Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: painting question

Quote Originally Posted by rdcracer View Post
    Ive used Klass Kote but dont use epoxy paint anymore. I was painting a 6' sailboat yellow in my garage and fogot about the kick factor. I painted everything in the garage yellow. And I mean everything. Wife was not too happy with me. Almost ended my RC career. Her mother still gives me crap about it.
    Thanks for the heads up!! lol... sorry... I've pulled worse maneuvers...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Ive used Klass Kote but dont use epoxy paint anymore. I was painting a 6' sailboat yellow in my garage and fogot about the kick factor. I painted everything in the garage yellow. And I mean everything. Wife was not too happy with me. Almost ended my RC career. Her mother still gives me crap about it.
    That's why I specified my bro-in-law shoots "in his detached garage". I should of elaborated more. "His" means his wife doesn't go in there. LOL. For folks that haven't used it, you've got to take all the precautions with Klass Kote that you do shooting any auto paint. The fumes are nasty when you shoot it. It's good stuff though. It flows nice, is durable and you can get it in small quantities.

Agreed, however I pointed out in post 16, live in an apartment - don't have room to store a proper compressor like the second one RDCracer linked in post 25. Even those pancake jobbies would be tough.

I've been having good luck with rattle cans because of attention to prep.

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    Blowing air on the comp won't help ... you get what you pay for. If you want good results either spend the money for quality equipment or pay someone to do it for you.

Go to their website or go to the store and get on their email list. I get the sale ads and they usually have an addtional 20% off coupon The gun I use is Mini Detail gun #92126. They had them on sale for 9.99 at one point and I bought like 3 of them. Still using the first one. They are pretty good if you clean them. The compressor cost about 79.00. If you are going to use it for anything but an airbrush make sure it has at least 2.5hp. Their cheepo airbrush sells for about $12-$15 and I bought at first for a throw a way for stuff that I didnt want to use in my good gun and found out they are really good also.
    Get a folding table and get off the sidewalk
    Going back over to pick something up tonight one way or another.... I have been on the email list for sure! Great deal, in fact I use the 20 or 25% coupon everytime a new one comes out, I've got a bunch of stuff from them.... a lot of their stuff might not be good for commercial use, but works fantastic for hobbyists for occasional use with great results!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12