Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just to clear it up........... Revolt 30

Default Just to clear it up........... Revolt 30

I would like to update everybody and clear all confusion.

The Revolt 30 IS being discontinued. Sorry this is happening but it IS TRUE.. it IS going away.
    Do I feel it was the best RTR EVER offered.. yep.. but that’s my personal feeling and others may vary.
    I cannot get into the why.. or say what might be following it to market next.

Let’s end it here and I would like to thank all of those that feel the same way about the Revolt as I do.. A great little hot rod!

If you are a Revolt buyer and driver.. THANK YOU!

Thanks for reading.
    Grimracer

Grim, I love both my Revolts. They offer a ton of performance for the price. Thanks for selling such a great boat, if only for a short time. I look forward to whatever follows.
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.

Always looking forward to new stuff. Thanks for all the stuff you do Mike.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Sorry to hear of the news, I am new to the r/c boats, but very happy with the boat.

In homage to this thread I got my revolt out today. Did some more adjustments and got it running the driest and the quickest I've seen all summer. This is what this boat has been all about. Allowing a newb like me to be able to get a reliable and competitive boat and grow with it. Thank you aquacraft and grim for this gift to the sport!

In honor of a great boat right out of the box! So sorry to see it go.

http://youtu.be/cDia8tgai4U

Thanks for designing a great boat for us Grim. They will be treasured for years to come.
    Mike
    Do It Like You Mean It .....or Don't Bother

Is that the Doors that I hear in the background???

any news on whats going to replace the revolt yet.

It's not looking good for fibreglass hulls that's for sure. It seems that all the new Aquacraft boats have been "durable, lightweight ABS construction" lately and the fibreglass boats are getting the axe.

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I come back and see the SV, Top Speed 3 and now the Revolt are all gone. Only the MC/Lucas Oil and UL-1 are left.

The ABS boats can come in at a more attractive price point, and they sure have made them quick since the days of the Mini Thunder and Mini Wildcat, and they are probably fine for people just playing around alone at the pond, but they won't hold up to racing. It's a shame really, because AQ made some of the best boats out there.

Mike, I think the Motley is a better boat. Opinions vary. haha

I hope AQ doesn't go ABS. If that is the plan, it's the first I've heard of it. I truly believe that most buyers recognize the value of glass over ABS.

I own my own vac machine and plugs. I don't even bother because the plastic can't do what I want it to.
    Noisy person

The revolt is going to be available from towerhobbies late April of 2015

Everyone keeps saying that. I know tower hobbies says its estimated in stock date is late april. But that doesn't make it true. I hope so. But I have a pretty strong suspicion that it's not going to happen.

Unless he knows something that we don't!
    I agree, usually if they re-release something, you click on the "Just announced...." and under the specific Manufacturer it will say the approx. time of release of the specific product.
    As of last night I still didn't see that.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I got a reply email from Wayne with hobbico, and he confirmed that they are being re-released.

Fella's the Revolt WILL BE re-released sometime this spring. You can take this one to the bank.

Later,
    Mike Ball

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Fella's the Revolt WILL BE re-released sometime this spring. You can take this one to the bank.

Later,
    Mike Ball
    The question is, will there be any updates in the re-release or will it remain the same as the original???

Quote Originally Posted by fwlbp View Post
    The question is, will there be any updates in the re-release or will it remain the same as the original???
    I don't have any inside information on that but I don't think this re-release is a brand new design with prototype testing and such. So actually delivery may be less sketchy than we are accustomed to.

Let's hope at least. These were really good for entry level racers. Heck even some of our experienced guys were running them.
    Noisy person

I was told in the email that there isn't any changes to the boat

I wouldn't expect this to be a ground up new boat. Just perhaps a few tweaks here and there. I would leave the hardware & hull alone, both perform great! I would just think some refinement would be nice considering this will only be available as RTR for newbies:

1. New paint schemes
    2. Transom thru-hole fittings to prevent leaks when upside down
    3. New collet/flex cable
    4. Better connectors (especially between motor & esc)
    5. Antenna-less transmitter (Not a huge deal breaker)
    6. Possibly bump motor up to the 2030kv from the UL-1

Now, from my personal experience running my Revolt 30 for one season, items 2 - 4 would've made my entry into the hobby much better. I don't think these are huge things to ask for what I believe is the best entry level FE boat ever made.

I would have replaced the battery tray and that's about it.

Just a hunch but predict that it will be a tic more expensive.
    Noisy person

I certainly hope it comes back. But I still can't make sense of why a company would discontinue a product for such a long time and then bring it back. Upgrades or not. They must have been losing money on it. If that's the case why would they bring it back.

I hope that if/when it is re-released these answers will be answered. It sure would have been nice for aquacraft to give a little more details on this. Maybe even start advertising the re release.

Quote Originally Posted by turbovr6jetta View Post
    I hope that if/when it is re-released these answers will be answered.
    It's a business. I don't think they owe us an explanation. But price point would certainly explain it. If it comes back and is a bit more money we know why.
    Noisy person

Who cares...good to have it back!

I like my DF33 for the same classes. It still has room to stretch it's legs with more prop. Revolt is a nice boat 4 sure and I'm glad to se t's coming back.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I regret selling mine and would consider getting a new one. I just wish AQ would sell an electronic-less version. Never been a fan of the AQ ESC and I'd change out the receiver to match my radio anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I like my DF33 for the same classes. It still has room to stretch it's legs with more prop. Revolt is a nice boat 4 sure and I'm glad to se t's coming back.
    I really like my revolt,,,,
    over winter I upgraded it to leo 2200 motor ,180esc,single 500 14.8volt battery,collet and shafts thinned and sharpened all runnin gear,,,,
    pushin it to its limits in straight runnin
    I seethe df 33 is a good hull,,,,
    whats a good hull to put all components on to push past 60 little more controllable
    not racing jus fast straight speeds and still good in turns
    and put revolt back originalIMG_0290.jpg

very nice and clean setup!, I was selling mine but I change my mind, Im running 120a hobbywing esc and the new 2000kv from dynamite found on the new bj29 v3, i have a blast to drive both boats on 6s, no issues whatsoever.

I spoke with Jack from Aquacraft, he stated that the Revolt 30 when it comes back is exactly the same as it is now, no changes to anything, at least from what he was told. That's fine with me, it's a great boat except for that cheap battery mount that always cracks, but that's easily fixed.

Sweet setup John, super clean! I did a "mini-Monster" setup for my Revolt too, with Leopard 4082 2200kv, Seaking 180a (on the left side to combat torque roll), reverse 4mm cooling lines to feed ESC first. On 4S she goes about 54 mph, on 5S its the low 60s. Crazy fast, but needs some behavior training in the form of some basic tuning which I have yet to do.

Revolt.jpg
    Last edited by SD Eracer; 03-05-2015 at 03:04 PM.

looks as we did basically same set up,,,,
    I did 3.5 oz carbon to keep light and blueprinted bottom to get the hull waves out of it
    and esc in middle for low gravity,,,just had to lower star trim tab a little
    on gps gotten 62 so far on 4s but gets crazy loose ,,,so more tuning needed also
    but think im pushed to its limit
    love this revolt as turns good and flies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast