Thread: Impulse 31 V2 - top speed 32 mph with 1500KV, X642, 6S

Unhappy Impulse 31 V2 - top speed 32 mph with 1500KV, X642, 6S

I don't know what is wrong with my Impulse 31 V2, I tested with Miss Geico 1500 KV motor, x642 and 6S, top speed was 32 mph.
    My Miss Geico V2 with same parts (I'm mean physically same propeller, batteries and motor) does 48 mph before it goes airborne.

Is Miss Geico hull that much better or am I missing something ?
    I'm not 100 % sure that my ESC programming succeeded, especially the linear throttle curve, is there any way to verify that ?

it depends alot on how the strut and trim tabs are adjusted. is it running nose down or nose up?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

In either hull something is not right...

On the miss geico, 1500kv, 4S (NOT 6S) you should be able to get into the high 40's on an x642 prop. On 6S, you should get past 50 using a smaller x440 prop, using an x642 should be too much for it. Also note that if you are using the stock 80A esc you are likely to burn it out on 6S (the input voltage is rated for 22.2v which is ok, but 80A is not enough headroom).

You might be on to something on your throttle curve-- the default setting is Log curve which only gives you 80% throttle. You need to use the programming card to set it to Linear to get to 100%.

Try going back to 4S and getting it set up right-- you should be high 40's on the Cat, and low-mid 40's on the impluse on the x642.

I have setup guides for both boats (covers strut, cog, and a bunch of other stuff), if you'd like a copy send me an email at jqhydro@gmail.com

Chief

My Buddy and I have, BJ and Impulse. He lives on the water and has more time to Play. Our boats use to be pretty even... Then he got it to run and stable 49.10MPH Droid GPS. BJ stock 2x3cell 5000Mah. I came out and it wasn't even close had me by 10MPH. I got in touch with chief (thanks again) and he sent me his Guide, Big Help. Took the time to set up the Boat and now my Impulse Smokes. I think the most Important Part was COG. Good Luck with it and have fun. Henry

We need some videos!
    Chief