Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) GP style ML Boatworks sport hydros to be built...any interest?

Thanks Jim!
    What boat? MAH ? Runtime?

I'm going to use one of the new TP 4070s 40 x 100mm 1770kv 5D on 6s, SF 240 pro plus ESC. I just measured the 4070 and the actual measurement is 107mm long...
    Last edited by flraptor07; 07-16-2014 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added info

Hello Mike,
    I got a bit of wi fi, please let me know when I should send you funds.
    Also another question, I didn't read carefully, sorry about asking you this now, is there any structural advantage for CF? I don't care for the looks, but I would pay the extra if there is differance in terms of forementioned differance.
    Thank you so much for everything!
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Sweet deal here wish I had the money I would take Mike up on this awesome offer!

Anyone who is taking him up on the offer and wants windshields or ML decals let me know.
    PM me and we can discuss details.
    Thanks to Mike I have his templates and graphics and can make you up anything you need or want!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    Hello Mike,
    I got a bit of wi fi, please let me know when I should send you funds.
    Also another question, I didn't read carefully, sorry about asking you this now, is there any structural advantage for CF? I don't care for the looks, but I would pay the extra if there is differance in terms of forementioned differance.
    Thank you so much for everything!
    Hey, I just mentiond to the other buyers that a $100 deposit would be great to help cover some of the kit costs that I endure up front. My paypal is madaccord@hotmail.com for that. Honestly, I prefer the 10 oz cloth. Carbon has its advantages, but with the little bit that needs to be added, its probably not worth it. I honestly HATE working with carbon as I don't like the dust, and I have 2 dogs, and I don't like thinking they could get it on their paws and lick it off, and it end up in their stomachs....just not cool. I take extra precaution when handling the stuff! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Hey, I just mentiond to the other buyers that a $100 deposit would be great to help cover some of the kit costs that I endure up front. My paypal is madaccord@hotmail.com for that. Honestly, I prefer the 10 oz cloth. Carbon has its advantages, but with the little bit that needs to be added, its probably not worth it. I honestly HATE working with carbon as I don't like the dust, and I have 2 dogs, and I don't like thinking they could get it on their paws and lick it off, and it end up in their stomachs....just not cool. I take extra precaution when handling the stuff! Mike
    Hi Mike,
    Deposit sent, let's stick with non cf, I prefer that way too, thank you very much!
    Cheers!
    Tim

Deposits received, and list on 1st page updated to show this. Thanks guys! mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Darryl here , sent u 200$ for down payment. thanks mike

I got it Darryl, thank you, MIke

Hello Mike,
    Sent you additional funds and that brings mine in line with the other people.
    Thanks!
    Tim

Tim, it was no big deal. The others did that on their own! But I thank you. My laser guy is cutting the kits now!

I didn't do that to one up anybody, I did it so I didn't have as much to pay when it was done and to help Mike out a little. I know how it is to run a small business, I'm in the same boat!

Default Hardware?

Mike, The GP400 takes the Sport 21 hardware, correct? If so that's great cause I already got it!

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    i didn't do that to one up anybody, i did it so i didn't have as much to pay when it was done and to help mike out a little. I know how it is to run a small business, i'm in the same boat!
    That is very thoughtful of you, I should have been more considerate! I did it not to compete with anybody but because I had the same thoughts as you had.

Mike , what do u think of a TP 1250kv motor for this boat, 6s an what porp to start with??

Probably in the x452 range to start, see where the temps are, then move up.

I got a tracking number stating the gp kits left my laser guy yesterday!!

I'm gonna go with a little hotter setup than that, I'm using the new TP 4070 1770kv. Dave @ HRC and I were measuring the motor up for cooling jackets the other day and the 4070 measures 107mm long so it's the same size as the Neu 1530, not the 1527 like we originally thought.

What about Castle 1717? with the finned version, would that be too larger dia. wise?

Quote Originally Posted by tlandauer View Post
    What about Castle 1717? with the finned version, would that be too larger dia. wise?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be a little too big. Maybe Mike will answer that?

Quote Originally Posted by flraptor07 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be a little too big. Maybe Mike will answer that?
    Thanks, that is what I suspect as well, will wait for Mike's advice.

A 1530 would be bad as heck in these boats. I was running a 1527 1.5d in mine, running close to 70mph in the straights, and a cornering speed at 64mph exiting the turn. I set my SAW Q tunnel record at 79.5mph with a castle 1717 1650kv motor...I like that motor a lot! Choose Wisely, Choose Wiseeelllyyyy.....

A 1530 would be bad as heck in these boats. I was running a 1527 1.5d in mine, running close to 70mph in the straights, and a cornering speed at 64mph exiting the turn. I set my SAW Q tunnel record at 79.5mph with a castle 1717 1650kv motor...I like that motor a lot! Choose Wisely, Choose Wiseeelllyyyy.....
    Nice
    that's the new Black can motor right?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Guys.
    I thought I'd offer this info as a bit of a comparison which may or may not be useful.
    I've run the following setups in mine. All on a Seaking 180 & a 6s1p 5000mah pack (we are not allowed to race 2p setups here in Australia.)
    Tp Power 4060 1600kv with a Prather s230 prop.
    TP Power 4060 1350kv with a prather s240 prop.
    TP Power 4070 1440kv with a prather s240 prop.

The 1350kv set up was recorded (gps) at 111 klicks (69mph) in a 5 lap run.
    Although not recorded, & I've only had one short run on it, the 1440 definitely "felt" faster.

I hope you guys love your new boats as much as I love mine.

Cheers.
    Paul.

Thank you sir!
    I am as inexperienced as you can imagine, so any info and enlightenment is deeply appreciated!

Thank you for the words of wisdom!

Quote Originally Posted by 785boats View Post
    Guys.
    I thought I'd offer this info as a bit of a comparison which may or may not be useful.
    I've run the following setups in mine. All on a Seaking 180 & a 6s1p 5000mah pack (we are not allowed to race 2p setups here in Australia.)
    Tp Power 4060 1600kv with a Prather s230 prop.
    TP Power 4060 1350kv with a prather s240 prop.
    TP Power 4070 1440kv with a prather s240 prop.

The 1350kv set up was recorded (gps) at 111 klicks (69mph) in a 5 lap run.
    Although not recorded, & I've only had one short run on it, the 1440 definitely "felt" faster.

I hope you guys love your new boats as much as I love mine.

Cheers.
    Paul.
    I'm sure we will Paul, Thank you for the setups. I'm going with the TP 4070 but the 1770kv version (cause I like the RPM) on 6s 2p and a SF 240 ESC. And I already have those stainless Prather props too!

Should be a rocket with that setup.

Nice Paul! You never told me you were recording 69mph runs, very cool! Mike

Guys, I think..I need to check the tracking, that the kits may arrive tomorrow! :)

I sure am glad mines first! I'm diein' here, can't wait to get it. I decided to get a different ESC, I've got a MGM TTM 28026-3 280.amp it's the bare bones X2 lite series. Rocket City has them for $284.00

Nice Paul! You never told me you were recording 69mph runs, very cool! Mike

Guys, I think..I need to check the tracking, that the kits may arrive tomorrow! :)
    Thanks Mike.
    I only put the GPS in it once. I'll let you know when I break 70mph.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast