Thread: T180 vs etti 150?

Default T180 vs etti 150?

I'm trying to split hairs here. The reason for this post is this. I'm trying to go faster of course (aren't we all!) But over the past few days I've read a few different times where a swap of an esc only netted more mph. One is a member here (forgot who, forgive me!) That swapped out t 180's for flier or fightercat esc's and picked up several mph. I have a Etti 150 opto 7s esc, is it more efficient (I'm assuming that's the difference, or maybe just puts out more power due to the fet size) than the t180? I guess I'm just wondering if it's worth trying? Anyone here have an experience with this?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

If you have one, why not just try it ...
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Quote Originally Posted by Luck as a Constant View Post
    If you have one, why not just try it ...
    That's a good question. And I thought about that. It's because right now, I don't have much free time to get to the lake. Then I have to make a bunch of changes and soldering to get it mounted up and running guess I wanted to know if someone did this already.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I have switched from a T180 to a Swordy and gained for sure. Some ESC's just have cleaner power.

I have not tried Etti yet though.

I find the Etti 150 esc is a great bit of kit, certainly better than the T180 and the swordfish, personally i find the Etti controllers to be faster...