Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 80+ mph 32" rivercat

Out of curiousity did you do the barr cut the prather prop. Also does the prather prop have more rake angle or the octura cant really tell from the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissharp View Post
    Out of curiousity did you do the barr cut the prather prop. Also does the prather prop have more rake angle or the octura cant really tell from the pics?
    I think your asking if i did the back cut to it. yes i did. Honestly the look preety much the same (they have the same pitch supposedly) except the hub is 10mm on the prather and 8mm on the octura. my back cut is probably too small and i didnt bend the blades on any of them. i dont even know where to begin with bending blades.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Cupping blades is really touchy I made a little jigg with different size balls from some scrap bearings and I have a mini ballpeen hammer with the faces polished and you lightly tap the back side of the blade as it's laying on the ball. It takes a while to get the feel/ hang of it to know how hard and where to hit the blade. Once you get it figured out you can whip a prop out pretty quick.

I just ordered a X648 from dasboata and ordered a matching cell for my better batteries. Hopefully pick up a few mph. I want to try a neu 1521 1870kv motor still. I'm looking for one if anyone has one.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

so I take it the etti 150 is working well?

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    so I take it the etti 150 is working well?
    I havent tried it. Im using the t180 with my billet cooling block. I got the etti so i could run on 7s, but since i was told a trick how to run the t180 on 7s, it works fine.

Travis, a 1521 is alot of motor for that hull. If you dont have prop torque probs, its going to be a boat wheelie monster. Im fighting torque roll in my 37" cat (genesis) I can pull full 360 torque rolls if I try and thats with just a 642 prop 1515 2200kv 6s, fun to watch though. ..... DJ

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Travis, a 1521 is alot of motor for that hull. If you dont have prop torque probs, its going to be a boat wheelie monster. Im fighting torque roll in my 37" cat (genesis) I can pull full 360 torque rolls if I try and thats with just a 642 prop 1515 2200kv 6s, fun to watch though. ..... DJ
    It had a 1520 in it before. Its barely bigger than my 1518, just puts out 500w more (like .7hp). If i nail it all at once, it jumps about a foot into the air. I mean it completely leaves the water, If i ever have to jump a log or something...no problem lol. Torque roll is a non issue. I suspect my boat is heavier than yours too. Mine is reinforced everywhere, tips filled with epoxy. transom is more than a 1/2" thick. The sponson floors have been flooded with epoxy until they are flat. its probably over a pound extra from just reinforcing it. Try to add some stick on wheel weights in the bottom of the sponsons on yours. If it helps, then remove them and add epoxy to the floor for weight and strength. Just an idea, you may know more about it than me tho....you've helped me more than ive helped you lol.

Update: new best!

Only changes I made was better batteries on 7s. I bought an x648 and it went slower. Maybe motor don't have enough tq to turn it. I dunno. I made a few passes and even went farther and all I could get was 80.5mph. Put the m645 back on and went.......

Any chance you have a 646? I find a difference in that change on my DF

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    Any chance you have a 646? I find a difference in that change on my DF
    I don't but I'm gonna order a few more props. Maybe I need to raise the strut? Maybe not enough power?

Travis, did you find a 1521 1870kv yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    I don't but I'm gonna order a few more props. Maybe I need to raise the strut? Maybe not enough power?
    You never know what very fine line of prop depth works Trav. That 1.5mm up May be the ticket for the 48.

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    Travis, did you find a 1521 1870kv yet?
    No....I still want one tho.....

Quote Originally Posted by srislash View Post
    You never know what very fine line of prop depth works Trav. That 1.5mm up May be the ticket for the 48.
    I think it must be the strut. I'm moving it and trying again tomorrow. Batts on charge right now. I'll report back in the morning. Stay tuned....I better break 85mph!

I tried moving the strut numerous times. Up. Down. Angled. Ran the boat loose. I move it very little at a time. Still slower with the x648. After all the passes I did (lost track but quite a few) i put the m645 back on, put the strut back and it still went faster than the x648 (81.9) fastest pass. I dunno. Either the boat just don't like it or I don't have enough motor. I'm pretty bummed.

Tell us a bit more about your fastest props. Are they just balanced and sharpened or have you had other work done to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    Tell us a bit more about your fastest props. Are they just balanced and sharpened or have you had other work done to them.
    The m645 I'm using have been worked over about three times. It started life as a much thicker casting than all my other props. Every time I'd go run it, it was the slowest prop I had. I was also the worst propwalk and handling prop. Then a couple weeks ago I went bought a Dremel sanding kit and went to work on thinning it. I added no cup, really didn't cup the back side. I did thin it pretty thin but where it's not too weak. I'm feeling the x648 right now compared to the m645 and it's
    Thicker. I'm really tempted to thin this x648 some more. My Temps are higher with it too. Here's some comparison. ...

Two more....

I'll be able to try out a slightly more powerful motor next weekend. Flraptor07 is sending me his neu 1521 to try out. I can't wait! If it picks up a couple mph I'll be buying one.

Side note. My motor Temps reached a max of 122 today. It was really hot out today and I kept running it and running it. Good bit of slow speed too. So far she's holding good on 7s. Esc got to 108 lol. It just does not get hot. Maybe my cooling block is doing a better job than I thought it would. I'm liking this seaking 180 alot. And to think I sold one for like 40 bucks when I first got into this.....thinking it was junk. Lmao!

Travis, just in my experience with CAT 'SAW' setups, I have had higher speeds using the M series Octura and Prather SS props. Sean has been doing some real impressive speeds with his cats using Prather SS props. I am going to try those props KB suggested too. I think a 646 that was previously suggested, once you work your prop magic on it, is gonna be the ticket. Look fwd to seeing more of your results bro....DJ

PS: I might get ya to build me a T180 with cooling block for my new 8S setup
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Quote Originally Posted by olwarbirds View Post
    Travis, just in my experience with CAT 'SAW' setups, I have had higher speeds using the M series Octura and Prather SS props. Sean has been doing some real impressive speeds with his cats using Prather SS props. I am going to try those props KB suggested too. I think a 646 that was previously suggested, once you work your prop magic on it, is gonna be the ticket. Look fwd to seeing more of your results bro....DJ

PS: I might get ya to build me a T180 with cooling block for my new 8S setup
    Soon as I go in for the night (working on my boat improving cooling system and working on the other rivercat) I'm gonna order three more props that come to mind.....Prather 235, 646, and a abc 1816 cleaver.

I gotta build a cooling block for someone already do I'll just do two when I do it. Maybe sometime this week. I'm ordering the digital readout for my milling machine later on this evening. Make things go alot faster and more accurate. I tell you, I think this block works much better than stock. I can't get this thing over 110 degrees....even in the heat.

I'm with Dale on the prop tweaking. I think you can get some more speed out of them with some tweaking to concentrate the thrust cone. There is more you can do than just cupping the tips. This is why a good prop man is so important until you learn enough to start experimenting yourself.

Be careful with the new motor. I know the 180 has been good to you but start off small on your props. Any of the props listed above can work well buy you'll have to push the strut up a bit more with the ABC prop.

Keep plugging and good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I'm with Dale on the prop tweaking. I think you can get some more speed out of them with some tweaking to concentrate the thrust cone. There is more you can do than just cupping the tips. This is why a good prop man is so important until you learn enough to start experimenting yourself.

Be careful with the new motor. I know the 180 has been good to you but start off small on your props. Any of the props listed above can work well buy you'll have to push the strut up a bit more with the ABC prop.

Keep plugging and good luck!!
    Do you have anyone in mind i could get a prop done from? Currently the fastest prop I have was done by yours truly. I was gonna sell the x648 but I have decided to try something with it to see if I can get more speed out of it. If you have someone in mind that Could help me out, do tell. :) I don't really know anyone who does these.

Quote Originally Posted by kfxguy View Post
    Do you have anyone in mind i could get a prop done from? Currently the fastest prop I have was done by yours truly. I was gonna sell the x648 but I have decided to try something with it to see if I can get more speed out of it. If you have someone in mind that Could help me out, do tell. :) I don't really know anyone who does these.
    One of the best prop guys on this forum is Chris "Dasboata" give him a pm https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...?5485-dasboata

One of the best prop guys on this forum is Chris "Dasboata" give him a pm https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...?5485-dasboata
    Chris is great....I still like that you are at least trying to work your own props too...maybe get one from Chris and compare... DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

you guys must not be reading the thread...lol . The x648 is from him. The m645 i did. i think we just made the wrong prop choice and my combo does not like the x648....It does run really smooth tho but just the speed isnt there. Im talking to another guy that a member referred me to and hes more electric oriented. Chris told me up front he's not good a recommending props so we just kinda picked one. Not his fault. I tried everything i could think of and it just didnt like it. I think I dont have enough motor. I dunno.

1521 went out today @ noon you should see it Wednesday, holler when you get it.

1521 went out today @ noon you should see it Wednesday, holler when you get it.
    Thanks a bunch and will do sir. I really do appreciate it. On a side note, I did a Ltd le more work to my m645 earlier. I was told it was too thick still and especially on the trailing side. So I fixed that. Hopefully will be faster. Gonna test with my motor first to get a valid comparison.

My new prop came in. I must admit, my props look like toy props compared to this thing. The quality of work on this thing is unreal. Pictures do no justice....if it runs half as good as it looks...it's gonna fly. Here's some pics...I now have a new standard to go by...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast