Thread: Swordfish pro 220a esc throttle programming

Default Swordfish pro 220a esc throttle programming

I could be doing something wrong but I'm running into issues programming my new ecs. I plug the system in and pull the throttle back and the motor begins to spin. OK good. The problem is the motor does not stop spinning unless I push the throttle all the way to the front. After this all takes place try and return the throttle to the normal or neutral position and the motor spins on its own.

I'm sure this is a throttle calibration problem but now matter what calibration method I try it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone ran into this issue before?

What radio? Futaba and "Futaba based" such as Tactic and Flysky all need to set the throttle channel to "rev" in order to program correctly.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Flysky GT3C

Did you reverse the channel?

Yep still the same

You said "I plug the system in and pull the throttle back..." Should be that you pull the trigger ( with tx on, of course) all the way back THEN connect the power to your ESC.
    Throttle trim should be neutral, EPA can be 100% or 120%, Swordfish undated their firmware so 120% is no loger necessary. Just 100%, but either way should be ok
    Last edited by tlandauer; 08-08-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Yep the manual States to plug the batteries, motor and esc together and pull the trigger all the way to the rear then plug in the esc to the rx. A series of beeps will play then you return the trigger to the natural position and after these steps the esc will be calibrated.

Are you using the BEC feature or a separate receiver pack? The ESC is powered on while you hold the trigger all the way back, that's how I did mine a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by zhevers View Post
    Yep the manual States to plug the batteries, motor and esc together and pull the trigger all the way to the rear then plug in the esc to the rx. A series of beeps will play then you return the trigger to the natural position and after these steps the esc will be calibrated.
    Try this way: have the ESC connected to the rx and hold trigger way back, then connect power to ESC. I am not trying to be technical, but I have never done it your way, may be I am just not helping you at all, but it seems odd to me.

I'll try it when I get back to my house later. Thanks I'll let you know what happens

tlandauer states a right way to complete calibration. Firstly connect ESC to motor and rx, power on tx and hold trigger way back before connecting ESC to power, then there will first 3 beeps, following by will 4 beeps, let trigger back to nuetral after any one of the 4 beeps (do not miss the 4 beeps, otherwise it will get into programming steps),then 2 beeps out indicates calibration is finished.

update:

I was able to get the throttle range where it needs to be finally!!!

I am now trying to figure out how to change the start mode on the esc. The problem I am running into is the trottle being ultra sencitive when starting off. I know you can change from soft, normal, and hard but Im not sure how to do this.

Thanks

Get yourself a program box... there cheep ! then you don't have to go through that beeping sequence crap and hope you got it right .

Cheers, Jay.

Ok so I'm having an issue with the speed control not turning the motor at fast speeds it turns the prop but barely. Has anyone had this problem, did I overheat the esc??? Turns on makes 2 beeps then 6

welcome!
    perhaps you can tell us a bit more about your set up. How many cells are you using? What brand or batteries ( sometimes the quality of the lipo has a lot to do with the over all performance ) , What radio and motor, it will give people who have the knowledge more parameters to know what to tell you.

I have a 220a swordfish esc and a leopard 4082 1800kv motor I'm running 2 hobby people 6500 30c 3s lipos in series..so the esc powers on emits 2 beeps on start up then 6 beeps for the 6s i got to hit the throttle and the motors turns but only at a slow rate Like It's Struggling I Literally Ran ONE Set Of Batteries Through It Since I Got This Set Up On monday!! Any thoughts???

I'm also running a futaba 3pl 2.4 tx/rx programmed to the esc

Quote Originally Posted by Matt DeMonte View Post
    I'm also running a futaba 3pl 2.4 tx/rx programmed to the esc
    Just a question did you set the throttle channel to " reverse"?, need to do that on Futaba. Also did you check your throttle EPA? They have to be cranked up to 120% on certain Swordfish ESCs, depending on the date of production. They corrected the firm ware reccently.
    Just a heads up.
    Good luck
    Cheers!
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by zhevers View Post
    I could be doing something wrong but I'm running into issues programming my new ecs. I plug the system in and pull the throttle back and the motor begins to spin. OK good. The problem is the motor does not stop spinning unless I push the throttle all the way to the front. After this all takes place try and return the throttle to the normal or neutral position and the motor spins on its own.

I'm sure this is a throttle calibration problem but now matter what calibration method I try it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone ran into this issue before?
    I am having the same issue with Swordfish X+ 200a-8s cw. I am trying to use Airtronics m11x. and there seems to be no neutral. I have to go full brake to stop it from spinning. I don't know if it is the esc or my tx...I tried it with Sanwa MX6 and same thing, had to "max" out brake trim and sub trim to get it to stop spinning in neutral trigger position. And then I turn off rx and then tx and motor spins non stop until I disconnect batter lead.