I guess this will turn out to be a short journal of sorts as I take the jump into boat racing. Hopefully another potential new racer might read it and decide to get involved.

Went to the club race today and had a blast taking in all the action and bothering everybody with questions. As soon as I got home I started the process of buying a boat and a few assorted accessories. As of now I have an Aquacraft Lucas Oil catamaran on the way along with some marine grease, hatch tape and a propeller upgrade. Tower Hobbies actually had the best deal available. I lost out on one of their Scratch and Dent deals but still did ok using one of the promo discounts. It was also worth the 10 bucks to become a member.
Next will be batteries. After looking around at various batteries I quickly learned to be prepared for a small additional purchase of the appropriate wire "leads". The boat comes with "Deans" type "T" connectors on the esc. The batteries I'm looking at have 5.5mm bullet connectors. Remember to pay attention to the esc and battery connections. If you don't plan ahead you'll end up with a boat you can't run because you're missing a 5 dollar item. It's pretty easy to change connectors but it's easier to get the right stuff and simply plug it all together.
So now we wait for Mr.Postman.
Can't say enough about the advice I got from the club members. Once I asked questions and saw the boats run I knew what direction to take.
I'll make an update when boxes start arriving. C Ya at the pond !!
Dino