Thread: Leopard 4074 vs. 4082 2200Kv on 4S

Default Leopard 4074 vs. 4082 2200Kv on 4S

Hi All,
    I am in the process of upgrading my Impulse 31v2 to gain more performance. I would like to stay on 4S as I have a lot of money invested in 2S packs. The question I have now is which leopard option is better for me? I have already purchased a 180A turnigy marine ESC. I understand that the 4082 has a higher power output, but I was wondering if this will translate into appreciable performance gains? Will this tax my ESC to much?

I have also purchased the collet adapter and upgraded flex shaft from OSE. Will this take the extra power, or will I have to upgrade to the thicker one? I am presently running an X642 prop.

With this being said, what rear motor mounts to people recommend?

Cheers,
    Robert.

The 4082 is really a 4s2p motor, a lot depends on your batteries. Are you running 2x2s or just one 4s? I run 4082 with a set up of 4s2p, that motor sucks the juice fast. It's the only way to go ( 4s2p) if you want decent run time. With the 4074 you can run 4s1p.
    Your speed would not be that different.
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Are you running 2x2s or just one 4s?
    Presently I am running 2x2s, and would be looking to continue with the same for the time being. I have 5000mah 45C packs. So with th 4074 being the better way to go for runtime, what would be the best prop? continue with the x642? is the upgraded OSE flexshaft going to live?

Thanks for your help!

That prop is good, I don't have that particular boat, but you should be fine. Another good all around prop is the m445. There are many posts regarding which prop is the best, do a little search and you will find the info.
    if I were you I would stick with the 4074 motor.
    Too many boats, not enough time...