Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just to clear it up........... Revolt 30

Quote Originally Posted by johnmiffco View Post
    looks as we did basically same set up,,,,
    I did 3.5 oz carbon to keep light and blueprinted bottom to get the hull waves out of it
    and esc in middle for low gravity,,,just had to lower star trim tab a little
    on gps gotten 62 so far on 4s but gets crazy loose ,,,so more tuning needed also
    but think im pushed to its limit
    love this revolt as turns good and flies
    Nice, 62mph on 4S is impressive!!!

My boat may get there if I could keep it straight and not chine walking. Are you running a 36mm or 40mm can? Also, what prop are you using. I'm using a Octura 642 at the moment, though I may try a Octura 545 since the boat runs so cold at the moment.

I kept raising the strut till hull was lifted by speed and not prop lifting hull
    that took away the chine walk and kept movin battery and esc forward for cg till rode high and level
    reshaped/ thinned and rounded the rudder and turn fins for less drag
    runnin a 545 prop,,,,thinned and then added some cup for less slippage
    I used to build/race formula tunnels so the revolt been fun to do to it as did to the big boats

Quote Originally Posted by johnmiffco View Post
    I kept raising the strut till hull was lifted by speed and not prop lifting hull
    that took away the chine walk and kept movin battery and esc forward for cg till rode high and level
    reshaped/ thinned and rounded the rudder and turn fins for less drag
    runnin a 545 prop,,,,thinned and then added some cup for less slippage
    I used to build/race formula tunnels so the revolt been fun to do to it as did to the big boats
    Great info, I'll try to tune her this weekend and see how she runs.

I was taking my revolt up to 71mph on 4s consistently and finally stopped when I could get it consistently over 75mph on 6s. My top speed was 76.9mph. Most of it is in the tuning of the strut depth and angle.
    image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

BEAUTIFUL!

That is insane speeds on 4S, wow! At our local saltwater pond, we have seen Revolts get up to 70mph on 6S, most of them are "paper kites" with no reinforcements to survive their possible 1 time only glory run, but to do that speed on 4S with a heavier reinforced boat is amazing.

Love the paint and carbon work and than transom is just plain sexy.

What prop are you running?

agree that's the ticket
    at 62 I got lots more to go,,,,,,lol
    I have my strut .325 sticking out the mount bracket
    urs is definitely more,,,,,,how much u got it up,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Kaotic View Post
    I was taking my revolt up to 71mph on 4s consistently and finally stopped when I could get it consistently over 75mph on 6s. My top speed was 76.9mph. Most of it is in the tuning of the strut depth and angle.
    image.jpg
    Did you know your strut is on backwards?

Thanks
    Mike

That should be good for a few more MPH!!!!!

Hopefully it doesn't throw off all the tuning that has been done already.

Quote Originally Posted by longballlumber View Post
    Did you know your strut is on backwards?

Thanks
    Mike
    Correct. I put it on there like that to get the prop out farther from the transom for a reason. The front side that used to be the back side is sharpened and also thinned out a little. By doing this it kept the nose from rising to high when I would get north of 70mph. Trust me it made a big difference.
    Michigan Fast Electric SAW Club
    Revolt - 76.9mph...Building a DF35- Project Mono

Correct. I put it on there like that to get the prop out farther from the transom for a reason. The front side that used to be the back side is sharpened and also thinned out a little. By doing this it kept the nose from rising to high when I would get north of 70mph. Trust me it made a big difference.
    John Finch talks about it in his Advanced R/C Boat book about how it also helps with eliminating propwalk. I think it was a lot more common before there were extended struts without skegs.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Mike G., any idea whats up with the VS1 program? I bought two of them and love em, but cant get more hulls or cowls. Looks like another discontinued. Anything new coming?

Thumbs up

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
    What motor are you running in this one?
    looks good by the way....
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12