Thread: First Bullet Run

Talking First Bullet Run

Ok guys I got it in the water today. It was a good test. I made a couple mistakes being in a rush but nothing was damaged. I am working on the videos and pictures now. The first run (10cells) the boat was running extreamly wet and the water was ruff as heck.... I still got 29.9 with no ajustments. Thats spinning a 42mm cf prop. Keep an eye out for updates and more info I work on the stuff & trying to make dinner @ the same time:D. Oh I alomst forgot. It handles like it's on RAILS. This thing will carv @ WOT no prob. The second run was on a set of 6 cell OSE IB4200s. I was advised against this by a couple very wise men. I still had to give it a shot. The video shows it all. Way to much chop and maybe to much power. I think with the right conditions and the tapb level I may be able to pull this off for a couple short rocket runs. The temps after the first 10 cell run where 104 on the motor & 116 on the esc.. The batteries didnt do so good. the avarage across the packs where 145 but there where hot spots of over 155 . I think it is due to how extreamly wet it ran on the first run. I didnt get temps on the second run. I was to busy bailing it out.... The BEC & ESC will need a couple days to dry befor I power them up again.

10Cells Running wet. 4 minutes total.

12 Cells very loose WOT only in short bursts.

Rescue

Workin on the rescue vid now
    Last edited by SJFE; 05-17-2007 at 06:52 PM.

Thumbs up

Good job!!!:D Now loosen that baby up!!
    What were your temps like? How long did you run?
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

videos up :D
    Last edited by SJFE; 05-17-2007 at 06:16 PM.

I like the second run , it seems to want to do it's own SV-27 imitation :D :D
    Nice camera work as usual:) What are the max cells you plan on running eventually ??

Thumbs up Sweet

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    videos up :D
    Nice vids!!
    When you get her dialed in on 10 cells you'll be home.:D
    Using part throttle, or full for that matter on 12 you are going to loose some cash.But it's fun huh?
    Tell the truth, how bad were you shaking??? LOL:)

Doug
    Last edited by Doug Smock; 05-17-2007 at 08:13 PM.
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

It was the most speed I have had @ my disposal so far on water. I was suprised and a little shaky. It reminded me of the first time I broke 70 with my RC500. Just like in full scale...Every thing seem way faster on water. Give me some glass and some ajustments and I'll be right @ home in no time. Cant wait to get to work on the next project. Rio is going to be just SICK...:D

Doug
    It was the most speed I have had @ my disposal so far on water. I was suprised and a little shaky. It reminded me of the first time I broke 70 with my RC500. Just like in full scale...Every thing seem way faster on water. Give me some glass and some ajustments and I'll be right @ home in no time. Cant wait to get to work on the next project. Rio is going to be just SICK...:D
    Doby
    I am going to go up to 9 turns and run 12, 14 cells & s2 4000 lipo 7.4 x2. I had planned on installing the 7xl in the h20 cat. That arived today and I think its WAY to small for a 7xl. I am going with the SV system in it.

You know the real hero of this story is Rescue Boat. I think my favorite lesson and quote from this story has to be "Yay, Rescue Boat saved the day AGAIN!". Oh the laments of an under appreciated yet sturdy and consistent part of the SJFE fleet.

I think you should make some tick marks similar to those of the flying aces whenever they shot down a plane. Hey, while your at it how about some pin up graphics!

It's nice to see the boat in the water. I look forward to watching it perform when it's all dialed in.
    “A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat” -Stephen Wright

Thanks guys. That is a great idea. I will start marking the rescues:).

That will be a nice ride and easy on equipment with a 9xl on 4s! Having all that power is only good if you can safely put it on the water.

Just a little shaky huh? LOL
    Congrats on a nice build sir!!

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Nice boat, that thing looks fun! To bad I live in colorado, I would say lets race!!!

Thanks!! You may wana let me get it setled down first:D. lol

Has Darin Jordan seen the vids yet?

Very nice boat Tom!:D
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Has Darin Jordan seen the vids yet?

Very nice boat Tom!:D
    I saw 'em... I'm icing my foot and my butt right now... It's tough to kick yourself in the butt... but I'm managing...

Just kidding... :D I knew it would perform well... Now I just want to see a real setup in there... like a Neu 15-series with 2S Lipo pack and a B125 ESC! I have NO DOUBT that high 40's would be easily achieved with that setup... based on my experience with my 26" DH Mono and the same setup...

Of course... it would be a race setup only...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

You know you allways have the option to buy it back @ cost:D. I would love to try one of them race setups some day. I am shooting for a 40mph sportboat here. I think it's not going to be a problem after this first test. Thanks for the great work on the drive line, hull and motor mount Darin:).

Thanks for the great work on the drive line, hull and motor mount Darin:)
    No problem... I don't like selling junk... so I did that one as if I'd be running it myself... (which I would have been.... boot... boot... boot )

I have no doubt you'll get that fast either... Likely keeping on the water a little better due to the extra weight of the additional cells as well...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

All I have left to do is dial that strut & tab situation in. Oh yeah and keep the damn water out....lol. I am going to put my new sander to work tomorrow night and see if I can get it a little more snug. Rain for the next 3 days...I have spare time.

I would love to try one of them race setups some day. I am shooting for a 40mph sportboat here.
    If you don't reach the low to mid 40s with a 9XL on 4s with that boat, ya need to send it to me and I'll fix it for ya! LOL :D :D No Charge!!!LOL
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

I was going to run tonight but I forgot to address the hatch fit issue. I will be hitting the store tonight and picking up some pads for the new sander. Seems there is a lip around the inside edge of the hull. I am going to attempt to level it off. I am also going to try and address an uneven trim tab I seem to have missed during setup. I am in for trouble if they do not contact the water equaly @ the same straight edge ajustment. I have rewired the esc and cleaned up the bec wiring layout also. It has all dryed out and tested fine. I look to be on the water Wednesday. Look for some pics tonight.

I got the hatch issue fixed. It took quite a bit of sanding but it fits way better. You will also notice better spacing between the esc and motor and the wires are layed out better. I tub tested it and got alot of leakage from the stuffing tube. Turns out the cable was almost dry. I greased it up good. The problem should be solved.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You may wana let me get it setled down first. lol

The boat runs like its on rails man! Hey, go to a FE race ASAP!!

Thank you Sir!! I havent even been able to make it to the lake since I shot them vids...lol. I am hoping to run this weekend. I just allways have so much planned latley. I am off how ever monday:D.

Man, you are going to have so much fun at a race, I usually start out with a conservative, stalking game plan, after about the 3rd lap, I crack up and its WOT!!

Wink

:D Uh doozie, I race with you and I dont recall you hanging back what so ever!!:D IF you are hanging back i dont think you realize that your in first place and we are trying to catch you!!!!!! :rolleyes: