Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Bigger cheetah would be cool too. Let's not clutter up the thread with motor suggestions, rules and ever thing else guys. We could start a new thread for that. Monica just wants hull suggestions and if this gets too far off course she's not going to be able to read it all and sort all the extra stuff :)
    Sorry for placing racer's needs that "clutter up" your need for "SAW" decal-boats in Doby's thread which asked in the opening post:
    "So, post away in this thread as to what you would like to see come to market for next year".

And Monica is much brighter than you give her credit for.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Sorry for placing racer's needs that "clutter up" your need for "SAW" decal-boats in Doby's thread which asked in the opening post:
    "So, post away in this thread as to what you would like to see come to market for next year".

And Monica is much brighter than you give her credit for.
    I see it was early in the morning when you posted so I wonder if maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed? Anyway, maybe you took my comment wrong? I was trying to get you guys attention to not go back and forth with rules and all sorts of comments that make its harder to sift through. I apologize if you took my comment the wrong way, I know you guys want a boat to follow whatever racing rules in place...and that's fine...it would just be easier if the thread didn't get cluttered.

What does the comment "saw" decal-boats supposed to mean? Is that some sort of jab at the type of boats I'm interested in? If so, I think that comment was out of line. If not, then maybe I took it the wrong way. Btw, a mini cheetah and bigger cheetah that I requested are most certainly not "saw" boats. I thought a mini cheetah would be great for a smaller hull size class (sorry but not up to speed on the designations)(and sport boaters have another cool hull option..the cheetah is awesome) and a larger one would be awesome too.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

PEOPLE......DON"T MAKE ME COME OVER THERE!!!!

And back the topic we go

Its becoming pretty clear that people seem to want kittys!

I hate Cat's
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I hate Cat's
    C'mon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

I love cats too! But I'm getting the itch for a mono...or a hydo...heck maybe even a rigger lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by JimClark View Post
    I hate Cat's
    Takes a REAL MAN to say that, and I am sure Jim means Cat. hulls.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I love cats too! But I'm getting the itch for a mono...or a hydo...heck maybe even a rigger lol
    Wait have you not built a mono or hydro?

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

There's a killer deal on an insane hydro on here. Grab it

Lets keep this thread on track people....

Ya know what they call Cats down here in Florida? BAIT!!! or CHUM!!! depends on weather you hookem' or grindem'

Default TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Noplease

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    I agree...sorry about that. Ok.....Mini cheetah. Also make it easier to buy from tfl. Setting up an account and filling out paperwork to order something just isn't cool. Tfl needs a store where we can pick what we want and just buy it. Or maybe get an eBay store. We just set up an eBay store at my dealer ship and not even trying we are selling 13k+ a month with little effort. Please please make things easier to buy.

i would love to see a bigger cheetah.

A 26.5" long x 12" wide Cheetah cat with flat sponson pads and no overhang at the back would be nice.
    Nortavlag Bulc

1/8th & 1/10th Scale Hydroplanes. Vintage & Modern.

Monica is very sharp.

The motor thing (rules schmools) is something I'm making my personal mission. TFL is my best chance of getting something both to market and NAMBA legal without wrecking our fragile spec classes.

Sooo.......what I want to see is for all of their 4s sized assembled offerings to include a motor that's close in performance to our current spec. All withe same motor.

We'll be working on it.

Oh, and there is a TFL dealer her in the states. The trouble is that he can't stock everything they make. You have to guess what will move.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    1/8th & 1/10th Scale Hydroplanes. Vintage & Modern.
    Yes ! ...I like the widened and stretched Genesis idea too, easier twin SAW. Reasonable priced ! not requiring specific hardware sold by designer to perform...
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Hey Sirs here, I notice that there are some ask for bigger Genesis or Cheetah, there is no problem for TFL to produce them! In fact we have a lot big various of hulls in our hands. But one point is very important to consider, courier cost!As people known well, for courier service charge, its rate shuld be calculated by the bigger bewtwee gross weight and volumetric weight! And hulls always be charged by volumetric weight. So the hull is more bigger, then the courier fee is more increased. A lot buyers won't pay when they see the expensive courier fee, that the hull won't be released to the worldwide. If this happens, that mean our all efforts are useless! Be honest, this is the number one barrier till now crossing inf front of us
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

Dar Monica & all,

I would love to see some new Vee and Cats from TFL - in fact I love the powerboats from Outerlimits.

Since you already carry the SV40 it would be great to have that in more colour options such as this:
    57934.jpg

Additionally some catamarans would be cool, something like the following:
    48CAT-1.jpg391138_0_291220091100_0.jpgbobs%20outerlimits%20and%20lambo%20041.jpgc67b92e140463837004d21252414798d.jpg

You can get some ideas in the outer limits powerboats website, the 48 Cat and maybe a SV 43 would be great to see - plus different colour options.

In general I would love to see the boats with one-piece flex cable in 4.75mm instead of 4mm.

Cheers,

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Smith View Post
    But one point is very important to consider, courier cost!As people known well, for courier service charge, its rate shuld be calculated by the bigger bewtwee gross weight and volumetric weight! And hulls always be charged by volumetric weight.
    This is one reason I'm more interested in a 850-mm widened Genesis than a 1000-mm one. (Also, any boat of mine must fit in a MX-5's trunk.)

Also, I think the point Keith Bradley made is a good one. Simply widening the Genesis won't make it good for oval racing. I'd like to see the sponsors redesigned to optimize turning performance.

I'm also not wedded to the width numbers I posted in my drawing. I was just trying to illustrate what the wider Genesis variants would look like. Whatever width and sponson design produce the best overall performance in oval racing is what I'd like to see.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Quote Originally Posted by derdirk View Post
    In general I would love to see the boats with one-piece flex cable in 4.75mm instead of 4mm.
    Agreed.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

I would love to see TFL be a Spec motor provider. I made 3rd place in Q-mono and Q-offshore at the MI Nats with a 5684-1200KV SSS motor. it would be awesome if they could do a spec motor with 6 polestoo.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Monica is very sharp.

The motor thing (rules schmools) is something I'm making my personal mission. TFL is my best chance of getting something both to market and NAMBA legal without wrecking our fragile spec classes.

Sooo.......what I want to see is for all of their 4s sized assembled offerings to include a motor that's close in performance to our current spec. All withe same motor.

We'll be working on it.

Oh, and there is a TFL dealer her in the states. The trouble is that he can't stock everything they make. You have to guess what will move.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by skeeler View Post
    Here's an illustration of my last post/proposal:

take that out to 300 would be perfect..or even 310..can rap a little more air..and also as a single drive,,not twin.and with offset rudder

Quote Originally Posted by rayzerdesigns View Post
    take that out to 300 would be perfect..or even 310..can rap a little more air..and also as a single drive,,not twin.and with offset rudder
    I'd race that. I'll have to check that against some of the boats on my shelf.

Ray, how does that width compare to the cat we were talking about a month or so ago?
    Noisy person

I think TFL already has a motor in their RTR boats that might comply with your P Limited requirements.
    The TFL 3660 2070kv motor comes as standard in the Smash Shark, Outer limits, Libero, Popeye. And probably more of their boats.
    It's a powerful little motor & I've had it swinging M445, M447, M645, 1445/3 props on some of those boats.

Maybe some of you 'Team TFL' guys could do some testing with it. See if it would work.

beating amsoil boat. 1 race at a time !!!

Wth?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Monica, has anything come of this? Are you working on any new hulls? I have a couple more Cat Ideas. Make a apparition thats a touch taller and a touch wider. Say about 15mm taller and 30-40mm wider. i see theres quite a few people that run these in different classes and these changes should make it more stable and not just suited for a straightline hull. A larger version of it would be very nice too, say 37" long (950mm) (think shocker). So any update? I really want a mini cheetah!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast