Thread: New boater needs help.

Default New boater needs help.

Hey All,
    I got interested in boats a year or so ago but things got in the way and I couldn't get more involved. I visited on a club race day and T.C. Sr was helping me out with lots of info. I bought a Brian Buaas 8255 hull from a fella named Reed Eagle and it's just sitting in my garage all covered up and snug.
    Really want to get her finished but weak on skills. Is there anyone in the club that might be willing to help a newbie get this beauty running ??
    I live in Palm Bay and I'm willing to drive but it sure would be nice if somebody lived up this way.
    Please get in touch. I'll be back in Florida at the end of July and I'd love to start spending some time racing boats. I've been racing rc cars for more than 10 years but I haven't been able to stop thinking about boats since my visit.
    Thanks in advance and I'll see you soon. BTW, also plan on getting a Revolt shortly. Dino

Good, I see you've hooked up w DW on RR.Sorry but no help here unless TC chimes in.

We do race Revolts but they are now out of production...so good luck finding one!

If u get one...check the test and tune thread for race dates and rules.

U are welcome in Blasterland anytime ur in the hood.

See you in the hood !
    The Revolt is out of production !!? No wonder I can't find one...even on Ebay. Is the club considering another choice for the SV class ?

There is a hobby town in tyler tx that had one for sale last time i was in there u might give em a call
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by hydroluvr View Post
    See you in the hood !
    The Revolt is out of production !!? No wonder I can't find one...even on Ebay. Is the club considering another choice for the SV class ?
    The only other P Ltd production mono is the ProBoat Impulse 31...no one in the club has tried one yet ! I've heard Proboat is also having some production problems???
    We race a P Ltd Cat class so if you can't find a mono get a Lucas Oil or Blackjack and join the fun in that class!

If you folks are looking for a revolt, try Graves hobby in orlando, the carry a good selection of boats but not very boat savy if you ask me.
    they also have a good selection of props, flex shafts ect from octura.
    Check them out at there web site, hope this helps.

Hey fellas, need your advice again. Recently a fellow boater suggested I'd be better served starting with a cat hull instead of the mono. She suggested this because my end goal is to concentrate on scale vintage and modern hydros. Her opinion is that the cat is slightly closer to the characteristics of the hydros.
    So lay it on me. Should I consider starting with a cat ?
    BTW, can somebody from the club describe the cat class a little bit? I understand it's the same power as the mono. Is this oval or is a right turn thrown in ? Any other particulars I should be aware of before I buy a rig?? Battery suggestions would be great too.
    Really can't wait to get on the water. The wife and i will be visiting within the next 2 weekends. Thanks Folks !! Dino

Good call starting w a cat,in fact NAMBA conciders a cat or tunnel hull a hydroplane because they all ride on two sponsons on a cushion of air!
    Waveblasters is a NAMBA club and our racing classes mostly follow NAMBA rules and guidelines.Ofcourse you must be a NAMBA member to race with us.
    Our cat class is one of the most popular, competitive and FUN class we run!The class is officially called P Ltd Cat and run on the oval course.So far everyone is running production AQ or PB cats...makes it easy to get started...just buy a RTR!Note: MUST have NAMBA approved P Ltd motor!
    For batteries 2x2S 5000mah 65c.
    I invite you to come down to check us out before u buy a boat.We race this Sun(17) and again on 31. JS
    Last edited by R.J.S; 08-15-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks for coming to my aid again Jeff. Already planning on the Lucas Oil boat and just now shopping for batteries. I'll see you on Sunday !

Dino,FYI we start racing at 10am ish and usually finish @ 1 ish. Just so u can plan u trip.