine esc's I try to stay away from all things castle now a days I wont even use there 5.5 connectors
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

I agree with Ron1950 . Just spoke with Castle friday . I had a new Hydra 120 that i ran one time with good luck and the next time i took it out it burned a hole in it. Every thing i had done was wrong in there eyes. So im done with castle !!!

Good luck to you man. I did the same thing and posted a wanted ad for this little board. No one seems to keep their butt esc I guess. Lol. I'm still hoping I come across one
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Good luck to you man. I did the same thing and posted a wanted ad for this little board. No one seems to keep their butt esc I guess. Lol. I'm still hoping I come across one
    Well, I guess I can look at this way. If I blow up one of my two other Castle HV's I can take that little board out and put it in the one I have that needs it and I have got one more esc.

i have a 3 year old 200 hv. stopped working 3 years ago ( 2 runs, my first esc ) lol. looks ok. will sell it if anybody wants it. if doesnt work will refund after i receive it back.

I have a brand new In sales.

I believe this is a good esc nnd probably best data log.
    Although it needs some work to if you want to have it for long time.

Default 200 hv

Quote Originally Posted by urbs00007 View Post
    i have a 3 year old 200 hv. stopped working 3 years ago ( 2 runs, my first esc ) lol. looks ok. will sell it if anybody wants it. if doesnt work will refund after i receive it back.
    my mistake. the board that has reciever lead looks good, not the esc. willing to sell board, if faulty will return money.