Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** New SeaKing 180 V3 Testing... Could use set up advice

Actually a Lesbian connector is required... Yeah, I said it.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Yes the bulge is a bank of caps (2). You can tell by the insulation that is removed from the main wires, I see a divett under the shrink wrap where they did the soldering. I still need better glasses...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    What is the bulge in the power lines? Cap pack or spark eliminator?
    Now that I can see the cap side, my hope for adding an extra pair of water nipples is dashed. I had hoped to add another pair on either end of the extra heat sink openings and then loop one more round of silicone tube to increase water flow.
    May I ask what does the three pins do? It´s obvious but my brain is shutting down...
    Might just be one big cap...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Now you are talking! I don´t care about their orientation so long as there are females involved, understood....

Yes the bulge is a bank of caps (2). You can tell by the insulation that is removed from the main wires, I see a divett under the shrink wrap where they did the soldering. I still need better glasses...
    Might just be one big cap...
    Again, thank you for the enlightenment!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Now that's a good one! lol

yes it has a total of 4 caps (I think)... Also came with an extra wire to setup for series! I wonder if this works with the program card, at least after you get the funky connector... Now for an ESC with 1,080 Burst it is surprising that there are 4 caps and one water flow... A Castle Cap pack will be on mine along with a BEC. I have a program card but still need the funky cable. I am getting ready to out on the real boat to go look at Kemah Fireworks in a few hours... What a pain to get out there with a bunch of wackos! If it was somewhat daylight I could bring some toy boats! lol

Back to the ESC, here are come wires from a US seller: EBAY

As soon as I get some $ I will send my stuff to kfxgfuy so I can get my Rivercat in the water! Very excited!!!! Somehow I decided to have an entire boat built around a ESC... lol
    Why are you bothering me? I want to see your boat!
    32" CF Rivercat--- built by "kfxguy" (SOLD)

The great thing about the SeaKing 180 V3 is that you program it with the programming pins on the outside of it. This is great for those of us who use balloons or other waterproofing methods for our receivers that are a pain to put on and take off, this programming options allows for you to never have to mess with the receiver once placed and settled in the boat. It works well too, I bought a 6 inch long male to male plug , plugged one side in the program box and the other side to the ESC and Wallaaaaaa, easy as 1 , 2, 3. I know this esc has a great reputation to live up to and is young in it's existence but I must say fellas, for the money, what I see is exciting and it seems to perform just as well if not better then the last one. It's smaller more compact too so it doesn't take up as much space in your boat. They seemed to put a lot of thought into this new version and I appreciate that! Only time will tell if it can stand up to the punishment and rigger of the boating world but it definitely is earning it's respect. Here's a picture of how it looks when programming.
    20140717_200029[1].jpg

thank you sir!
    On second thought, how can a male to male pin mate??? Am I missing something? Yes, I know what I am missing, but just electrically speaking... uh, you know what I mean...
    Whoops. The plugs are actually female to female. Better.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Whoops. The plugs are actually female to female. Better.
    Much better.

Well I emailed on the hopes of a stronger ESC....
    EDIT:
    Ok, folks! I have passed this thread (along with another) to the North American Hobbywing team. If you would like to get an ESC this is where I get mine, my guy on that team does seem to like the idea of 240amp-ish ESC.

http://www.falconsekido.com/collecti...3-esc-for-boat
    Last edited by Spartanator; 07-20-2014 at 08:35 AM.

One question, will it be possible to remove the heatsink and replace it with a better (custom?) one? Or is it all sealed together? I take it that the old 180 program card works fine on these.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanator View Post
    Well I emailed on the hopes of a stronger ESC....
    EDIT:
    Ok, folks! I have passed this thread (along with another) to the North American Hobbywing team. If you would like to get an ESC this is where I get mine, my guy on that team does seem to like the idea of 240amp-ish ESC.

http://www.falconsekido.com/collecti...3-esc-for-boat
    That would be great if they did. If they made a 240 as good as the 180, they would dominate sales in the marine esc market. Add a data logging version....omg
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    One question, will it be possible to remove the heatsink and replace it with a better (custom?) one? Or is it all sealed together? I take it that the old 180 program card works fine on these.
    The guy in the post above you is sending me his esc and I'll look at it a see if a custom higher capacity cooling block can be made. From what he tell me by looking at it, it seems possible. I just finished a very nice one for one of my v2 seaking 180's

Here's the link to the thread if you wanna check it out more. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ng-block/page2

New SeaKing 180V3 Testing Video Coming in the next couple days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by msundsd5 View Post
    New SeaKing 180V3 Testing Video Coming in the next couple days!!!
    And I am steadily waiting for it! Thanks you for taking the time to film/post them. Hopefully we can do what we talked about with it!

now is this version really waterproof? Or is it version 2 waterproof, which isnt waterproof really??
    Will this esc work completely submerged?

Not sure yet. Haven't had a chance to dunk mine! lol. About another 2 weeks and I may get to use mine. It will be in kfxguy's hands for a little bit.

Well, Drag racing mine was submerged when another racer got out of his line a little and crashed into the boat in the video used for testing, took on water. Threw it in another boat less than a day later... Performed Flawlessly!!! Here's the new video link..... I changed the link at the top of the thread to reflect this one as well as the old video has been deleted!

http://youtu.be/P8S0xHbjJX8 ( NEW CLEANER VIDEO THAN THE FIRST )

Kinntecracing has them but OSE is out, must be doing well in sells!
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

I have a V2 that needs to be replaced. Will it work with the V2 I have on my bout currently?
    twissted from speed. Lead, fallow or get out of the way. Copy cats in back of the buss!!!

thank you sir!
    On second thought, how can a male to male pin mate??? Am I missing something? Yes, I know what I am missing, but just electrically speaking... uh, you know what I mean...
    That "bulge" you commented on are additional inline capacitors. I have one of these, can't wait to try it out. I kinda Love/hate this new concept they have of a separate male connector on the esc itself to do your programing. The thing I love of course is it is separate than the connector to your receiver, the thing I do not like is you need s female/female plug to use the programmer now with the esc. Not a big deal, but just "different". I had to butcher some old wires to make a female to female adapter in the shop last week to program it.

Bring on the 240v version. It is much needed in the current expensive or issue-filled market. I'll buy 10!
    PERTH AUSTRALIA
    || 2 x SV 27R || Impulse 31 - ver1 || Traxxas Spartan || Kintec Pursuit || Zonda Cat 41" || Insane FE30 || OuterLimits 870mm || TFL Ariane 36" || ProBoat Zelos 48 ||

unless these esc's have been upgraded and tested over the last 3 years, you might as well throw your hard-earned cash out your car window.

A different option and not a copy or rebranded.

http://www.graupner.de/en/products/f...3/product.aspx

LV 250A

FYI for those of you that have "dead" ECSs laying around just cut off the receiver lead from 2 of them and solder the wires together and use that for your programing box lead. Ran one of these in my P-Limited Pursuit that had a v2 in it before and saw no difference between the two. Configuration as far as cooling is concerned and the size is smaller on v3.Looking forward to seeing if there is any difference in performance in race conditions.

I would like to see them incorporate data logging on these, just saying...
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Nope.
    They don't have plans to make a bigger esc neither data log.
    But who knows what the future wil bring......

So that will run 2 motors for about $225.00 USD. I wonder how they hold up to big power that 79c-140c lipos will dump?

Lipos aren't dumping power. The loaded motor is drawing power from them.

he doesn't understand that yet rum. not sure he ever will....
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

OHMS law? Or the fact that the motor draws power from the battery using a speed control? Please help me here! Your so smart. If the motor draws motor than what the esc can handle then it won't let the lipos dump what the demands of the motor are capable of kind of like eating soft ice cream through a straw.

So, you agree that your previous question made no sense, right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast