Thread: water inside Black jack 9

Default water inside Black jack 9

I'm getting some water inside my blackjack 9. I'm not sure how it is getting in. It is not enough to effect the electronics but is annoying.
    !. What is the best way to drain the water? I do not see any drain hole.
    2. Any hints to keep the water out? I'm not sure but I think it may be from a poor seal on the lid. I see no water from the stuffing tube and the water cooling looks fine. Thanks; Don

My son's does too. Your ok as long as it's no alot of water. I don't think this little thing is that water tight.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Thanks for the reply. I got a tip on a different web site. They suggested taping the hatch. I'm going to try silicone grease on the gasket 1st, if that does not work I'll either live with it or tape the hatch. Don

How is silicone grease easier than using some tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

My son inlaw works for a water company. They put it on all the "push together" type water fittings. It makes a better seal and prevents leaks.
    If it works the advantage over tape is I would not have to do it every time. Don

Take pics of what you do. Would like to see.

There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Just spread a little on the gasket. It does not effect plastic or paint so you can wipe it off. It is clear in color. Don

Silicone that doesn't bother paint you say? That's a bold statement lol... What exactly is it then?

Well; yes it would probably bother some paints. It is labeled "Silicone lubricant". It came with some plastic pluming fixtures. I have never bought any. If i run out i will get some from my Son inlaw. Don

Silicone lube did not work. i will try tape. (scotch tape each outing) Don

I put a thin layer of clear quality silicone around the bottom edge of the cowl.I smoothed it out with a wet finger tip while it was still wet.I still get a tiny bit of water in there but much better than before.

Thanks , I may try that. Don