Thread: Servo's

Default Servo's

I am putting together a new boat and I dropped in a Bluebird servo which I never have used before. It was a heavy servo with metal gears and it burned itself up in no time. The servo would just "jitter" and no matter what settings I tried for milliseconds etc. I could not get it to settle down. I then dug around in the drawer and plugged in a "cheaper" version of a bluebird servo and it spun like crazy in one direction and then smoked Hmmm.

I then began to question my receiver as it is a brand new spectrum marine receiver that I also had just purchase today. Well, I was out of servo's except I found a "mini" servo in a drawer and being a glutton for punishment, I plugged it in to. Well it worked successfully.

Never have had a servo problem before, but I usually use Hitec or Traxxas servo's. I guess I will go get one at the hobby store tomorrow and see finally if there is still something flaky with the receiver or is it really just some really bad servo's I was trying. I bought them a long time ago so can't even tell you where I got them from.

Anyone seen anything like that?

I was thinking about this with my morning coffee and maybe it was because I did not uncoil the two antenna as I had just pulled the receiver out the box and was quickly hooking up everything? Might be a contributing factor?

I really doubt it Jim. The most probable cause of the failures is the receiver's frame rate. Too high a frame rate on non-digital can burn it up.....sometimes apparently. But the marine Spektrum receivers are supposed to have a low rate regardless of the setting.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I have 2 hitec 645mg servo's that chatter back and forth ... spectrum dx3r pro and marine recivers ... both new servos....I never did figure out why but they are both in a drawer as I was too lazy to send them back to hitec....
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    I have 2 hitec 645mg servo's that chatter back and forth ... spectrum dx3r pro and marine recivers ... both new servos....I never did figure out why but they are both in a drawer as I was too lazy to send them back to hitec....
    That combo will chatter sometimes, get youself a "signal booster" from Spektrum http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-booster-SPMCP , it should help. I had a FiTec ( was curious at this rather high torque unit) servo which I was trying on a ML tunnel and it did that with a Tactic, the booster wire helped somewhat, it only does that occasionally now.
    I like Futaba servos in general, they are reliable and I have not encountered one that will chatter.
    Too many boats, not enough time...