Thread: ul-1 going through esc's and bec's

Default ul-1 going through esc's and bec's

hi,

I have a ul-1 with a leopard 3674 2200kv motor with a 120a esc and running stk prop with a pair of turnigy 40c 5000mah batteries. I was running 30c 5300mah gens ace batts but they were getting really hot so I tried the turnigys and they run a lot cooler but now the capacitor on my castle bec is popping and the caps on the esc are starting to bulge. I have gone through 2 esc's and 2 bec's. do I need a bigger esc? are the bats to big? could this motor be pulling that much amperage? any advice is appreciated.

thanks

That motor is quite a bit hotter than the stock motor, it could be pulling a lot of amps. The stock prop could be too much, I'd opt for a 'smaller' one. The boat may be running too wet or there could be a bind in the driveline. How you drive makes a difference too - lots of on and off the throttle, running until the LVC cuts in, all increase heat.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

In ref to the batteries being too big. The packs are only going to give the motor what it asks for. Higher quality packs with better output will deliver a bit more amperage but will only push your gear over the cliff if it's running on the ragged edge to begin with.
    Last edited by Chilli; 07-13-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Thanks guy's, do you think that a 120amp is on the small side? Should I move up to a 180amp? I am on and off the throttle a bit cause the pond is not that big but I don't think it is running too wet.

The timing should be 5 degrees or lower. Dunno where your timing is set

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Timing set to 3.75 degrees