Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: info on lehner motor purchase

Quote Originally Posted by Rocstar View Post
    Hey Chris, where can I find one of those top secret KGB hulls?

jk
    Sounds Russian to me...I didn't even know they ran RC boats up there.

Been following this thread for a bit, and I have to say it's pretty confusing. Rude5150 in my opinion you need to take a step back and really ask yourself what it is that you want and what you can afford. In post #18 you said you were going with an hpr hull with lenher motors, then in post #20 you said you were going with a cheetah hull and lenher motors?
    The cheetah hull isn't the hull for 100mph, so that leaves you with a few real options HPR 115, MHZ 114, and KBB 45. Have a look at all three of them and decide with one is right for you. After that the rest will fall into place. Right now this thread is just going around in circles.
    HPR 115 - Lenher 2240/7, AS26- 150BL EVO ll esc's 92.3mph

I hope this isn't one of those threads where we all give the OP advice for 3-4 pages and the boat is never built.

KGB-45-In the Soviet Russia the boat drives you....think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithbradley View Post
    Sounds Russian to me...I didn't even know they ran RC boats up there.
    you would know better than me / us

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Im gonna build it.

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME...... what are you going to build all of them

Doing my home work. Have anyone hear about scorpion 4035 inrunner motors?

I leaning towards hpr 115

Quote Originally Posted by rude5150 View Post
    I leaning towards hpr 115
    Sounds like you need to pick a hull first, then ask about what motors. Kinda hard to give an opinion on a motor without knowing what it's going in. Once you got that figured out, you need to set a budget. Then after that come back here and we will steer you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    I hope this isn't one of those threads where we all give the OP advice for 3-4 pages and the boat is never built.

KGB-45-In the Soviet Russia the boat drives you....think about it.
    The last aircraft carrier that was intended for the Soviet Navy was built at an Ukrainian shipyard, never finished. The Chinese bought the hull as scrap metal, now it is the first aircraft carrier that China has. The Chinese also went through the dilemma of choosing between the TPPower motor and the Lehner motor. ( They couldn't decide between Steam turbine or Nuclear power), at least they knew which hull to put the power plant in.
    Last edited by tlandauer; 06-27-2014 at 01:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    Too many boats, not enough time...

I know what motor I want, I want to find the BEST HULL for my last build. Ive got 6 tp motors and I love them.all. moving up time. Im glad that China drop Leopard and went TP, im going TP to Lehner. Just trying a thing. Its a shame that ive got to order the best from another country, but all is well.
    Everything I start talking about I do. Please, lets all stay On the same page. Im gonna get the HPR 115 ALREADY.
    WHEN U GO ALL OUT, THEY CAN ONLY SIT BACK AND WATCH ....RUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    The last aircraft carrier that was intended for the Soviet Navy was built at an Ukrainian shipyard, never finished. The Chinese bought the hull as scrap metal, now it is the first aircraft carrier that China has. The Chinese also went through the dilemma of choosing between the TPPower motor and the Lehner motor. ( They couldn't decide between Steam turbine or Nuclear power), at least they knew which hull to put the power plant in.
    Lol, that is hilarious...

Just get a waverunner.

Ive already got an r-12x, NEXT!

Hpr 115, get ready. I sure hope that I dont get any problems, when I buy this hull. Thanks guys.

Get the bullet proof version of the 115 and your good to go. Perhaps a couple bulkheads up front to support the deck? You should find out how long it will take the hpr to get to you. It's an awesome piece of work that's for sure. I would think with the hpr drives, rudder, motor mounts and lipo system you should be over the $2000 mark. Add the lehner motors and mgm esc's for another$2500 plus. Add all the other bits and you should be able to build the best for about $6000. The prices are just approximate, may be a lot less or a lot more depending on choices. You are looking to build the best though. Is that the kind of money your looking at spending? It's what I am saving for!

I've gota carbon Kevlar mhz 114 hull, new/undrilled, and some absolutely one of a kind custom hardware for it if you're interested.

mhz mystic 114 or hpr, either one will do everything you want and more.

HPR 115 is your best bet for quality and performance. I have a 115 Eco setup on 6s with Lehner motors and mpb controllers, does 105mph all day and in nasty wind. 4-5min run time.

Also have HPR 115 done 124mph on 5s not an Eco setup only SAW use.

Here is the same boat using 8s on a test pass in the wind at 131.8 mph.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1TMEqvXypdU

Bottom line if you want fun or proven performance and quality that nobody in the hobby can deny, HPR115 is the way to go.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by B Neal View Post
    HPR 115 is your best bet for quality and performance. I have a 115 Eco setup on 6s with Lehner motors and mpb controllers, does 105mph all day and in nasty wind. 4-5min run time.

Also have HPR 115 done 124mph on 5s not an Eco setup only SAW use.

Here is the same boat using 8s on a test pass in the wind at 131.8 mph.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1TMEqvXypdU

Bottom line if you want fun or proven performance and quality that nobody in the hobby can deny, HPR115 is the way to go.

Brian
    It really depends what your goals are. If turning/handling is important, HPR would likely not be the hull for you. If going fast ina straight line is primary concern, they are certainly proven in that regard.

Kieth
    Hence the exact reason I stated in the fast boat above "saw use only"

An HPR 115 setup to go 100mph and will easily go 60mph around a legal namba / impba course. It is all in how the the boat is setup, you want 100 and handling or fast for SAW the HPR115 has been proven for both types of enthusiasts.

Brian

Mr. Neil, I would love to see some pictures of your hprs and get a glimpse of how your doing things! I have seen the videos but at 140mph or so it's tough to see the detail:-). I already posted this in another thread, did again here just in case you missed that one!

Feelya1340
    Pictures of all 9 of my HPR's will be posted soon.
    Brian

what kind of controllers mpb?

Kieth
    Hence the exact reason I stated in the fast boat above "saw use only"

An HPR 115 setup to go 100mph and will easily go 60mph around a legal namba / impba course. It is all in how the the boat is setup, you want 100 and handling or fast for SAW the HPR115 has been proven for both types of enthusiasts.

Brian
    Of course setup makes a difference...
    However I assume you're not suggesting that a HPR 115 will corner as well as a MHZ 114 (not that an MHZ is the best cornering cat...there are of course much better options for oval racing. You'll likely never see either of these cats competing in an oval race).

Kieth
    Please read post #1, #6 and #12 from the OP.

I would be happy to discuss roundy round boats if you would like to start a new topic.

Brian

Kieth
    Please read post #1, #6 and #12 from the OP.

I would be happy to discuss roundy round boats if you would like to start a new topic.

Brian
    I read all the posts Brian. My responses are honest and unbiased. I'm not trying to promote anyone here, just provide info for the op so he can make an intelligent decision. You brought up running an oval, I didn't. I posted that if you are concerned with turning/handling, HPR is not the best choice but great if your only concern is going fast in a straight line. Anyone who wouldn't agree obviously hasn't run both hulls.
    I'm sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention.

Like I said before, thanks for all comments. I love the laps KB boat did . Thank you Youtube! Im a bit excited now. I guess I could save on shipping and have access to customer service wit Mister KB. Thanks again guys. And I thank all those that upload to youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes247 View Post
    This is exactly what's going to happen.
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Twisted? Hu,, Lol!!! Just thought I would chime in, rivers been high all year so far and I'm interested seeing what anyone does with MGM, lmt ect,,, ya know the good stuff. :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast