Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looking for motor ideas

Hi Peter. Thanks for posting your information. Interesting read.

What KV 36m can were your running and what speeds were you getting. We have been discussing the 40mm can and I am sure it is a better motor etc, but we really want to hold our speeds down. Please tell me more about your prop selection etc.

Hmm - maybe a trip to New Zealand is in my future. A dairy Country to boot. A lot of my cheese manufacturing study materials were from New Zealand. Good stuff.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Hi Doug
    The 36mm can is a 2150kv, prop 437/3. I'm not able to gps but it does 20 sec laps on a full size oval. The bigger motor did a 35 sec 2 lap sprint but that included a spin out on the last corner! I'm hoping to break 32 secs for that one later! We'll see. I am planning to do a new hydro maybe next year and plan to power it with the 36mm motor.
    If you make it here, bring a boat and come and run with us!
    Cheers
    Peter.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

best bang for the buckESC.jpgmotor.jpg

$ 56.00 in total

90A Boat ESC 4A SBEC
    XK3665-B-2100KV Brushless Inrunner

Neu 1521 1860kv

I am building new rtr cats. Skater and MTI deck designs. Also will have new 2030 motors as a package with 120amp esc's. So when you buy a rtr you will not have to change esc and get a reliable motor. I have had the same motor issues here and after 6 motor failures of my AQ motors and several customers motors I am looking into a solution since hobbico will not except that there is an issue. I will say they have warranties some of my motors but not all. I have over $320 in bad motors sitting on my bench.
    Are you ready for a better product? It's coming
    beating amsoil boat. 1 race at a time !!!

Hi skater368. Bunch of us running the TP3630 all season now here in IMPBA D4. Some are still running the AQ2030's.

The heat win ratio is basically a horse a piece. The difference is the TP keeps going where the AQ eventually fails.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Doug, what is the kv of the motor I bought and I may want a second if you help me with my question:

If I run a pair to twin out my old GEICO, what props should or could I run for just having fun and some show off saw sport runs???
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi Ray
    The TP 3630 is a 1950 KV +/- 20. Were still running 45 mm props. Could probably go down to 42 easy. Any larger diameter and we just seem to see slower speeds. After an 8 lap run we see temps in the 120 to 135 area depending on outside temps. The motor doesn't care. Unlike the AQ 2030 the varnish in the TP can handle it.

Doug
    Doug Peterson
    IMPBA 19993
    www.badgerboaters.com

Thank you.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234