Thread: pennsylvania. lake nockamixon

Default pennsylvania. lake nockamixon

looking to start a club in this area. or just getting people together to race boats, electric ,gas or nitro. usually go to the three mile run area. anyone interested please contact me. i dont think there are any clubs in this area. the closest one is in bristol.

thanks dennis

Dennis - where in PA are you?
    Steve Mitchell

i am in telford.

dennis

Guys, this is how clubs get started. We did the same kind of thing back around 2001. We're still going.

Don't be afraid to post the same request on other forums too. Next thing ya know there will be enough of you to do some racing.

Helps to pick at least one class of boats that you will always run. Then sprinkle in classes guys are interested in along the way.
    Noisy person

I am out near Valley Forge, not that far away! I run near Bridgeport, and am going to try to get back to Sanatoga since switching to FE. Been running mostly by myself for the last couple years; everyone else quit after switching to gas from nitro.
    Steve Mitchell

there are a few good lakes around here, lake nockamixson and lake galena. lake galena is electric only. i am also trying to get permission to use a private quarry pit. thi is my first year running boats. i have an ml boatworks px335 tunnel, im building a gp 265 right now. i have a miss vegas duece. i am also going to build a circus circus in the fall. thanks for replying steve! thanks for the tips t.s.

dennis

Maybe we could try to get together and run some boats sometime. I switched to all FE this year, Everything I have is listed in my signature, sticking with mostly P spec, and will eventually finish my GP400, and then try to do something with a heavy Dumas Circus Circus. I think it will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by dennislawler11 View Post
    there are a few good lakes around here, lake nockamixson and lake galena. lake galena is electric only. i am also trying to get permission to use a private quarry pit. thi is my first year running boats. i have an ml boatworks px335 tunnel, im building a gp 265 right now. i have a miss vegas duece. i am also going to build a circus circus in the fall. thanks for replying steve! thanks for the tips t.s.

dennis
    Steve Mitchell

Thanks for the input Terry. It would be cool to run with other people again. Not sure where the club in Bristol is, heard there was a race there soon, but have no info on it. I'd at least like to go watch, maybe learn a bit, meet some people.

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Guys, this is how clubs get started. We did the same kind of thing back around 2001. We're still going.

Don't be afraid to post the same request on other forums too. Next thing ya know there will be enough of you to do some racing.

Helps to pick at least one class of boats that you will always run. Then sprinkle in classes guys are interested in along the way.
    Steve Mitchell

that sounds great, i usually run on sundays. i think we are about 30 minutes away. let me know. i mostly run my px335 tunnel, thinking about selling my miss vegas deuce nitro to fund my 1/8 hydro build. bristol i think is in august, i would also like to go! ml boatworks has a great thread on the circus circus on ose. take alook at mikes build and how to lighten it up. i have the same kit.

I'll take a look at Mike's Thread. I bought my 1/8 here on OSE. It was already built. I'm not sure quite how I am going to handle it, it needs the conversion completed. I also run on Sundays when I get to go. I will be in touch!
    Steve Mitchell

hey steve heading out to the lake tommorow afternoon. you are welcome to go if you want. pm me if you are free and i will give you my phone number.

dennis

Actually planning on running locally tomorrow in the morning. Hoping to fit in at least. Between kids and storms forecast in the afternoon, I'm hoping even that works out. I will definitely PM you, it may not be this time it will be another!
    Steve Mitchell

hope the weather holds out for you! i will try to post some pictures tommorow.

dennis

LOL so I get there and the wind is blowing straight down the river - and its constant - no let up. Looked a little like miniature ocean chop.... Didnt run anything.... &(!@$^*%$
    Steve Mitchell

are you guys near the poconos or ?

no we are both from right outside phila. i am about 20 minutes north. if you ever want to come up let me know.

dennis

hey steve burned up my esc in my px 335 tunnel a couple weeks ago. it hit 250 degrees. got 71 mph out of it! i need to prop down a littlle bit.was in north carolina last week. i should be ready to run by tuesday let me know what your up to.

dennis

yea id like that I got a new boat and like to run with some others !!! im 08002

I would be game. I grew up outside do Allentown now I live about 16 miles north by Slatington. Know the lake well and would be into hanging out or being part of a club.

that sounds great! im still trying to get people together. what boats are you running?

dennis

It's not the greatest. It's a modified hornet with a couple of upgrades. Looking for a new hull. I'm new and I'm learning. Goal is to convert a 60 inch F1 with a lawless leg to electric. But I might be switching plans to a bare hull like new areomarine 36 inch sprint cat. I think it will be easier. And a better next step to a big f1 conversion. I am a gas person. For 20 years. So I have setup experience. I just want to learn the electric part. And I am. I'm still looking now for a nice smaller hull to replace the hornet which was a experiment and it shows. So I would like to join to learn and eventually maybe be competitive. Lmk what's up. I lived in Philly so I know it well and the burbs. Have a house that has been in my family for 3 generations so I know s jersey well. Lived in Allentown and north so I know it well so driving isn't a issue.. It's like driving to the market around the corner. I've done it thousands of times. No Nox lake is nice. Fish there. Sailed a couple times. It's a once lake. Also a nice one by lehighton Beltzville and a nice one in reading blue marsh. That's where I go usually by myself. I have a real boats and canoes. My one boat is a 16ft 30hp aluminum fishing boat. If we need a retrieval vessel. Got a grill on it and all the amenities. Towing it is a peice of cake. So let's all get together and talk boats so I can learn more. Hope it works out.

And Dennis my job is mine and it's centered around my fun times with my kids. So if I can help in anyway email me at zwm3@ptd.net. And btw my real name is Zen.

I see some of you are from the Philly area, we have a RC club called Crawling Tough in the Pottstown area, you can find us on facebook under Crawling tough news. We do everything rc, and some of us just got into electric boats.....fn hook now and we keep sucking them in, from fast runners to putting tugs and fire boats. If you ever want to hook up just check the page out we post when we go out. We are all rookies to boats but this forum is awesome for info and research, hat's off to Off Shore Electrics. Hope to meet some folks from this forum, we are laid back club for fun, but have our competition guys that race all types of rc.

Did this club ever get off the ground?

On Facebook check out Rc Boater of Pa., we meet about twice a month in the south east pa. area. We are looking to start a racing series at the Mushroom bowl hobby shop.

have not been on here for a while. still looking to start a club. going to sell my airplanes and start building scale hydros.

dennis

I am in berks county. anyone near by?