Thread: 1500 kv vs 1800kv

Default 1500 kv vs 1800kv

Hey is there really much of a difference in performance between the 1500 kv 1800kv

Depending on how you will use them. Put them in a Proboat Impulse ( for instance) with 4s, the 1800 is faster. Run the 1500 with 6s and it will go faster than the 1800 which is not really a 6s motor, assuming that very similar if not the same prop is used on either set ups.
    Both are excellent motors and by the way they are discontinued in their ¨second iteration¨as Dynamite motors.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Depending on how you will use them. Put them in a Proboat Impulse ( for instance) with 4s, the 1800 is faster. Run the 1500 with 6s and it will go faster than the 1800 which is not really a 6s motor, assuming that very similar if not the same prop is used on either set ups.
    Both are excellent motors and by the way they are discontinued in their ¨second iteration¨as Dynamite motors.
    Okay thanks for the info!!!! Why are they being discontinued and what are they going to offer??? I have the bj 29. My motor is shot. Bearing or something. Its very hard to turn. . And im really not to sure what kind of motor to replace the stock one with

The 1500 has more torque also

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by squirrly View Post
    Okay thanks for the info!!!! Why are they being discontinued and what are they going to offer??? I have the bj 29. My motor is shot. Bearing or something. Its very hard to turn. . And im really not to sure what kind of motor to replace the stock one with
    I can fix the motor for you. ..
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

I personally like the 1500kv motor even on 4S using a larger prop on the proboat cats. For racing the extra torque helps get off the turns with faster acceleration, and also more pop for sports boating. Technically it is a bit slower in a straight line but the difference is not enough to be a real factor in racing given the race water conditions, driving lines, etc-- more torque and getting out of the turns with quicker acceleration can be an advantage.

Chief

Chief, what bigger prop do you run with the 1500 motor?
    Revolt 30, River Jet, Southampton Tug, Outcast 6S BLX, 8ight-E, Ten-SCBE, 22 2.0.
    '09 Miata.
    Ibanez basses and guitars. Mapex drums, Zildjian cymbals.