Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my ultimate seaking 180 cooling block

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Travis,
    I don't think it's necessary to change the carbon plate to aluminum, but it would certainly increase heat transfer, albeit to a relatively small degree.
    It's not an effect of dissipation via air though...I think you might be missing the point and perhaps Martin is too.

I'm not going to go further into an unsolicited explanation since you started a thread to show off what you made, not a thread to learn more about heat transfer.

Nice work on the part. It's always more impressive to see something made by hand than it is if it were just purchased from a hobby store, not to mention much more rewarding.
    Thanks keith and I agree, the difference would not likely be worth it. Especially since the carbon top plate looks so cool! Lol.... I do like to make my own parts and I think soon I'm going to buy a couple of cnc controlled machines to help things along even more. I'd be able to make my own cf parts too which is a plus for sure. All the stuff I do is completely manual so I'm you you have an appreciation for that. You do some of your custom parts on a manual machine too, right? I've seen you make some very nice pieces!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I finished it off. Picked up the fittings and stainless screw. She looks nice! Pics do no justice!

32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

It really looks great! I wish I have your ability and do the same. May be I will get a motion going and have Hobby Wing issue a recall on their heat sink design.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    It really looks great! I wish I have your ability and do the same. May be I will get a motion going and have Hobby Wing issue a recall on their heat sink design.
    Lol. I think the factory heat sink is lacking. Funny how good they hold up tho. Imagine one with a good heat sink. If you think about it, most esc's have a puny, inadequate (well in my opinion) cooling design. I think things could be done a little better, especially on the new seaking judging by the pics.

Installed pics. I ended up sinking the screw some because of the thickness. Then I introduced another possible problem...where the screws are, are now pockets to hold water. So each one got a .060 drain hole. Lmao.

Looks great!
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12