Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: (6) GP style ML Boatworks sport hydros to be built...any interest?

I finally gave up on the turn fins. I would just contact Dick Tyndall directly. He said he had the sport 12 fin for me, but didnt have the other fins ready, and may not be any time soon, so for those waiting on the 40 fins, just get ahold of him. Sorry.

Ray, I have not had the time to work on the big tunnel. I am trying to wrap up a couple sport hydros as I have the time, but my day job has me strapped for time right now.

Tim, Here are pics of your gp265 build. I am close to done on it. Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Default GP400 V2 Progress So Far...

Here ya go guys, so far on the GP400 V2 I've done the body work, Painted it, Did some of the Graphics, and started laying out the electronics. The body work was pretty involved with filling and radiusing all the joints, radiusing the top side corners and keeping the ride surface edges sharp. The body work came out pretty nice and the paint color is wild in the sun. I'm still going to clear it one more time after I get all the Graphics on it. I'm using a TP 4070 1770kv motor with a MGM Comp Pro 28026-3 X2 series Lite ESC, it's the 280amp base version without all the bells and whistles. It can be bought for about the same $ as a Swordfish 240 Pro Plus. Here's a bunch of pics! DSC02833.jpgDSC02830.jpgDSC02829.jpgDSC02828.jpgDSC02826.jpg
    Last edited by flraptor07; 10-15-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Default More Pics!

Default Couple more...

That's pretty sweet right there! Looks like the stand fits well too?

I have an SX400 kit that a customer wanted me to build, but just backed out. I think when I get it done, I am going to use some metal flake on it when I paint it, and sell it then. I have recently gotten in to those bass boat flakes! haha. I am sure it will catch someones eye.
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    That's pretty sweet right there! Looks like the stand fits well too?

I have an SX400 kit that a customer wanted me to build, but just backed out. I think when I get it done, I am going to use some metal flake on it when I paint it, and sell it then. I have recently gotten in to those bass boat flakes! haha. I am sure it will catch someones eye.
    Thanx Mike, I've got a couple boats with the "Bass Boat" type flake, looks killer in the sun. Yes your stands fit perfect, just enough room to put foam strips on the rails.

I knew you'd come up with a spekky paint job.
    Looks great.

chris that thing looks killer! I want a nice hydro...i'm getting the fever....
    32" carbon rivercat single 4s 102mph, 27” mini Rivercat 92mph, kbb34 91mph, jessej micro cat(too fast) was

Nicely done Chris...... Travis you could do no better than having one of these M&L hulls to work with...DJ
    Tunnels-PS295. Cats-H&M M1 Supercat Daytona rivercat. Monos-DF Cyberstorm HiTech 29. Hydros- Ms K Vac-U-Pickle Custom built 37" shovel 10th scale converted to FE Shadow. Rigger-H&M Evo II. AQ Harbortug recovery boat. Build in progress 37" cf Dragboat

Do you have the opportunity to show a drawing with dimensions on a Turnfin? I have a friend who can make me one. Plenty of time, hull has not arrived to Sweden yet

/Lasse

Nice looks awesome with the contrasting colors.
    Wished and ml decals look great also thanks for posting pics!
    Anyone interested in decals or windshield shoot me a message!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by monojeff View Post
    Nice looks awesome with the contrasting colors.
    Wished and ml decals look great also thanks for posting pics!
    Anyone interested in decals or windshield shoot me a message!
    Thanx Jeff, I put some pics on your Customer pics thread too..

Default Finished Graphics.

I finished the Graphics, I think. Anybody got any suggestions or is it enough? I added a couple more stripes on each side on the center section and did the arrows on the hatch. All the stripes are hand cut, not off a roll and the outline arrow is one piece hand cut too. DSC02834.jpgDSC02835.jpgDSC02837.jpgDSC02839.jpg

Chris, it is so beautiful, I am speechless! Congrats.
    I will have to hide in a distance with shame when I start to build mine, I will have alot of questions to ask, so be prepared.
    Cheers!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Chris, it is so beautiful, I am speechless! Congrats.
    I will have to hide in a distance with shame when I start to build mine, I will have alot of questions to ask, so be prepared.
    Cheers!
    Thank you Tim, I'm sure your's will look just as good. I'm gonna mount the hardware and electronics this weekend.
    Last edited by flraptor07; 10-18-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Stunning chris! Curious is that mgm smaller than the sf 240? Any experience with one yet or is this the first time you've used one? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jhl1963 View Post
    Stunning chris! Curious is that mgm smaller than the sf 240? Any experience with one yet or is this the first time you've used one? Thank you.
    Thank you, Yes physical size is way smaller than the SF240 and yes it's the first time I've used a MGM but it's a proven ESC brand and from everything I know about them they are on pretty much the same level as Shulze which is top of the line.
    Last edited by flraptor07; 10-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Tim, you GP265 now has all the decks on. Only thing left to do is bond the sponsons to the center, and epoxy the outside! More soon, Mike

Default Gp400 v2 done!

Here's a link to the finish thread. https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...-GP400-V2-DONE!

Tim's GP265 finally done!

Looks great! Can't wait for it to show up!
    Final payment sent.
    Thanks, Tim

Received the boat last night, looks great! Really makes my builds look not so great though..
    Thanks again!
    Tim

Glad you like it. It really takes having the right tools to make a good build. I use to struggle like everyone else, then I started building a good shop, and things have gone much better. Keep us posted on your rigging/ running. Mike

If all goes right I'll be running mine this weekend!

Good luck!

Tim, you have a PM. Mike

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567