Thread: M445 Prop

Cool M445 Prop

Need a little help with set up. Spartan is upgraded with Seaking 180 amp esc, leopard 4082, 3/16 drive and upgraded strut, trim tabs, dual pick rudder pick up, (2) 3s 40c 5000mah batterys, tactic receiver and transmitter and a pranther 220 prop. Boat runs great. Installed new m445 prop moved batterys all the way forward and adjusted trim tabs down a bit more. Cant keep the boat wide open, insane to the point it will flip over eventually as well a lot of torque roll. Wandering if negative adjustment on strut will help or I heard about moving entire strut up on transom,Thanks

Just play with the strut. Careful, if you angle up or down too much it will cause premature death to the flex... I ran mine up, and dropped my right tabs. Put the batteries in the middle, it is the best balance for this hull.... I kind of miss mine, but I have a new toy coming in a couple of weeks!
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Default Strut

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Just play with the strut. Careful, if you angle up or down too much it will cause premature death to the flex... I ran mine up, and dropped my right tabs. Put the batteries in the middle, it is the best balance for this hull.... I kind of miss mine, but I have a new toy coming in a couple of weeks!
    Spartanator, question want to purchase stinger drive from Offshore ,is their a drive tube and cable from Offshore that will work. I have a upgraded 3/16 cable/ strut from kentic will it be long enough for the stinger,Thanks Darren

Default M445 Prop

I am sure that a Flex cable can be made to fit (you or someone will have to make it...)
    Once you get a flex cable that can fit it the stinger you will be happy. You have to do some other stuff such as, reinforce the stinger mount with a some aluminum (or your choice of metal).

I want to be quite honest, the OSE .187 Flex and strut are awesome. The OSE kit is a lot easier than getting a stinger in there, then you have to play with flex length. On the flip side a stinger looks way cooler and doesn't move if used right! There is at least 2 threads that deal with the stinger install. You may have to go back 20+ pages...

If you want to stay in the water, get two 5cell lipos. MAKE SURE YOU WIRE THEM IN PARALLEL, unless you want to catch the boat on fire...

My setup before I sold:
    2 5cell lipos
    Quad tabs (and adjusters)
    Sticker ESC and motor
    Castle 6.5mmPolarized (green)
    10G wire on ESC
    OSE tow hook
    OSE HD flex kit
    P220 S/B by OSE
    Kintec 5" Rudder
    Telemetry (watch voltage/temp!)
    Castle Cap pack

It was a reliable boat that could handle whitecap conditions. After a while you will figure out days on which to run or not due to wind. If I wanted 6s, it was waking up before the crack of dawn or 1PM.
    Last edited by Spartanator; 09-19-2014 at 02:45 PM.

If you are wondering you will have to drill at least 2 extra holes in the transom to accommodate the stinger.
    37" Fightercat Shocker powered by Neu 1530 on 10S

Quote Originally Posted by PowerDemon View Post
    If you are wondering you will have to drill at least 2 extra holes in the transom to accommodate the stinger.
    Same goes for the quad tabs...