Thread: castle creations edge 200 lite conversion

Default castle creations edge 200 lite conversion

Any and all comments are welcome do you all think the water cooling will work this way thanks, genoAttachment 118609Attachment 118610

It will be better than nothing. I normally use an extrusion that wraps around the FETs on both sides of the board and assemble with Loctite 384 thermal adhesive (with appropriate activator).

I've been running Ice Lite 200's for several years in this format with no problems, even in SAW applications.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman

Hey Brian can yu post pictures of how you did you water cooling a picture is worth a 1000 words, Thanks Jerry

Brian, are the FET'S the metal pieces on the sides that the battery leads are soldered to ? my extrusions are a piece of channel that i made from an old hv200 esc i slipped on after applying some thermal compound in them. I would like to point out that this is not my idea for a conversion i had a lot of help from JAY T "FLUID" By the way what radio do you use with these esc? do you use one of them pistix-5 do dads to change the signal on a surface radio ? thanks, geno
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor347 View Post
    It will be better than nothing. I normally use an extrusion that wraps around the FETs on both sides of the board and assemble with Loctite 384 thermal adhesive (with appropriate activator).

I've been running Ice Lite 200's for several years in this format with no problems, even in SAW applications.

The FETs are the little ceramic components. The metal strips are the bus bars, not a bad thermal path either.

I'll have to shoot some pictures of my conversions.

I drive stick radios, so running converted aircraft esc's work pretty well for me.
    Brian "Snowman" Buaas
    Team Castle Creations
    NAMBA FE Chairman