Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swordfish esc

Quote Originally Posted by rickwess View Post
    If you purchased it recently, you probably do. The 220+ I purchased from OSE in Nov'13 needed to be updated, but the 220+ I purchased from OSE in Feb'14 was already at the latest release.

I know you were on the fence about trying the Swordfish ESC. What do you think of it compared to the SK180?
    Yes, I bought it VERY recently! This is my first Swordfish ESC.
    You know, I was prompted by someone ( may be it was you) that the throttle input would be a bit more smooth if it is set at "slow or soft" start, which is exactly what I did, and so I did not feel any perceptible difference today. With all the talk of blowing up even before hitting the water , I was too preoccupied to filter any differences.
    I was seriously thinking of modifying the cooling nipple orientation of the SK 180a ESC so that it will fit in the rigger, but laziness wins once more!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

What can handle more power a 200 amp esc or a 220 esc?

Swordfish esc im talking about. The 220a can handle 6 cell but the 200a can handle 8 cell. Someone please explain how a lower amp esc can handle more voltage. I asked the owner of ose the best answer he gave me was thats how they are designed

watt = amp × volt

Assuming the wattage remains constant, if the amperage is lower the voltage can be higher.

So between the two esc stated above which would be the better of the two on 11.1 volt

Sorry 22.2 volt 1600kv 4082 leopard

Quote Originally Posted by wiljm View Post
    I think I used this video from OSE as an example when I did mine.
    Does anyone know of a similar video while using a BEC on a spektrum? Tricky because you have to wait for the BEC to power the RX. Then there are maybe 3 seconds waiting on the radio sinc.................now what? The speedo is in what state at this point?
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Does anyone know of a similar video while using a BEC on a spektrum? Tricky because you have to wait for the BEC to power the RX. Then there are maybe 3 seconds waiting on the radio sinc.................now what? The speedo is in what state at this point?
    Same process Terry. I calibrate mine when using the internal BEC and DX4S without issue. I know what you mean about the delay, but it doesn't effect the calibration.
    "There's nothing else I really want to do other than get up and build boats." - Mike Fiore

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Never had to do that yet, but I will with the Scarab. Never thought about it until now, but perhaps use a cheapo battery holder to make an RX pack just for calibrating.

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Sir!
    Worked like magic!! I am so near sighted that I guess I had set my screen a bit bigger, I guess that is what Steven meant by resizing, too, I just thought it was a resolution issue.

Thank you again for all your time! Have a great rest od the day!

This Forum IS THE BEST!!
    It's an older thread but I was pulling my hair out until I found this solution. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by wiljm View Post
    If your window looks like the following, I was able to re-create your issue. Go to control panel then choose "display". Set the magnification to "Smaller - 100% (default)", click apply, then either log off and log back on, or reboot. It will make things much smaller, but will allow you to use the program.

Attachment 117270Attachment 117271

Reviving this as it saved me thank you!!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123