Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: prop shape help....

At the saw event this past weekend Boyd's river cat did 107 mph with Dasboata/ABC props on a pair of dinogy 4s 5000s lipos and his 6s boat went 124 mph with ABC/Dasboata props and dinogy batteries. You guys have to experiment with different props and set ups to go fast. You can't just call someone and say send me a prop that will make my boat faster. You have to know what you want which takes lots of trying different props. These were not stock ABC props by the way. They don't make every size you need so you have to take what they have and have someone who knows what there doing cut them down for you and add cup or pitch if needed. I hope this helps.

Mark

Hey Mark !! well said , Boyd and I have been swapping props back and forth before and after every event, Boyd realy know what he needs and tells me the changes he wants, which makes my job easer ! I do what ever he wants . Boyd has put his heart $ and engery into each and every of his boats Chris PS waiting to see what Doug did here on the east coast !
    Last edited by dasboata; 08-25-2014 at 01:30 PM.

I'm really wanting to do props now ! Can someone tell me what files I need ? lol seriously though, what's the professional method ? Belt sander ? Sand blaster ? Micro files ? Sharpening stone ? Disk sander ?
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

What I will tell you is I don't use files at all ! I would like to add a sand blaster to my shop , I do have 4 1X30 belt sanders all with different grit,, you can see the Pics in my album but I don't show my main used machine !as this is my business

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    What I will tell you is I don't use files at all ! I would like to add a sand blaster to my shop , I do have 4 1X30 belt sanders all with different grit,, you can see the Pics in my album but I don't show my main used machine !as this is my business
    I know, I'm just funning :)
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Can someone tell me if I can get everything I need at HF ? Ha ha
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    At the saw event this past weekend Boyd's river cat did 107 mph with Dasboata/ABC props on a pair of dinogy 4s 5000s lipos and his 6s boat went 124 mph with ABC/Dasboata props and dinogy batteries. You guys have to experiment with different props and set ups to go fast. You can't just call someone and say send me a prop that will make my boat faster. You have to know what you want which takes lots of trying different props. These were not stock ABC props by the way. They don't make every size you need so you have to take what they have and have someone who knows what there doing cut them down for you and add cup or pitch if needed. I hope this helps.

Mark
    was it a twin or a single? I'm guessing a twin because ive yet to find a 4s pack that fits in the sponsons of the boat...unless you cut it all up.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

All i know is this: I wont buy another prop from Dasboata. why? I discussed with him what I was doing. Trying to go faster. Not only did his prop go slower, it was half ass done, The whole blade was not sharpened. I posted pics to prove it. Then he told me he sent me a prop like that to test me? wtf? test my tuning skills and see what I'm about. Huh? I just wanted a faster prop not all this complication. I dont need someone to make me waste my money to "test me". I wanted what I paid for. Then he gets an attitude with me when I tip toed around the fact that it just wasnt doing it for me. I then bought the same prop, worked it (and i barley know what im doing) and it went just as fast. Really? All the top secret machines and its no better. I didnt even cup it. I detounged it and sharpen and balance it. If it were me selling a prop to a new customer and thats what i did for a living, I wouldnt send him a ho-hum prop as his first prop from me. Id put forth every effort to try and help him acheive what he wanted...not get an attitude with him and make sly remarks. Thats just me tho.

BTW I was going to buy another prop from him even tho in our pm I detected some aggravation and attitude with me. Then He decided it would be cool to say something ugly to me on an open forum in front of everyone about my prop work. Up until that point I had never said anything bad about his prop or work...I blamed it on my boat to save face for his reputation. I would not treat a customer of mine in this manner. I always try to help in any way possible that I can.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    All i know is this: I wont buy another prop from Dasboata. why? I discussed with him what I was doing. Trying to go faster. Not only did his prop go slower, it was half ass done, The whole blade was not sharpened. I posted pics to prove it. Then he told me he sent me a prop like that to test me? wtf? test my tuning skills and see what I'm about. Huh? I just wanted a faster prop not all this complication. I dont need someone to make me waste my money to "test me". I wanted what I paid for. Then he gets an attitude with me when I tip toed around the fact that it just wasnt doing it for me. I then bought the same prop, worked it (and i barley know what im doing) and it went just as fast. Really? All the top secret machines and its no better. I didnt even cup it. I detounged it and sharpen and balance it. If it were me selling a prop to a new customer and thats what i did for a living, I wouldnt send him a ho-hum prop as his first prop from me. Id put forth every effort to try and help him acheive what he wanted...not get an attitude with him and make sly remarks. Thats just me tho.
    Wow ! I'm ready to try this too , I like the bragging rights to my own work anyway lol
    --Albert Einstein

I think after I give your 642 a go I might tinker with it
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by rearwheelin View Post
    I think after I give your 642 a go I might tinker with it
    I did not detounge it. That was one of my first props I did. Get this, the m645 that performs so well was my first and it sat in my box for a while because it sucked at first. I reworked it a couple times since then and every time it's gotten faster. Detounge that x642 a little and it should pick up speed from where it's at.

Your full of $ hit dude you went 1MPH slower and the 648 was our idea Why do you have to bring my name up here , 1 MPH slower that could happen when you go to a bigger prop with added cup,, and you don't adjust your set up correctly ! I knew it was going to be a problem straight from the begining with you Dude , your prop looks like a hacksaw blade,,and I would like to see what you use for a balancer or your pitching equimpment the only reason you bought the prop from me was to see how a real prop guy does a prop,, *!***!***!***!** OFF

I did not detounge it. That was one of my first props I did. Get this, the m645 that performs so well was my first and it sat in my box for a while because it sucked at first. I reworked it a couple times since then and every time it's gotten faster. Detounge that x642 a little and it should pick up speed from where it's at.
    Sounds good ! So the tongue has less pitch than the main part of the blade and actually causes inefficiencies in performance ?
    --Albert Einstein

You guys lol
    --Albert Einstein

You guys lol
    I don't know why he is hung up on discrediting me he went 1 mph slower, and the blade root is not even in the water,,we only use the top 30 % of a surface piecing prop ,,this guy is a joke that thinks his $ hit don't stink and all you guys kiss his unworthy a$$ the best in the worlds props look like that

Your full of $ hit dude you went 1MPH slower and the 648 was our idea Why do you have to bring my name up here , 1 MPH slower that could happen when you go to a bigger prop with added cup,, and you don't adjust your set up correctly ! I knew it was going to be a problem straight from the begining with you Dude , your prop looks like a hacksaw blade,,and I would like to see what you use for a balancer or your pitching equimpment the only reason you bought the prop from me was to see how a real prop guy does a prop,, *!***!***!***!** OFF
    I actually went .2mph slower so i almost match the speed with your prop. It was lots of work to get it there, but thats part of. Yes, we came up with te 648 together, I think I said that before...so I see no issue there. but what gets me is I pay you for a job that you half do (pics to prove it) and then when I niecly consult you, you act like you are now. You had no idea what you were dealing with from the beginning...dont give me that crap. I simply told you what I had, and what i was wanting to do. You told me you were a gas boat guy, I was ok with that so we agreed upon a 648. (Still dont know why youd need to know rude5150's full setup to do his props like you stated in another thread tho....weird.) You werent at the lake with me so you have no idea how hard I tried to get it to go faster. I WANTED it to. Thats why I bought it from you. There no shame or lies in my game, If i'm not better than someone at something, I have no problem admitting it. I fully hoped it would be faster...Thats what I was ultimately after! I didnt care If i had to fork out some money to get there. Yes, i wont lie, I was also interested in seeing what a prop looked like from someone that knew props. Well when I saw the blunt edges, I thought "well this guy is supposed to be one of the best" and didnt worry with it. i think ultimately when you did the prop you must have been in a hurry and didnt finish it because you seem to have a following so I cant hardly thing this was the best you could do...Its just the way you handled it is what gets me. Then you wanna bash my props? really? They may now be the best here is but i can assure you they dont look like a hack job like you claim. Lets do this. I'm not out to make enemies. I'm here to learn and help people and see what this guy did or that guy did and show off my stuff. If you can lose the attitude, we can bury the hatchet. I want to give you another chance...maybe you were having a bad day that day...I dunno. Happens to all of us. Im not without fault myself and ill admit it. Im will ing to send you a raw m645 and let you do your thing to it. I'm willing to pay you agin. I know that its got to faster than mine and i wont have to do any dialing in as i know this prop works. No hard feelings? what do you say?

BTW I was going to buy another prop from him even tho in our pm I detected some aggravation and attitude with me. Then He decided it would be cool to say something ugly to me on an open forum in front of everyone about my prop work. Up until that point I had never said anything bad about his prop or work...I blamed it on my boat to save face for his reputation. I would not treat a customer of mine in this manner. I always try to help in any way possible that I can.
    I actually went .2mph slower so i almost match the speed with your prop. It was lots of work to get it there, but thats part of. Yes, we came up with te 648 together, I think I said that before...so I see no issue there. but what gets me is I pay you for a job that you half do (pics to prove it) and then when I niecly consult you, you act like you are now. You had no idea what you were dealing with from the beginning...dont give me that crap. I simply told you what I had, and what i was wanting to do. You told me you were a gas boat guy, I was ok with that so we agreed upon a 648. (Still dont know why youd need to know rude5150's full setup to do his props like you stated in another thread tho....weird.) You werent at the lake with me so you have no idea how hard I tried to get it to go faster. I WANTED it to. Thats why I bought it from you. There no shame or lies in my game, If i'm not better than someone at something, I have no problem admitting it. I fully hoped it would be faster...Thats what I was ultimately after! I didnt care If i had to fork out some money to get there. Yes, i wont lie, I was also interested in seeing what a prop looked like from someone that knew props. Well when I saw the blunt edges, I thought "well this guy is supposed to be one of the best" and didnt worry with it. i think ultimately when you did the prop you must have been in a hurry and didnt finish it because you seem to have a following so I cant hardly thing this was the best you could do...Its just the way you handled it is what gets me. Then you wanna bash my props? really? They may now be the best here is but i can assure you they dont look like a hack job like you claim. Lets do this. I'm not out to make enemies. I'm here to learn and help people and see what this guy did or that guy did and show off my stuff. If you can lose the attitude, we can bury the hatchet. I want to give you another chance...maybe you were having a bad day that day...I dunno. Happens to all of us. Im not without fault myself and ill admit it. Im will ing to send you a raw m645 and let you do your thing to it. I'm willing to pay you agin. I know that its got to faster than mine and i wont have to do any dialing in as i know this prop works. No hard feelings? what do you say?
    does this make any sence ?? Hey guys check out my Scorping rebuild in the building section :) https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...336#post584336

does this make any sence ?? Hey guys check out my Scorping rebuild in the building section :)
    The things that were posted above Chapped my ass because feel likw you put no effort into what you sent me....and when i get reminded...i get pissed. I'd rather just squash this and delete our posts. I want to give you another chance. Like I said, I feel like I didn't get what I paid for as I KNOW you can do better. If you'd rather keep going at it like kids, so be it...I'd rather you just make things right and make me another satisfied customer. Ball is in your court.....

I put plenty effort and pride in your prop and every prop I do !!!! I want it to be the best and fastest prop you own, the camera magnifies it at 500 times , you are discrediting me over something that does not matter, I already deleted my post on the other thread as I was asked,, did you ?

I don't know why he is hung up on discrediting me he went 1 mph slower, and the blade root is not even in the water,,we only use the top 30 % of a surface piecing prop ,,this guy is a joke that thinks his $ hit don't stink and all you guys kiss his unworthy a$$ the best in the worlds props look like that
    You can't win them all. I do think there may be some valid issue with his prop though. I think that there are plenty on here that would rather not keep reading history between you two . Maybe since your the one who got paid you should make a good attempt at making it right with him. I understand if you do a specialty prop that it may get copied so there is always that chance a piece of your hard earned experience goes to someone who could potentially profit from it. I know both of you guys don't want to keep doing this.
    --Albert Einstein

I put plenty effort and pride in your prop and every prop I do !!!! I want it to be the best and fastest prop you own, the camera magnifies it at 500 times , you are discrediting me over something that does not matter, I already deleted my post on the other thread as I was asked,, did you ?
    I thought i did too...Im sorry if it struck a nerve when someone mentioned they got a good prop from you...I'm not getting into it anymore. I sent you a pm, Id rather start over and id rather let you try again with a m645 and id like to see my boat go faster...then I will gladly post it and give you the credit. If you dont want too, no problem. Just remember, People look at how you handle things when someone is unsatisfied. Id rather be friends than foes...its up to you. I have no problem apologizing.......

You can't win them all. I do think there may be some valid issue with his prop though. I think that there are plenty on here that would rather not keep reading history between you two . Maybe since your the one who got paid you should make a good attempt at making it right with him. I understand if you do a specialty prop that it may get copied so there is always that chance a piece of your hard earned experience goes to someone who could potentially profit from it. I know both of you guys don't want to keep doing this.
    Im not looking to copy his prop, but I know what you mean for sure. I understand there may be some "secrets" to this but if he told me "hey im doing some stuff to your prop...dont share it with anyone..so be it. Id respect that. I'm not trying to win any competitions, I just want to get it a little faster and right now i thing prop is key. No i definatly dont want to keep doing this but if he dont make things right with me, I'll continue to hold a grudge....I think I'm being more than fair try to throw him a chance to redeem himself...which i feel like he can. He just chooses to keep being hard headed.

Kxf you are a stand up guy !
    --Albert Einstein

Kxf you are a stand up guy !
    Thanks...i know i earlier but i just cant let it go until i have some closure....and i dont feel im being unreasonable...heck i'm offering to pay again....

Your going to start this conversation with a insult ? What would you know about a valid issue ??? Get a Job !! if I want your opinion I will ask ! Cheerleader !

Your going to start this conversation with a insult ? What would you know about a valid issue ??? Get a Job !! if I want your opinion I will ask ! Cheerleader !
    You just keep digging your hole deeper. Sad. Too much pride. I hope the people reading see how you handle your upset customers. You hide behind your records but your customer service skills suck. Good luck to you buddy....you don't need me to help you sink your own ship. I've already received multiple pm regarding your shoddy attitude.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12