Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Namba Fast Electric Nationals. Results, pictures and videos.

Here is one of the Q Sport heats from the helmet cam. This thing works better than I thought it would. Terry Davis wins this one.....and video evidence that we WERE over!!!! Good call Mr. Waters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTKV...ature=youtu.be

Here is Sean and Tyler going at it (P Sport Hydro). Great race...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jmv...zpxo6RQFKo3N8A

Some amazing driving, guys! Beautiful boats. GREAT site! What an amazing event. I'm very sorry I missed it.

I also would like to apologize to my buddy, Mike Pags... I hear that things didn't go so well with my Silver N1 Mono, and I'm really sorry about that. Sounds like that wire drive just didn't work out and that sucks! Hopefully your daughter will forgive me! I lay myself at her mercy!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Once you guys get all settled back into your normal routines, if someone could post the heat racing official times for these heats, or maybe just the fast times, that would be great. Would be nice to see what bench-marks to strive for.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Congratulations to the MMEU crew and all that attended!!
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Colorado next year. Dates TBD.

We'll probably do a cup race on a smaller scale than the FE nats. I would encourage everyone to hit either. FE racers are truly a special group. I consider each and every one of you friends.
    Now that I may have to go to depending on how my finances turn out.
    Tommy Levescy sponsored by: RCJuice.com, Rawspeed, Scorpion Precision Performance, TC Racing, Triton RC, Oxidean Marine and Cencal Hobbies.
    Current Namba 1mile record holder: Pltd sport hydro 1:19:72 P-sport hydro 1:14:31

OMG.. that Orb on Jasons crotch and look on his face is PRICELESS.. LMFAO... Caption that!

Darin-Fred's working on getting full heat sheet data on RCRACINGEVENTS and NAMBA's site will have fast time data. Just need more time. A special thanks to David Santistevan, NAMBA's website chairman, for posting the data as if he has nothing else better to do! We'll continue to input data throughout the week.

What a great time, guys. Thanks for all of MMEU's efforts, as well as the Elk Lodge Members, for making this event such a success. Fred has been burning the midnight oil for months now to make sure this thing went off without a hitch. You guys would be shocked if you knew how much time he invested just in heat sheets/adds/drops/changes alone! it's a daunting task.

A few stand outs for me. First off, the kids. MMEU found themselves in a situation where 5 kids were actually better than the Kids R Boaters, Too class, but maybe not quite up there with the adults (well, except for Ava, as Pags mentioned-more on that later). They set up the kids with their own heats, and had the top NAMBA drivers pit for them. The expression on their face when they knew that Doug Twaits, Brian Buaas, Simms, etc would be helping them ALL WEEK was priceless. And, it paid off, too. All of them are hands down better at this hobby after 5 days of racing at this event. And, Pags is right, Ava drives better than he does. I threw everything I had at her in a P Mono heat and it was only her flipping that got me past her!

Marc "Hobby Master/Roll Your Own" Cerankowski is an MMEU/Elks member that is new to the hobby. He DNF'd his first heat of SV-27 and was frustrated. We talked a bit and I pitted for him the remaining 3 rounds. 1200 points later he was sitting tied for 1st with Mike Ball, and ended up beating him with fast time! Seeing his eyes light up when he realized what he can accomplish with the encouragement of an experienced pitman was a feel-good moment for me.

Q Offshore. 8 boat heats all day. 20 bodies up on the drivers stand. Not 1 hit. In fact, during all 5 days of racing you could count the number of hits with less than 1 hand (sadly I did one of them...sorry Mike Buck!). I've seen more carnage at a flippin' club race than what happened at this entire event. Anyway, back to Q Offshore. I've never zoned like I did on the final heat as I was on Twaits hip the entire 4 minutes. My boat had a bit more speed, but he just wouldn't give up lane 1. At the 3:55 mark, I finally broke him as he went skipping off the course and flipped at the pin. But, I couldn't grab the next 1/4 lap! We finished tied that heat, and I only had him by 1/4 lap overall. And, that's not the only offshore class that ended that close. It took me a few hours to shake that one off.

Watching the Q Sport Hydro heat. 7 boats? Davis sticks his so hard that 3/4 of his boat is buried in the mud 10 feet deep...maybe more. Boat is recovered by the diver, and Terry has it up and running the next round.

More will come to me as I find more time. Just need to get more caught up @ work.

Thanks again, MMEU! Rock on Rochester-North Oakland Elks #2225!

Hobbymaster raced with us at the 09 nats. He's into every form of RC there is. Sailboats, planes, cars. He does repair on planes for a local hobby shop.
    Noisy person

Still tired. I'm typing a post in word first so I don't have so many spelling or grammar mistakes. What a week! I'm quite jazzed to get a 3rd in Q-Sport Hydro when the boat has only seen a dozen laps or more in practice before the race. That speed is crazy!

I feel bad that I hit Bob Zola's Q-Sport, really, really stupid... my pit man was even yelling in my ear GO WIDE!!!!!! Sorry Bob I zoned out into tunnel vision...

later....
    Nortavlag Bulc

All the scores are up on rc racing events but offshore as there program doesn't support laps all the other days are there here is the link

http://www.rcracingevents.com/cgi-bi...b=Mid-Michigan Electric Unlimiteds
    When all else fails floor it

Received a pic of my favorite racer from one of the Elks guys.

Not the fat guy. The other one.

ty and dad.jpg
    Noisy person

What was the logo on all the orange shirts?

Sorry my mother was logged into facebook which auto-logged me into the forum.

What was the logo on all the orange shirts?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Default What a Great Event !!!

Thanks to all of the MMEU Club for putting on a truely great event.
    Special thanks to Fred Siewart and Terry Davies for their hospitality.
    They hooked me up with a good transmission repair shop to heal my
    travel scars. Terry even loaned me his wheels for the week so I did
    not even have to rent a car during those unexpected repairs.

This was the first time that I had met Al Waters in person. What a
    gentleman and a wonderful ambassador to our sport. Thanks Al ...great job.
    Congrats to Dave Newland for his high Points Championship.....he truely earned it.
    and thanks for all the hard work that you do as the FE Chairman that
    goes hand and hand with each years nationals.
    Congrats to the West Coast Racing Team, Brian Buass, Tyler Girard, Dave Newland
    for their Team Points victory again holding Jason, Terry and I in that all too familiar
    2nd place position
    Congrats to Dougie Twaits for the Mr. Offshore Award....well done.
    And what an intense match race we had in the final P-Mono heat.
    I obviously have more work to be done on my driving skills, but it was fun.
    Thanks to Dougie Twaits, Brian Buass, Mike Paganelli and Jason Sims for the
    many boat and prop set-up tips.....they all made a huge difference.
    Thank you Darin Jordan for building me that stellar OPC. Thank you Terry Cowger Sr.
    for building such a fast N-2 Sport and P-sport Hydro.....2 of the very best in the field.

My biggest thanks goes to Jason Sims for making the trip with me, fixing the trailer,
    spelling me on the long drive, pitting almost every heat, keeping my head in the game,
    coaching me on driving lines, and giving me the best chance I could ever have at my
    failed attempt at the high points. He did everything thing a team-mate and friend could ever
    do.....even holding the cup.....

I am sure I missed thanking someone as I hand such a good time and help by so many people.
    Sorry for any ommisions.
    This was the biggest FE Nats in quite a long time despite some last minute dropouts.
    My hope is that we all continue to support and grow the FE Nat's each and every year.
    Not sure if I will be running as big a program as I have been in the past, but I still plan
    to try to attend every year if at all possible. After the final remnants of the travel coma
    wear off I plan to post some additional pictures too.
    Thanks Again,
    Ken Haines
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Steven, our club shirts are orange and so were some Mojo shirts that Bob was handing out here and there. There were a number of us running the GP batteries. If you did well he gave ya a short.

Our club shirts have our names and namba numbers on them with our MMEU logo on there. They're actually pretty sweet.

Then there were nats shirts too. White with the nats logo on the back. We have some left and will likely sell some once we've recovered from the coma. This one has been particularly hard to recover from. No idea why that is.
    Noisy person

We have some left and will likely sell some once we've recovered from the coma. This one has been particularly hard to recover from. No idea why that is.
    Coma.... That's a great way to describe how we feel after the week. It's like a weeks worth of adrenaline just drained out from Sunday morning until today. I'm finally feeling fairly normal with some equilibrium. Getting to bed by 1am to be up by about 5-6am and racing by 8:30am'ish is a major rush of adrenaline and now, it's gone.

I wore orange t-Shirts just because it's my fav. color... trying to blend in with the MMEU's. Orange is also the color of Holland's sports team etc... it's part of my parents heritage that I like to remind myself of.
    Nortavlag Bulc

nice job Ray on the third place finish.
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Some friendly chat before the race.... ?!?!

Ray - Your boat is clearly faster than everyone else in this class. You'll have to PM me your secret. Sorry I didn't give you that lane coming out of turn 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJiH...ature=youtu.be

Default Brian Buaas P limited Record Run

Here is a video I shot with my new ION pro2 camera with the head band mount.

Brian's boat is smoking fast.

Kevin
    Last edited by Ksheren; 07-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Hey guys,

I am lucky enough that I only live about 25 minutes or so from the race and drove over to check it out on Saturday. I got to meet some very cool guys and see the craziness that racing is all about lol. I recorded a video on my phone just to show the Wife (proof I'm not the only crazy one) and a bit of one of the kids races to show my son, so not the best quality but figured I'd share them. First is 1/8 scale? And then a bit of the kids running..

Shawn

Kids...

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Some friendly chat before the race.... ?!?!
    Ray - Your boat is clearly faster than everyone else in this class. You'll have to PM me your secret. Sorry I didn't give you that lane coming out of turn 4.
    Is that the heat where I stuffed it all the way into the mud?
    Noisy person

Is that the heat where I stuffed it all the way into the mud?
    Yes sir! You can see it bubbling in the front straight for a few laps. I think it was still running down there.

That thing was down for a half hour. Thanks to Todd! Still owe you a speed controller.

Only missed one heat.
    Noisy person

Did anyone get any pictures of Thriftway Too?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast