Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

Default TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

I was recently informed (through Monica) that Mr. Ke , the owner of TFL Hobbies is wanting to design several new boats for 2015 and is looking for customers to provide input as to what types of hulls they would prefer to buy.

He is open to all ideas, Mono's, Hydro's and Cat's that are either scale looking for sport running or race hulls that fall within the dimensional requirements of the NAMBA and IMPBA classes (or possibly any other racing organization in the rest of the world).

So, post away in this thread as to what you would like to see come to market for next year.

jet sprint? Jet boats need to hit the mainstream, no pun intended.

A Canard Hydro of some sort.
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK, that H&M canard is really cool (even with the grasshopper on the hatch)...

Genesis type cat in the 45" range please.

How about a flatbottom ski boat like the K or PS class in APBA? Would be a challenge to drive, and probably a lot of fun with a few boats out there.

Link to the class in APBA:

https://www.apba.org/classes/k-racing-runabout
    Steve Mitchell

Modern hydro.. 35 to 40 range. MTI style cat would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    OK, that H&M canard is really cool (even with the grasshopper on the hatch)...
    Every boat needs a pilot.
    Here's a version that will appeal to the Patriotic side of you

I'll amend that to an MTI cat with a pair of the new IO style drives they are making for the F1 boat.. Be really different.

Thank you, Dody.
    After discussed with TFL owner, he would prefer Vee boat and Catamaran.
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

A mini cheetah (26"-32") would be quite awsome and I feel certain a hot seller. Sign me up for one...lol
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Genesis type cat in the 45" range please.
    Rummy;;;they have a twin Genesis already thats about 53" long

I second that, something that looks fairly real but, handles race conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    A mini cheetah (26"-32") would be quite awsome and I feel certain a hot seller. Sign me up for one...lol
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Rummy;;;they have a twin Genesis already thats about 53" long
    its called a super daytona. fightercat has them in stock.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Default TFL Hobbies.. New Boats

That's longer than I'd like.. 45" please. Still run in 6s1p per side. Around the size of the MHZ hull or HPR 115

That's longer than I'd like.. 45" please. Still run in 6s1p per side. Around the size of the MHZ hull or HPR 115
    Wimp......

I agree, something in the 45" range. Kind of like a HPR 06.
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

Second rumdog...

The super daytona is 60". I would like to see a little larger Genesis/Daytona myself, 40" and a little wider so it gets a little more air under it and has more room for twins, not more than that tho, 45" can't run Q cat and for a 45" hull I would get a KBB45 :)

A larger genesis would be cool. Something around 42-45" with dihedral sponson design not flat ride pads. Why? The fantasm has proved itself with flat ride pads but given the speeds Shawn aka Apophis has gotten with his genesis hull I think a scaled up 45" one would be awesome. Would be nice to see a more robust looking set of drives for it.

Thank you for you guys actively comment and opinions. Just would like to reminding, we prefer you recommend with pictures or draft with size. If your recommendation has been used by TFL, then will have a suprise for the recommenders!
    When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
    Email: monicagong76@qq.com

All the TFL catamarans are quite narrow and seem to be focused on straight-line speed. I'd like to see a twin cat with Mystic or MTI styling and a length-to-beam ratio of 2.75 to 3.0. Somewhere in the 34- to 36-inch size.

Monica, here are pictures of a full-scale MTI twin cat:

Here are images of full-scale Mystics:

Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

I agree with skeeler 100%

[QUOTE=skeeler;580950]All the TFL catamarans are quite narrow and seem to be focused on straight-line speed. I'd like to see a twin cat with Mystic or MTI styling and a length-to-beam ratio of 2.75 to 3.0. Somewhere in the 34- to 36-inch size.

the hull size that needs to be built more is the shocker hull by fightercat 95cm(37") x 28.5cm . fast boat with plenty of room to do twins. if i could find one ide buy it but they are no where to be found.

i want a cart in 30 to 34 inch range but not built for straight line..say 11 to 14 inches wide

Quote Originally Posted by Vin-m View Post
    the hull size that needs to be built more is the shocker hull by fightercat 95cm(37") x 28.5cm . fast boat with plenty of room to do twins. if i could find one ide buy it but they are no where to be found.
    Agreed. It's basically a wider genesis. So shocker and mini cheetah gets my vote. Carbon and fiberglass.

It sounds like there are at least 4 of us (the last 4 to post) saying a wider, well-turning catamaran in the 30- to 37-inch range--the median is 33.5 inches--would be of interest. I'd be happy with either Mystic-like styling, like the Shocker or Genesis, or MTI-like styling, like the Cheetah.

The Cheetah is a bit wider than I'd really like, with an aspect ratio of 2.61. The shocker is at 3.33. Halfway between those is 2.97, which is in the range I mentioned before.

Monica, if you offer something like this, please ensure there's room in the sponsons for both motors and batteries for a twin-motor setup.
    Last edited by skeeler; 08-07-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.

By the way, Monica, your Genesis is certainly a beautiful boat. I've been tempted by it, but I never bought one because it is a lot wider than I want. If you offered a wider twin cat that turned well, had room for motors and batteries in the sponsons, and looked as good as the Genesis, I'd be very interested.

Looking again at photos of the Genesis, I think I'd rather see Mystic styling than MTI styling on the boat I asked for.
    '09 Miata.

Monica, you asked for drawings, so here is my best rendering of what I'd like to see:

Attachment 119049

I stretched the Genesis out to 325 mm wide. That gives an aspect ration of 2.89.

I would also be happy with something a little smaller, say 34 inches, with the same aspect ratio.
    Last edited by skeeler; 08-07-2014 at 09:54 PM.
    '09 Miata.

Whatever it is, making it conform to the Namba class lengths would not hurt. No bigger than, P-class 34", Q-class 40". That applies to Hydro, Mono and Cat.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast