Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 NAMBA SAW event at Legg Lake, Ca. (Aug 22, 23 & 24)

... and... at least by my reading of the rules, P-OPC and "T-OPC" (open) can run "Any amount and/or size
    of motors
    " (That's copy and pasted directly from the rulebook)...

So... are we going to see that TWIN P-OPC when you are here??
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

And it is not just twin motors allowed but any number of motors. One racer showed up with a 4 motor conquest. He did have to use only 2P maximum though under our rules.

TG
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    And it is not just twin motors allowed but any number of motors. One racer showed up with a 4 motor conquest. He did have to use only 2P maximum though under our rules.

TG
    Actually, the rules don't say that... We don't have paralleling limits any longer.

What they say is that you are allowed a maximum amount of mAh... 10,000 for P and Q, I think 12,000 for S and T... You have to distribute that across the motors how ever you please.

For example, with two motors in P, you can either power both together by a single ESC and 10,000 mah@14.8V, or by 2 ESCs with 5000 mAh each @14.8V.

I need to go back and read, but there might be something in there about how one can divide up Voltage across the motors as well, but I don't recall exactly.

Bottom line would be that you can't have more than the maximum amount of allowable mAh on board when running the maximum class voltage.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Bottom line would be that you can't have more than the maximum amount of allowable mAh on board when running the maximum class voltage.
    Exactly, so use it as efficiently as you can

The guy with the 4 engine cat had 4 - 6s 2500 packs. One for each motor. Having such small packs really hurt any chance of getting any records. I ended up beating him with my mono.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    The guy with the 4 engine cat had 4 - 6s 2500 packs. One for each motor. Having such small packs really hurt any chance of getting any records. I ended up beating him with my mono.

Mark
    it was actually worse than that , I had 4s series into 2s x2 . They were 5000mah Turnigy 40c , instead of making a battery splitter I just took the esc's and paralleled them by soldering there battery wires together . If I only had the new thunder power batts I would have had a chance
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

I new somehow you only had 2500 mah going to each motor. I would have liked to see that boat run on 4 5000 packs. 1 to each motor.

Mark

I tried. I ruined 3 of my packs that day.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

impressive speeds gents, congrats to all participants.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post

Mark
    Man it was great sounding though, Very impressive to watch.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12