Thread: Proboat rockstar

Default Proboat rockstar

Here is a short vid of a ROCKSTAR here in OZ on a sunny Sunday Arvo. Note the starter system.

http://youtu.be/i031F-9J8bA

So Australia has them but not the US yet! I preordered mine way back in April! What's the deal here?

It would be the same reason why all of the proboats were recalled world wide. The electrical start and control systems had failed. It controls everything from the starter motor--kill switch--steering--throttle and ignition. This is why we had to rip it all out and replace the starter with a manual zip start--A rewired kill switch--and run a power pack threw the receiver for the servos. Ive downloaded a pic of the electrical start system just b4 we gave it its 1st start up and run in. It was after its 1st run the electrics stuffed up (Happened on the work stand) The Aussie importer for PROBOAT said that they are going to give back some money for what has happened. Its a possibility that these wont be coming out with the push button electric start on them at all. He is happy with how the boat starts up using the pull starter (1 pull and its alive) and has always said that the electric starter didn't have enough power to crank it fast enough to make it fire into life the way it does now. Here are some more pics. The 1st shows the electric starter using a 15 turn brushed motor which has now been replaced by a Zenoah marine pull start and one way bearing with the correct end nut.

So the ROS system has been binned for this boat now then?

Wow... What a complete disaster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I guess we will have to wait and see!

ROS
    Or
    PULL

THAT IS THE QUESTION !

The whole selling point was all the cool features tho no?

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Exactly, no good to me without it.

Don't quote me on this everyone" If they are still going to come with all the features,they will have to totally rework the whole system. In other words its back to the drawing board.

Well at least it looks cool.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Default Proboat rockstar

Proboat makes some awesome looking boats. Too bad every single one of them I've owned has had mechanical and/or electrical issues

What a shame. Was hoping it'd turn out well. Seems like a project management snafu to be releasing videos and info to the public and starting manufacturing when your durability testing isn't complete.

This is very disappointing to say the least! I guess we will wait see what happens !