Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anyone tried these high voltage batts? 4s 15.2 v 65c

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    In relation to all the conjecture about Nominal voltage of the revolectrix packs. Here's the manufacturers label on the actual cell in one of the packs. Courtesy of kfxguy.

Totally legal under any rule relating to Nominal voltage as far as I'm concerned.
    Nice one Paul, and thanks for posting this!!
    Looks like I will be placing a big order for the 2015 season of racing for these and dumping some other packs in the sales thread
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    In relation to all the conjecture about Nominal voltage of the revolectrix packs. Here's the manufacturers label on the actual cell in one of the packs. Courtesy of kfxguy.

Totally legal under any rule relating to Nominal voltage as far as I'm concerned.
    Are these the HV cells? According to the website the "Silver Label"HV cells are 70C. Or am I missing something?
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Smock View Post
    Are these the HV cells? According to the website the "Silver Label"HV cells are 70C. Or am I missing something?
    I don't think you are..
    I have the same question about that...
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Never mind, I see he took them apart to run 7s. Kfxguy, wouldn't John sell you a single cell?

These 3.8 cells have been around for 4 years now and until recently, they were not able to withstand a high discharge. What, all of a sudden has changed? Ceramic coatings? Really?
    They were different enough then that we couldn't use them for our use. Why not if their the same thing? I suspect there is more to it than ceramic coatings and I'm trying to find out what the real deal is with these. I find it odd that John would come on here say what he did and I will leave it at that.

And just for the record, I have nothing against these cells or any progress that factories can bring to us. I just brought up the legality for racing purposes. Nothing more.

I think these cells are the future and I have asked my factory to get on the ball with these but they think their dangerous and an accident waiting to happen so it wont happen anytime soon unfortunately.

Mark

Is it so hard for you to accept that there is something better. I get it you are scared that you are going to loose a ton of businesses with these out there but hey the lipo business is a risky one. When my buddy opened up his l?hs we ordered a bunch of lipos. Within a month they were obsolete and we lost a ton of cash. Again this is when lipos first became popular.

Why is the pack apart? Something happen to it already? Do tell kfxguy.
    If that cell is from a HV pack that would suggest the HV packs are relabeled regular packs. If not then who cares.

785 boats.
    The nominal voltage comes from the factory that makes them and is labeled as such according to the spec sheet on their web site. It's not just a sticker thing. I guess you could show up at a race and say their legal packs because you cut the shrink off and had that to show for it. But wouldn't you be 'technically' lying or trying to cheat?

Mark
    That pack is apart because I needed a single cell. I purposely bought a 2s pack to take it apart and make 1s pack. Why? Because my little rivercat won't fit a 4s pack. Well it would not fit any other name brand until I got a batch of 4s revolectrix in the other day. They fit so I no longer need to run the single cell side by side with the 3s pack. Yes the cell is from a silver series hv 5500 pack. It does hold 5500mah and has out performed the other batteries I've put against it. I've recorded the highest speed with these batteries. You simply cannot beat these batteries for the price....or even twice the price.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

On car side..voltage is checked at big races its called tech..and its only starting voltage..it takes all of 10 seconds max to check..no..not done at club level..i agree at any national event or big race should be done..The amount of power difference between 3.7 and 3.8 volts per cell is huge...not to mention temperature checked too..heating of cells is a big power maker..but also illegal now in roar..bottom line rules state 3.7 volts per cell..until rules change..that is what we go by..yes technology is advancing..and we can all police ourselves..but at big races or national events..needs to be checked prior..

Chris

Why do you feel the need to always turn my post into an attack about me. I have no problem with these packs as I have stated nor am I worried about them. Am I not allowed to have an opinion as a racer of 20 years. The revos and nano techs tested well ages ago and you didn't hear one word from me about it. The dinogy/GP brand holds most of the saw records and dominated the electric nats. I still believe I have the best brand on the market.
    Most people could care about these packs and their not going to dominate anything. I think it's funny someone post a pick of a HV cell and they have different label on them. But I guess as a vendor I'm not allowed to have an opinion or contribute to any threads.

Mark
    Mark

Chris

Why do you feel the need to always turn my post into an attack about me. I have no problem with these packs as I have stated nor am I worried about them. Am I not allowed to have an opinion as a racer of 20 years. The revos and nano techs tested well ages ago and you didn't hear one word from me about it. The dinogy/GP brand holds most of the saw records and dominated the electric nats. I still believe I have the best brand on the market.
    Most people could care about these packs and their not going to dominate anything. I think it's funny someone post a pick of a HV cell and they have different label on them. But I guess as a vendor I'm not allowed to have an opinion or contribute to any threads.

Mark
    Mark
    I'm not trying to stir up any mess but I'd really like to see how your batteries fair against the revolectrix in real world conditions. In my back to back tests. ...nothing comes close....no matter what the sticker says.

Btw....you can take this with a grain of salt but as a vendor your best bet would be to remain transparent. It looks bad on you to get into pissing matches with other members. I have yet to see any other vendor get involved in discussions about their products which involves a competitors product. I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful in any way....but sometimes it's better to say nothing. (And I know it's hard to...)
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisg81983 View Post
    Is it so hard for you to accept that there is something better. I get it you are scared that you are going to loose a ton of businesses with these out there but hey the lipo business is a risky one.
    Getting a little personal here. Let's lighten up a bit please sir.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Now they're too dangerous for LNE to make? What concern would they have in how safe they are when they don't have the ability to make them in the first place? Which is it? The cells shouldn't be able to withstand high discharge so you don't know what they are, or you (your supplier) know exactly what they are and chose to take the high road and not make them? ...Pick a narrative and stick with it.

From what I've heard, your supplier allegedly can't afford (or doesn't want to make the investment in) the machinery required to make them, nor do they know how. Seems to me that they're a step behind on this, not making some moral decision about safety.

I've been trying to stay out of this because I don't have time to reply to nonsense all day, but the scare tactics are really distasteful. I would really like to see the evidence that would bring one to the conclusion that these are dangerous compared to other lipos. Everything I've seen so far would suggest that they're safer.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Now they're too dangerous for LNE to make? What concern would they have in how safe they are when they don't have the ability to make them in the first place? Which is it? The cells shouldn't be able to withstand high discharge so you don't know what they are, or you (your supplier) know exactly what they are and chose to take the high road and not make them? ...Pick a narrative and stick with it.

From what I've heard, your supplier allegedly can't afford (or doesn't want to make the investment in) the machinery required to make them, nor do they know how. Seems to me that they're a step behind on this, not making some moral decision about safety.

I've been trying to stay out of this because I don't have time to reply to nonsense all day, but the scare tactics are really distasteful. I would really like to see the evidence that would bring one to the conclusion that these are dangerous compared to other lipos. Everything I've seen so far would suggest that they're safer.
    Lol....that is what I meant about him always saying negative stuff about revo. we heard so many stories about why and how his vendor can, can't, or won't make em. he is just getting to deep in stories to follow. No mark I am not bashing you but just trying to follow, and understand your reasons for stating they are dangerous packs. If the only reasons you can come up with for being dangerous is user error then don't bother. Example people not knowing how to charge a lipo and so on. If you have solid data please shed some light.
    Thanks

I think a lot of people care about the revo packs. Higher voltage, more speed, easy!

I can't wait to get a few sets of revo's.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    I think a lot of people care about the revo packs. Higher voltage, more speed, easy!

I can't wait to get a few sets of revo's.
    And they aren't expensive!

Chris

Why do you feel the need to always turn my post into an attack about me. I have no problem with these packs as I have stated nor am I worried about them. Am I not allowed to have an opinion as a racer of 20 years. The revos and nano techs tested well ages ago (and still test very well today) and you didn't hear one word from me about it. The dinogy/GP brand holds most of the saw records and dominated the electric nats.
    first guess is the vendor is at the races selling these packs and my second guess is that the ones who bought these packs have and will set records with almost any lipo on the market today, as its not the pack making records IMO, but proper setup, electronics, and the knowledge of setting records year after year...
    in other words "selling to the right crowd" just as LNE pushes in their emails about selling these lipos and getting on the forums to talk about them as much as possible...

I still believe I have the best brand on the market. uhmmmmmmmm

Most people could care about these packs and their not going to dominate anything. interesting

I think it's funny someone post a pick of a HV cell and they have different label on them. I have 50C LNE packs that are the same as the 65C LNE packs, only difference was the price..

But I guess as a vendor I'm not allowed to have an opinion or contribute to any threads.

Mark
    Mark

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567