Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swordfish esc

You shouldn't have to change any of the options on the port. Going to device manager will just let you know what com port it is. Next to the device listed in device manager it will say "COMX" X being the number 1,2,3,4,etc. When you open the program, there's a button in the bottom left that says "Set com port" click on that, then click on the drop down and choose the com port you found in device manger. Then you should be able to click open device in the bottom left corner. Maybe I misunderstood your problem.

screenshot.jpg

My problem is that I don't see anything below the black border under the picture of the fighter jet.
    Neither "set com port" nor "open device" appear in the picture. I resized my screen but I doubt that was it, because all this time I was able to see the entire picture plus left over real estate on the screen.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Oh, BTW, the "ready" and the clock appears though! CLOCK is running correctly!

I just tried setting the resolution on my laptop as low as it goes (800X600) and I still see everything fine. If you're seeing real estate outside the window, that doesn't sound like resolution is too low. It sounds like the window is too small. Is the window maximized? The easiest way to maximize a window is probably to click on the middle button, to the left of the X button, in the top right corner of the window.

Otherwise, there should be 3 little diagonal lines in the bottom right corner of the window. When you hover your mouse curser over them, it changes into a double arrow. Click and drag the corner of the window down and over to make it bigger.

Yeah, I maximized the window, no dice.
    I see the bottom , even the "exit" button, the clock, ready, everything on the lowest of the picture I see, just not the Open device.

My Bad, don't see "EXIT"

If your window looks like the following, I was able to re-create your issue. Go to control panel then choose "display". Set the magnification to "Smaller - 100% (default)", click apply, then either log off and log back on, or reboot. It will make things much smaller, but will allow you to use the program.

screenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpg

Sir!
    Worked like magic!! I am so near sighted that I guess I had set my screen a bit bigger, I guess that is what Steven meant by resizing, too, I just thought it was a resolution issue.

Thank you again for all your time! Have a great rest od the day!

This Forum IS THE BEST!!

You're very welcome. What goes around, comes around. This was my first post here after my very fist run on my first boat. I recognized your avatar...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ht=#post524278

Quote Originally Posted by wiljm View Post
    You're very welcome. What goes around, comes around. This was my first post here after my very fist run on my first boat. I recognized your avatar...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ht=#post524278

You have spent much more time to help me and that is generosity on your part with your own time, thanks again, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Sir!
    Worked like magic!! I am so near sighted that I guess I had set my screen a bit bigger, I guess that is what Steven meant by resizing, too, I just thought it was a resolution issue.

Thank you again for all your time! Have a great rest od the day!

This Forum IS THE BEST!!
    glad to see it all worked out

@ Alexgar
    @Rocstar
    @Engelkefarm
    Thanks to each one of you whose advice and help are greatly appreciated!
    I was about to give up that very first day were it not for you guys' input!
    and happy boating my friends!

I did not do much but fyi my swordfish blew up first day. My seaking 180 never gave me any issues i thought i was upgrading be carefull

Thanks for the heads up, wish me luck, I put it in a Zippkits JAE 21 FE rigger, hope it will be ok, I don't know....
    May I ask which Swordfish ESC were you using?

220a im thinking it was defective

I'm having zero luck with these. Ran the 120 with the same settings as my hobbywing. 3 laps in it shuts down. Not sure if the LVC is the culpret. I'll have to mess with it to see.

My brand new 220 burned up on the bench. Never got to run it.

What's the deal with the calibration beeps? They don't sound like the instructions describe. Is there a video with decent sound showing how to do it?

Not giving up but really frustrated with these.
    Noisy person

I think I used this video from OSE as an example when I did mine.

The manual was not clear, something lost in the translation, I just waited the first series of tones and immediately released the trigger, it seemed to arm. I then turned up the throttle EPA to 120%. I will try either tomorrow or Thursday.
    Frankly I am a bit nervous as some of you who are more experienced than I am are having tough times with this ESC.

Great video Steve. I'll try it again once I'm ready to play boats again. Taking a little break after last week. Like maybe a week off. LOL
    Noisy person

The manual was not clear, something lost in the translation, I just waited the first series of tones and immediately released the trigger, it seemed to arm. I then turned up the throttle EPA to 120%. I will try either tomorrow or Thursday.
    Frankly I am a bit nervous as some of you who are more experienced than I am are having tough times with this ESC.
    With the latest FW, you shouldn't need to turn up the throttle trim. My logs show me hitting 100% throttle with my trim set at neutral. I'm running a Spektrum as well.

What is the current version? Mine is AHKB 3A16 11MS 2202 .
    :canada

Quote Originally Posted by ezhitz View Post
    What is the current version? Mine is AHKB 3A16 11MS 2202 .
    I don't have my boats with me, but the last 4 digits look familiar. Hefei doesn't include the FW version in their naming conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    With the latest FW, you shouldn't need to turn up the throttle trim. My logs show me hitting 100% throttle with my trim set at neutral. I'm running a Spektrum as well.
    Thanks, good to know. How is yours holding up?

The lake was just too busy this weekend (Canada Day long weekend). Three water dogs at my cottage alone. With the high heat and humidity, everyone seemed to be in the water playing and keeping cool. Didn't want to risk it. I was really wanting to test my cooling mods.

The consultation prize was I got to spend more time playing with the 228" gas boat:

_DSC4600.jpg _DSC4607.jpg

Wow! She is a beauty!
    Enjoy!

Must have been horrible for you. Not sure how you survived.
    Noisy person

I guess this is my lucky day. The ESC didn't go boom. Everything worked out. I am using this in a Zippkits JAE21 FE rigger with a TPPOWER 3640 6D motor (3670/2460kv) with a H7 prop. Speed increased from 99kph to 112kpm. That is 69.6mph.
    Temp was never higher than 124 at the capacitors and motor was 127 at the hottest. Battery was 111 . I ran 2 packs of Grim Lipo and 1 pack of Dinogy.
    The graph shows my average amp draw was 138a, 2009w.
    I realized perhaps I also have the latest FW (2002), but I left the throttle EPA @120%, no issues, log showed throttle 100%. Timing was manually set via the USB to 2 degrees advance. I wanted to leave it at low as was set with the box, but changed my mind before leaving the house.
    Thanks to everyone who gave me advice!
    Last edited by tlandauer; 07-02-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Great Tim! That's a big increase due to the ESC. Different settings? Congrats!

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I realized perhaps I also have the latest FW (2202)
    If you purchased it recently, you probably do. The 220+ I purchased from OSE in Nov'13 needed to be updated, but the 220+ I purchased from OSE in Feb'14 was already at the latest release.

I know you were on the fence about trying the Swordfish ESC. What do you think of it compared to the SK180?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Great Tim! That's a big increase due to the ESC. Different settings? Congrats!

Thank you Fluid!
    Other than leveling the turn fin dead level with the top of the tub when viewed from the port side as suggested by Doug Smock, there is not much I can do to improve this rigger---it was bought used and although built well, it had its share of mileage. Also made sure the strut is touching the floor of the skid, I could only made .5mm difference, but small changes yield dividends I guess in the end!
    I learned so much just fiddling this rigger.
    I know my progress is slow compare to more adventurous people, but I know my limitations all too well.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 07-02-2014 at 07:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast