Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried these high voltage batts? 4s 15.2 v 65c

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Good grief. Were did you get storage voltage from nominal voltage. If your going to sell lipos Keith maybe you should understand what you are selling a little better.
    Well, lucky for me, I'm not a lipo salesman. I have no interest in being one. I ordered a few Revolectrix lipos for friends who were interested in them after we discovered that they had less voltage sag and were less likely to puff than the dinogys we were running last year. I never (and still don't) had an interest in being a lipo salesperson and I have no affiliation or commitment with any company. I am, however, college educated in the subject of electronics and not going to validate online pseudo-science and manipulations of technical terms to suit your agenda. My comment about the relationship between storage voltage and nominal rating is in regards to the recommendation to store lipos at "nominal voltage".

The nominal voltage is the running voltage under load.
    Really? You're suggesting that all lipos rated at 3.7v/cell will hold the same voltage under load? What do we need C ratings for Mark? Without an industry standard for load you're suggesting that nominal voltage is nothing more than an arbitrary value. "Nominal" typically refers to a middle operating range, with a +/- value sometimes given. A 3.7v nominally rated lipo can be charged to 4.2v resting, so I would expect the majority of it's capacity rating to be derived starting at 3.2v resting, since according to the rating, it would be reasonable to expect the voltage curve to sharply drop after the cell is below this point. This would result in nominal 3.7v, +/- 0.5v

The voltage label on a 3s lipo is 11.1 nominal voltage. That works out to 3.7 volts per cell.
    The voltage label on an HV lipo say 11.4 That works out to 3.8 volts per cell.
    A competitor (and a manufacturer, for that matter) can place any label they want on their batteries. This is EXACTY why voltage tests are done before runs are made at IMPBA events (I'm not sure if NAMBA does it this way or not) instead of simply reading the label on the battery. Standard, every day lipos can and have been charged to well over their labeled voltage rating, giving an unfair advantage to the competitor who chooses to practice this method. If voltages are checked, there is no unfair advantage, other than a lipo's ability to decrease voltage sag under high loads, which you have claimed many times your batteries do in comparison to others.

This is why discussions are needed so we can figure this stuff out. Other wise the rest of us can stop using what we have and go buy all new lipos if we want to compete against the guys with this new product.
    If a competitor wishes to compete with you, or anyone else running dinogy, do you expect them to throw out their NIMH batteries, or even perhaps their affordable 25C Turnigy lipos?

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Well, lucky for me, I'm not a lipo salesman. I have no interest in being one. I ordered a few Revolectrix lipos for friends who were interested in them after we discovered that they had less voltage sag and were less likely to puff than the dinogys we were running last year. I never (and still don't) had an interest in being a lipo salesperson and I have no affiliation or commitment with any company. I am, however, college educated in the subject of electronics and not going to validate online pseudo-science and manipulations of technical terms to suit your agenda. My comment about the relationship between storage voltage and nominal rating is in regards to the recommendation to store lipos at "nominal voltage".

Really? You're suggesting that all lipos rated at 3.7v/cell will hold the same voltage under load? What do we need C ratings for Mark? Without an industry standard for load you're suggesting that nominal voltage is nothing more than an arbitrary value. "Nominal" typically refers to a middle operating range, with a +/- value sometimes given. A 3.7v nominally rated lipo can be charged to 4.2v resting, so I would expect the majority of it's capacity rating to be derived starting at 3.2v resting, since according to the rating, it would be reasonable to expect the voltage curve to sharply drop after the cell is below this point. This would result in nominal 3.7v, +/- 0.5v

A competitor (and a manufacturer, for that matter) can place any label they want on their batteries. This is EXACTY why voltage tests are done before runs are made at IMPBA events (I'm not sure if NAMBA does it this way or not) instead of simply reading the label on the battery. Standard, every day lipos can and have been charged to well over their labeled voltage rating, giving an unfair advantage to the competitor who chooses to practice this method. If voltages are checked, there is no unfair advantage, other than a lipo's ability to decrease voltage sag under high loads, which you have claimed many times your batteries do in comparison to others.

If a competitor wishes to compete with you, or anyone else running dinogy, do you expect them to throw out their NIMH batteries, or even perhaps their affordable 25C Turnigy lipos?
    Hmmmm....you have some very good points.....especially the last sentence. Why ever move forward in technology if things like this would not be allowed? I mean when they made the lipo rules...the higher voltage lipos werent out yet were they? So how would they know to include or not to include them in thier rules? Im sure its going to shift this way to the newer technology...so i'm trying it. Ordered some revolectrix today...... (disclaimer..I'm not a racer, used to be, but I was pointing out that things are going to change with time...they always do.)
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thumbs up

Good grief. Were did you get storage voltage from nominal voltage. If your going to sell lipos Keith maybe you should understand what you are selling a little better.

The nominal voltage is the running voltage under load. The voltage label on a 3s lipo is 11.1 nominal voltage. That works out to 3.7 volts per cell.
    The voltage label on an HV lipo say 11.4 That works out to 3.8 volts per cell.

yep its a label just like those who put 65C labels on those 50C packs so they can charge the customer more money

This clearly makes them a higher voltage pack and gives them an unfair advantage to all other lipos on the market. Not just mine. Also these are not what was voted in when the lipo rules were made.

This new technology hasn't proved itself yet and it opens up the door to more failures. I wonder how long it will be before the garage fire reports start to happen from people who forgot to turn there chargers down when charging their regular lipos.

better check the HV Revo thread, as those packs are kicking some good power!

Don't get me wrong. I am all for higher voltage packs and welcome the idea, but until all manufactures produce this new product, I don't see how anyone could think these are going to be legal in the racing community. Do you think ROAR will approve these packs?

This is why discussions are needed so we can figure this stuff out. Other wise the rest of us can stop using what we have and go buy all new lipos if we want to compete against the guys with this new product.

Mark

well I was going to say more but Keith is much smarter than I am
    I'm sold!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I can only say.

Do we need a hv cell?
    Are we going to get somthing more from 0.15v?
    Also 90% of the people won't see anything different.

Mark.
    I've had discussions with John at Revolectrix & if charged to the normal 4.2V/cell then the nominal voltage remains at 3.7V. They are legal if only charged to 4.2v/cell. The tradeoff being that you lose about 5-10 percent capacity when charged.

Paul.

I have made the transition to dinogy a few years back. I will say they are a great pack but do have some downfalls. I am happy running them and for now will keep running em for the time being. The main thing is with the dinogy that I noticed is when they sag under load they still have a ton of pull. When my xxxx packs with the so claimed same c rating fall to the same voltage under load you can see the the boats speed start to fall off after a long pass. The dinogy and hyperion perform pretty much equal in my setups but dinogy packs are much easier on my wallet. The only thing I will say is that I can't run my dinogys below 3.80 as a resting voltage because with one extra pass they will puff pretty bad. With hyperion I didn't have this problem it took much more to puff em.

I would love to try the revo packs but would be too costly to make the transition over as I have to many dinogy packs already.

+1^^

I am pretty invested right now with my Dinogy packs and have them in all of my boats. Very good power. I will say though be careful anything under 3.8v resting and you're asking for trouble. I ran hyperion and thunder power for a brief period of time and didn't see such a rapid physical change in the off chance cells dropped below 3.8v, this worries me. Dinogy are good, but be careful you can't run them like the "cheap packs." Dinogy is powerful but temperamental so factor this into your purchasing decision when comparing hobbyking, dinogy, hyperion.

I will buy them again, but first the revo 6s 5500mah the evidence and sources are enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    I have made the transition to dinogy a few years back. I will say they are a great pack but do have some downfalls. I am happy running them and for now will keep running em for the time being. The main thing is with the dinogy that I noticed is when they sag under load they still have a ton of pull. When my xxxx packs with the so claimed same c rating fall to the same voltage under load you can see the the boats speed start to fall off after a long pass. The dinogy and hyperion perform pretty much equal in my setups but dinogy packs are much easier on my wallet. The only thing I will say is that I can't run my dinogys below 3.80 as a resting voltage because with one extra pass they will puff pretty bad. With hyperion I didn't have this problem it took much more to puff em.

I would love to try the revo packs but would be too costly to make the transition over as I have to many dinogy packs already.
    Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    +1^^

I am pretty invested right now with my Dinogy packs and have them in all of my boats. Very good power. I will say though be careful anything under 3.8v resting and you're asking for trouble. I ran hyperion and thunder power for a brief period of time and didn't see such a rapid physical change in the off chance cells dropped below 3.8v, this worries me. Dinogy are good, but be careful you can't run them like the "cheap packs." Dinogy is powerful but temperamental so factor this into your purchasing decision when comparing hobbyking, dinogy, hyperion.

I will buy them again, but first the revo 6s 5500mah the evidence and sources are enough for me.
    Not good!

I have several dinogy / Giant Power packs and they heat up much more than any other pack I own during use?
    and they do get puffy

so if we cannot take these packs below 3.8v per cell without damage is it possible that the true nominal voltage of these packs are higher than the "advertised" printed label of 3.7v per cell

if yes or no either way it sounds like we cannot use these packs all the way like most any other lipo

I know my Magnums perform better than the LNE packs do hands down and never puff even when taken way below 20% use during a run.... be it Heli / Boat / or a Plane
    I don't have these for my Revo yet
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Not good!

I have several dinogy / Giant Power packs and they heat up much more than any other pack I own during use?
    and they do get puffy

so if we cannot take these packs below 3.8v per cell without damage is it possible that the true nominal voltage of these packs are higher than the "advertised" printed label of 3.7v per cell

if yes or no either way it sounds like we cannot use these packs all the way like most any other lipo

I know my Magnums perform better than the LNE packs do hands down and never puff even when taken way below 20% use during a run.... be it Heli / Boat / or a Plane
    I don't have these for my Revo yet
    I totally agree it stinks I lost a min or two of runtime when I made the transition to dinogy. With my hyperion packs I did whatever the heck I wanted to do.

I guess it's like having a friend with a hot wife and yours is ugly. You want a trade in but know it will cost you too much in the end so you stick with what you got...... lol

My biggest problem with dinogy is Mike and I had two or three problem packs out of about 50 in total. When we both made the transition to dinogy ( at 2 separate times ) mark swore up and down about them and his warranty being so called AWESOME. Mike had a 5 s pack that had a cell puff pretty bad and I had a set of 2's packs that only puffed one cell on each. When. It came to getting them warrantied mark made this whole new warranty up for the both of us (again this was month apart from one another). Mark said in the beginning that if only a cell or two in a 5 s back puffs I know it was not user error but if the whole thing is puffed then it is pretty much user error. This did not apply to us though !!!!!! We had even asked him to do the crash price rating for us and that was a no go as well. Whithe this being said it has made me cold to buying from him. It's not about the money it's just principal. If I talk to you and you tell me all this good stuff to make a sale then when it comes time to make good on it you back down to save your self a few dollars is just wrong. WHAT GOOD IS A MAN'S WORD IF IT CAN T BE KEPT ????? UMMM NO GOOD AT ALL !!!!!!

Now I just go straight to the source and buy them. I opened up an account with them pretty easily. If I can get a few more dollars off it will be worth it for me to help my local hobby shop to start bringing more in at a really good price. I am talking orders of 2000 to 3000 individual cells in total. We will be able to let them go at 15 dollars per cell.

Anyway brushless how do the Magnums perform would love to see some data logging if possible.

Thanks for letting me share what a great group we got here love you guys lol
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 08-27-2014 at 01:32 AM.

OH AND ONE MORE THING......
    I SPOKE WITH BRIAN WATTS FROM ROCKET CITY RACING TODAY FOR ABOUT AN HOUR. HE JUST GOT SET UP WITH SELLING AND STOCKING REVO PRODUCTS. He wI'll have the popular packs on hand and will be able to get anything else in a moments notice. This includes the Pl line of chargers as well witch I must say are amazing.
    Last edited by Chrisg81983; 08-27-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Ugh well...same thing here. I spoke with Mark at length about batteries, all sorts of stuff, told him I run a few high amp setups (330+). Anyway we talked about the brand and also the clearly outlined warranty and exclusions.

Unfortunately my "high amp," setup and his knowledge of it worked to my detriment in a big way when I had a problem with 2 5s packs. He said "boats are hard on packs," couldn't agree more, but I shouldn't be exempt from all warranty entirely just because "boats are hard on stuff." This happened last January. They were 5s packs with 10 uses, I broke them down for use in my wraith on 2-3s. I only noticed they were "funny," when I bought a fresh set of 5s and noticed how the old ones were wider because of 1-2 cells in the pack, swelling occurred after sitting at 3.85v btw. This was confirmed when disassembled.

Don't say you run boats or else you may too be excluded from all warranty entirely. I didn't say anything for awhile but clearly others feel the same way about treatment and pack quality. At least with hobbyking you know you're not getting a warranty upon purchase.

Ugh well...same thing here. I spoke with Mark at length about batteries, all sorts of stuff, told him I run a few high amp setups (330+). Anyway we talked about the brand and also the clearly outlined warranty and exclusions.

Unfortunately my "high amp," setup and his knowledge of it worked to my detriment in a big way when I had a problem with 2 5s packs. He said "boats are hard on packs," couldn't agree more, but I shouldn't be exempt from all warranty entirely just because "boats are hard on stuff." This happened last January. They were 5s packs with 10 uses, I broke them down for use in my wraith on 2-3s. I only noticed they were "funny," when I bought a fresh set of 5s and noticed how the old ones were wider because of 1-2 cells in the pack, swelling occurred after sitting at 3.85v btw. This was confirmed when disassembled.

Don't say you run boats or else you may too be excluded from all warranty entirely. I didn't say anything for awhile but clearly others feel the same way about treatment and pack quality. At least with hobbyking you know you're not getting a warranty upon purchase.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I myself had two or 3 packs that swelled on their own in storage state for no reason at all they were new in box from Mark. I did not even try to ask about getting them taken care of by him.. look where the first time got me / us.

I thought dinogy was the best?
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I thought dinogy was the best?
    they are good but not the best remember there's always something better, stronger and faster.

It's like I said earlier many of us that use them are at the point where we just keep using them because we have them and have too much money invested in themto change over to what I really want to be using. who knows you might see 50 plus lipos for sale in the near future.

they are good but not the best remember there's always something better, stronger and faster.

It's like I said earlier many of us that use them are at the point where we just keep using them because we have them and have too much money invested in themto change over to what I really want to be using. who knows you might see 50 plus lipos for sale in the near future.
    You should send me two 3s packs to test against the revolectrix I just ordered for my rivercat. Of course I'll send them right back and I'll pay shipping. I like real world tests a little better than bench tests myself.

You should send me two 3s packs to test against the revolectrix I just ordered for my rivercat. Of course I'll send them right back and I'll pay shipping. I like real world tests a little better than bench tests myself.
    It wouldn't be fair comparing used packs to new packs.
    I've ran both, as well as many others, and derive my conclusions from data logs and actual performance.

Will you be charging your Revo packs to 4.27v per cell?
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

I totally agree it stinks I lost a min or two of runtime when I made the transition to dinogy. With my hyperion packs I did whatever the heck I wanted to do.

I guess it's like having a friend with a hot wife and yours is ugly. You want a trade in but know it will cost you too much in the end so you stick with what you got...... lol

My biggest problem with dinogy is Mike and I had two or three problem packs out of about 50 in total. When we both made the transition to dinogy ( at 2 separate times ) mark swore up and down about them and his warranty being so called AWESOME. Mike had a 5 s pack that had a cell puff pretty bad and I had a set of 2's packs that only puffed one cell on each. When. It came to getting them warrantied mark made this whole new warranty up for the both of us (again this was month apart from one another). Mark said in the beginning that if only a cell or two in a 5 s back puffs I know it was not user error but if the whole thing is puffed then it is pretty much user error. This did not apply to us though !!!!!! We had even asked him to do the crash price rating for us and that was a no go as well. Whithe this being said it has made me cold to buying from him. It's not about the money it's just principal. If I talk to you and you tell me all this good stuff to make a sale then when it comes time to make good on it you back down to save your self a few dollars is just wrong. WHAT GOOD IS A MAN'S WORD IF IT CAN T BE KEPT ????? UMMM NO GOOD AT ALL !!!!!!

Now I just go straight to the source and buy them. I opened up an account with them pretty easily. If I can get a few more dollars off it will be worth it for me to help my local hobby shop to start bringing more in at a really good price. I am talking orders of 2000 to 3000 individual cells in total. We will be able to let them go at 15 dollars per cell.

Anyway brushless how do the Magnums perform would love to see some data logging if possible.

Thanks for letting me share what a great group we got here love you guys lol
    Chris I am so sorry to hear about the bogus warranty
    I know these are pushed on buyers with the selling point of a 6 month warranty, and you and other are not able to collect!

Great to hear your able to sell these for much less than anyone else
    I had imported some of these packs a while back but did not like the way they were trying to sell there product by bashing other lipos, so I stopped

and I don't have any data logging with my Magnum packs only GPS and feel during testing and racing..
    the first lap out rips and the remaining 5 laps are very consistent
    where as the LNE Dinogy start to fall off at about the 4th or 5th lap and don't have the top speed like my Magnum packs do

thank you for the warranty heads up

It wouldn't be fair comparing used packs to new packs.
    I've ran both, as well as many others, and derive my conclusions from data logs and actual performance.
    You have a point...so I'll run the revo packs several times then compare lol

wow!!
    so where is the disclaimer on the site that says "FE Boat use Warranty Void" ??

I run the Turnigy / Hayin 40C packs for sport use and some racing..
    I tested these out in my PMono and they did well, not the strongest as we know but they did good..
    well a day later sitting in my hobby room one of the Hayin 4s packs puffed, not much but enough that I contacted Hayin
    he said send a picture with a cell checker to it and I did.. he could see the pack was buffed and said no problem (knowing I run FE boats)
    two weeks went by, and I did a follow up email, and he spaced out the refund so he boxed up 2 packs and shipped them that day!
    I got not one but 2 free packs for a puffy two days later!!

now that's taking care of your people

Oh yeah forgot to mention I myself had two or 3 packs that swelled on their own in storage state for no reason at all they were new in box from Mark. I did not even try to ask about getting them taken care of by him.. look where the first time got me / us.
    now I don't feel so bad that mine are puffing without any abuse cuz others are seeing the same issues

now I don't feel so bad that mine are puffing without any abuse cuz others are seeing the same issues

Wow Chris

I don't believe your saying all this stuff. You run extreme 100 mph setups and that's hard on any battery. If you had a pack with one cell puff I would have exchanged it. I don't remember ever telling you I wouldn't. I also don't remember telling you no to a crash replacement. That's what it's there for, but it's not for packs that are old and worn out either. I stand behind what I sell but I also know when the customer is trying to pass on there mistake as my fault. Aren't those 2s packs from bigger packs you took apart?
    If you had new packs swell in the box I would have replaced them. I have never seen this happen with my packs, not once, but if you would have sent them back and they still looked like new packs , I would have sent you new packs. Period. If what you say is true then why wouldn't you say something. I would never let something like that just slide. Also where was your warranty when you told me the 8 - 5s 6000 packs I sent you never showed up. I sent you 8 more packs. I lost a lot of money on that deal but I considered you a really good customer so I took care of you. Funny how people only complain about the bad and never talk about the good. I don't understand where all this negativity from you is coming from. I thought we were friends and I was doing a good job.

All I need is a pic of a battery with one puffed cell in it and I get reimbursed from the factory. I would never deny a customer a free pack in this situation.

Batteries don't puff on there own unless there over charged or discharged or ran hard when the packs are cold. The problem with this is sometimes they don't puff right away. They do so like 1 or 2 cycles later and that makes people think they didn't hurt there battery because they don't puff at the time they hurt them.

Those Hyperian batteries were the best but haven't been made in over 3 years. The new ones aren't the same battery as proven by Mcsguys testing. The TP did even worse and I was a sponsored racer by TP for 5 years, so I know exactly how good they are. In the day they were the best and I did very good by TP batteries but just like Hyperian, they both switched factories and now there just not the same.

Keith

I am sorry and it's not my intention to give you a hard time. But if your going to try a discredit me in an open forum you should try to have your facts correct.

I have been doing this for 2 years now and have a very good reputation on quality and customer service. I think that says a lot about the brand I sell and feel bad for you guys who aren't happy. I wish I could have made it a better experience during your time of need.

There is a reason many top racers use the dinogy/giant power brand and it's not because Hyperian and thunder power are better batteries.There not.

The revos look good so far and time will tell how they play out. I look forward to you amp hogs ringing them out so we can see just how good they really are. By the way I am a revo dealer as well and can sell whatever I like. Maybe I'll add these to the list but so far for now they haven't proved them self's to me.

The cycle testing Mcsguy is getting ready to do is really going to be the true test on how we all stack up. I'm just as curious as the rest of you guys how well we all do.

I am going to try and stay out of the rest of this discussion unless you have a direct question for me. I would like to say Thanks to all my customers who buy from me, I really do appreciate your business and the kind words you say.

Mark

Wow Chris

I don't believe your saying all this stuff. You run extreme 100 mph setups and that's hard on any battery. If you had a pack with one cell puff I would have exchanged it. I don't remember ever telling you I wouldn't. I also don't remember telling you no to a crash replacement. That's what it's there for, but it's not for packs that are old and worn out either. I stand behind what I sell but I also know when the customer is trying to pass on there mistake as my fault. Aren't those 2s packs from bigger packs you took apart?
    If you had new packs swell in the box I would have replaced them. I have never seen this happen with my packs, not once, but if you would have sent them back and they still looked like new packs , I would have sent you new packs. Period. If what you say is true then why wouldn't you say something. I would never let something like that just slide. Also where was your warranty when you told me the 8 - 5s 6000 packs I sent you never showed up. I sent you 8 more packs. I lost a lot of money on that deal but I considered you a really good customer so I took care of you. Funny how people only complain about the bad and never talk about the good. I don't understand where all this negativity from you is coming from. I thought we were friends and I was doing a good job.

All I need is a pic of a battery with one puffed cell in it and I get reimbursed from the factory. I would never deny a customer a free pack in this situation.

Batteries don't puff on there own unless there over charged or discharged or ran hard when the packs are cold. The problem with this is sometimes they don't puff right away. They do so like 1 or 2 cycles later and that makes people think they didn't hurt there battery because they don't puff at the time they hurt them.

Those Hyperian batteries were the best but haven't been made in over 3 years. The new ones aren't the same battery as proven by Mcsguys testing. The TP did even worse and I was a sponsored racer by TP for 5 years, so I know exactly how good they are. In the day they were the best and I did very good by TP batteries but just like Hyperian, they both switched factories and now there just not the same.

Keith

I am sorry and it's not my intention to give you a hard time. But if your going to try a discredit me in an open forum you should try to have your facts correct.

I have been doing this for 2 years now and have a very good reputation on quality and customer service. I think that says a lot about the brand I sell and feel bad for you guys who aren't happy. I wish I could have made it a better experience during your time of need.

There is a reason many top racers use the dinogy/giant power brand and it's not because Hyperian and thunder power are better batteries.There not.

The revos look good so far and time will tell how they play out. I look forward to you amp hogs ringing them out so we can see just how good they really are. By the way I am a revo dealer as well and can sell whatever I like. Maybe I'll add these to the list but so far for now they haven't proved them self's to me.

The cycle testing Mcsguy is getting ready to do is really going to be the true test on how we all stack up. I'm just as curious as the rest of you guys how well we all do.

I am going to try and stay out of the rest of this discussion unless you have a direct question for me. I would like to say Thanks to all my customers who buy from me, I really do appreciate your business and the kind words you say.

Mark
    I;m very impressed how you responded. Most people would have flipped out and acted like a child when they received negative comments. My hats off to you...some people should take note of your response and how it was handled in a mature manner. Hopefully you can get the few issues that people have had sorted out. Seems like your trying to keep your good reputation...and that means alot!

Keith

Well that certainly is convincing. I totally change my position now. Thanks for straightening that out. Let me refer you to the case of Rubber v. Glue.

What does "I am a Revo dealer" consist of? They aren't on your site, you make no mention of them or their availability elsewhere, and you are actively campaigning for them to be outlawed so you don't have to compete with them. If you're a Revo dealer, then I'm a Dinogy dealer, as I technically do have the ability to order them and resell them if I wanted to.
    That's a transparent attempt at trying to seem impartial, but you're clearly not.

I'm not here to pimp anyone's brand or bash anyone elses. If anything, I've been pretty careful up to this point to keep any negative comments I might have about Dinogy lipos under my hat. I'm not here to bash Dinogy, Mark, or anyone else.
    I do however have a problem with the negative effect on our hobby and race participation that comes from political BS. If there's a problem with how the rules are worded in your organization, you should seek to SOLVE the problem and make sure that nobody is prohibited from participating in an event because the word "Nominal" was used in the rule book (a ridiculous way to define a class in the first place). I am astounded by how many people in this hobby claim to want more participants but put all of their energy into shutting doors instead of opening them. We have a bunch of guys going around looking for something that they can "catch" someone else on, or prevent them from competing. Either you believe that Revos perform so much better than Dinogys that it's truly unfair, or you're just trying to eliminate them for your own personal interest. It's as simple as that. The HV aspect isn't really relative as we know people have been overcharging lipos that are not HV anyway, so a voltage check is in order regardless of lipo type.

Thanks Keith

It's not as simple as that. But thanks for putting words in my mouth that aren't true. Also this is no political BS either. Just stating facts.

I am a dealer of Revo because I talked to John and he said I could be. I haven't chose to be one yet but things could change.

In the testing done by Mcsguy the new HV packs held 2 volts higher than anybody else and that was when they were charged at 4.20 volts. That number goes higher when you compare to lesser brands or charge to 4.35. This makes them the battery to have and every body who races can throw there batteries away, doesn't matter what brand, and run out and buy the new HV batteries or else get beat if you don't. That's called a monopoly on the market. My view has nothing to do with me being a dealer. I would have this view if I was running TP or any other brand out there. If you were a hyperian dealer we would be having a different conversation here and you know it. Again just trying to educate people on the facts. Please let me know if anything I've said so far sounds like Political BS.

And I say I welcome these packs when I look at them for sport use. Not racing.

Also I'm not campaigning to get rid of anybody. I just mentioned they were talked about. That's as far as I go with this subject but if asked, I will give my opinion on the subject.

A much larger market than us is the car guys. Can you imagine what would happen to all those vendors who sell car packs if these were approved. Were talking hundreds of vendors who sell car packs.

Chris
    As far as using loose cells goes I will tell you guys something. Loose cells are spot welded and soldered together at the factory when packs are assembled. Soldered alone works fine at lower amp draw but will burn at the solder connections under high amp draw. Ask Manuel Wenny how the loose cells I sold him turned out. By the way. You bad mouth the brand and then in the next sentence tell people your going to sell the brand in loose cells. Are you for or against?

Mark

Mark

A much larger market than us is the car guys. Can you imagine what would happen to all those vendors who sell car packs if these were approved. Were talking hundreds of vendors who sell car packs.

Mark

Mark
    I can imagine what will happen.....everyone else will have to up thier game or fall behind.

This debate is akin to the Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge thing....one is always trying to out do the others....but the two competitors don't complain about it. ...they step up their game. Win-win for customers. ...

...one is always trying to out do the others....but the two competitors don't complain about it. ...they step up their game. Win-win for customers. ...
    Yes....

Mark nobody is bad mouthing u or the packs. in all honesty I can complain about every lipobut I don't know how you can sit here and tell me that I never told you what happenedI specifically told you I have to tell you and ask you what is going on because I was running your batteries in an RC truckin one cell in each of the two packs puffed. I asked you if we can warranty them and you said no try running them and charging them at a high amperage.

second my best friend Mike had the same problem whit packs that were a month old and you told him the same thing in regards to not being able to warranty or crash replace them. In his situation they were in a boat but were well within the specifications of the packso I don't see what the problem should be

you know I always called you for my batterieseven though I could have got them elsewhere for a decent amount cheaperand I thought we had a good relationshipbut when Mike and I got shut down after all the money we have spent that was the turning point in my eyes. and what really gets me is that we were both sold batteries under the impressionthat you gave us bout how you stand by your batteries I woulda been happier if you just said there was no warranty at all. and if you didn't tell us this why would I havejust thrown away 3 more packs that puff on their ownand neither of them where ever used they were still in the box how I got them from you

and I'm sorry if I offended youbut I am just stating the factsand yes when that order got lost in shippingyou did replace them and I appreciate thatbut the outcome is I was still led to believe that your warranty was therefor anyone that had a problem as long as they were used correctlyyou knew my setup when I bought them from you so don't try to use that against me plus the packs I had problems with and question you on we ran in a truck only and I told you that as well and you said to me don't worry me and the guys all run squishy puffed packs.

sorry if some of this doesn't make sense reading it the first time as I typed it all while driving

Thanks Keith

In the testing done by Mcsguy the new HV packs held 2 volts higher than anybody else and that was when they were charged at 4.20 volts. That number goes higher when you compare to lesser brands or charge to 4.35.
    He's not the only one who's done testing Mark. We have seen 0.3v/cell higher with Revo 427s vs. Dinogy 65C, but in the same respect we saw higher voltage from Glacier 35C packs than we saw from Dinogy as well. Nobody's saying that all batteries hold the same voltage under load (well, outside of your insinuation previously in this thread). Some will definitely perform better than others.

This makes them the battery to have and every body who races can throw there batteries away, doesn't matter what brand, and run out and buy the new HV batteries or else get beat if you don't. That's called a monopoly on the market.
    First, no. That's not at all a Monopoly Mark. Offering a product that performs better than others is not a Monopoly. That's the most ridiculous and misguided definition of a Monopoly I've ever heard. The only thing in this thread that even resembles Monopoly and the practices of businesses that seek to monopolize would be the notion that you think any battery that outperforms a dinogy should be banned. That's not putting words in your mouth. You just compared Revos at 4.2v/cell to Dinos at 4.2v/cell. Based on your own admission, the Revos outperformed the Dinos on a level playing field. Since lipo chemistry and anode/cathode doping has changed many times since lithium batteries became popular, I don't see what validity your argument has other than "they perform better".

My view has nothing to do with me being a dealer. I would have this view if I was running TP or any other brand out there. If you were a hyperian dealer we would be having a different conversation here and you know it. Again just trying to educate people on the facts. Please let me know if anything I've said so far sounds like Political BS.
    Seriously? So when you claim that Dinogy outperforms other brands, that they have some carbon nano tube technology that nobody else has, or that they don't get their raws from china while other manufacturers do, that's ok. If Dinogy is the superior brand and everyone has to throw out their Turnigys, Venoms, Traxxas packs, Haiyin, etc. to compete with the guys running Dinogy that's ok...Don't you think it's a bit narcissistic to think that the lipos you sell should be the ceiling for performance, lipos that out-perform them should be outlawed?
    HOLY CRAP MAN...

I'm curious why you haven't rallied to ban Lehner motors, since all the superfast Dinogy-powered runs you referenced at your last Legg Lake event were made with Lehner powered boats. What is everyone else supposed to do? Throw out their Leopards and TP motors and be forced to buy Lehner just to keep up? I'm guessing since you're not selling motors you don't really care about that advantage.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast