Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duma's Scarab 40, converted to Cigarette Top Gun 39 Center console O/B boat!

Default Duma's Scarab 40, converted to Cigarette Top Gun 39 Center console O/B boat!

I am posting this for my friend Chip in Massachusetts. We were talking last night, and he mentioned he was not real computer savey (spelling), so I said hey, let me post these up. A boat with this much quality work deserves to be seen. Chip spent over 400 hours working on this build, and everything, I mean everything you see here, was custom, hand made, hand painted. The fishing rods, center console, deck, seats, igloo cooler, the lighting...ohhhh the lighting!!!, etc!!!!

This hull started as a Dumas Scarab 377 40" hull from 1987. Originally, Dumas copied the Cigarette hull of the day, and put the Scarab top on it, so this is kind of returning the hull back to an original Cigarette design. He cut the top off, and made everything you see from that point on. The outboards are the Graupner GT800's, and we discussed powerplants last night...120a esc's, Turnigy 36x60mm, 1400kv motors, on 4s lipo, and i suggested somewhere in the x442-x445 range. He wanted 25mph for a scale look, but I think he will be in the 30-35mph range....which should look really good with a hull like this.

Anyways, here are some pics. I will forward Chip this link when all the pics are posted, and maybe he can comment on his incredible workmanship! Enjoy, Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Amazing! Tell Chip he needs to get on the site and post more of his work, wow!

Yowser! Incredible work!

He has a TON of sweet builds, this is just one of them! He is a top notch builder for sure! He asked that I post a pic of the real Cigarette hull as well...

That's beautiful! Nice work Chip! Thanks for posting!

Beautiful, really nice!

BTW nice outboard collection! Gill
    GO FAST AND TURN RIGHT !
    www.grsboats.com.br

Hi everyone, I'm Chip and would like to thank Mike for posting all the pictures of the Cigarette for me . I cant seem to figure out the photo bucket thing , I have little experience with computers but working on it. My user name on OSE is boat2fix . Thanks for all the praise , more to come Chip

Absolutely Incredible!!!

Omg! That thing is incredible! Very very nice work! I think i would lightly drive it once, take pics and videos of it and then drool over it sitting on my shelf.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

VERY well done Chip, really look forward to seeing more. May even need to pick your brain for ideas if you are interested and can spare a little time ?

Awesome work, like the o/b collection too! Any chance of a video of it running?
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Oh man.... That's awesome...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Here is one showing the steering bar, and Chip's Amps/ International Hobbies SR1 Formula, with custom deck (he did the full seating area, rear hatch, wing, and paintwork himself, and the trailer too). This hull also has twin Amps International Hobbies outdrives (I am selling a brand new outdrive on Ebay right now for anyone interested!!)

^^^^amazing!
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

And he's in mass huh?
    Have him come on here. There are a few of us here in mass that would surely love to run with him and check these boats out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There's a hole at the center of earth where the rest of the world sinks but i stand still...

Love the Formula! I use to work for a Formula dealer and rig these boats years ago.

Gorgeous.

More pics coming in a few...He just emailed me most of his lineup! haha..All top notch! Mike

Now its about to get real up in here!

Miami Vice Dumas Scarab:

Jesse James Cat:

His other Formula 402 SR1 custom:

Dumas 20:

Any my favorite, the Hustler 388

Are these running models or static?

They are all function-able. I am not sure which ones he runs or not. But I do know they are runnable if wanted to be.

Hi this is Chip I can assure you they all run but the Gas boats need Engines cause the Zenoah's were kind of a disappointment , trying to save up for a couple of Quickdraws. The rest of the boats are electric .The Formula has 2) Nemisis 13 hp each 50.000 rpm electric motors purchased from Fine Design . The other formula has 2) 22000 KV small motors cause I don't want to ruin the AMPS outdrives. Jesse James has two 22000 KV motors as well . So most of them run most of the time. Thanks for the interest Chip

Dude, chip.... Seriously nice boats.
    Where in ma are you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by boat2fix View Post
    Hi this is Chip I can assure you they all run but the Gas boats need Engines cause the Zenoah's were kind of a disappointment , trying to save up for a couple of Quickdraws. The rest of the boats are electric .The Formula has 2) Nemisis 13 hp each 50.000 rpm electric motors purchased from Fine Design . The other formula has 2) 22000 KV small motors cause I don't want to ruin the AMPS outdrives. Jesse James has two 22000 KV motors as well . So most of them run most of the time. Thanks for the interest Chip
    That is great Chip! Your boats are so incredible, Absolute works of art and even better that you can actually have fun with them!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast