Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (6) GP style ML Boatworks sport hydros to be built...any interest?

Default (6) GP style ML Boatworks sport hydros to be built...any interest?

Hey Guys,

When I get done with vacation (early July), I am going to order up some GP sport hydro kits, and build them. I am doing (6) total hulls, one time deal, and then getting back to other pressing things. What I am looking for is a potential list. I am willing to build the GP265v2- ($280), GP310v2- ($330), GP335v2- ($350), and GP400v2- ($370) hulls, plus shipping, with either version of the cowlings (Prototype or GP) are offered. The cowlings are the new gel coated white cowlings as well. Hulls are fully epoxied inside and out. Buyer is responsible for sanding the exterior, adding any additional epoxy or paint/clear coat.

As most of you know, I stopped doing building myself a while back. Well, these hulls will be build directly BY me, no one else. If anyone is interested, please post here. The first (6) are the ones I will go to first. Even if you are the 7th or beyond person, please post a request in case someone backs out and you can be on the standby list. My goal is to have these completed, and ready for shipping by August 15th at the latest.

As always when I do builds, pictures of the progress will be posted in this thread. Thanks, Mike

The list

1) flraptor07- gp400v2 kit with fe cowling -Deposit $400 received
    2) lars_01- gp400v2 kit with fe cowling, CF engine well $400 received
    3) Darryl Whitman- gp400v2 with fe cowling- Deposit $400 received
    4) tlandauer- gp400v2 with fe cowling- Deposit $200 received
    5) timjz -GP265v2 with FE Prototype Cowl $150 received
    6)
    Last edited by cybercrxt; 09-01-2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Here is one I completed last week for a friend. This is a GP310 with Dupont Clearcoat added, GP style cowling. Mike

Aluminum backing for the turn fin always added:

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Hi Mike.
    What all in that price? I'm assuming just the boat and no hardware. Also, what if one wanted a layer of CF on the bottom of the sponsons and tub?

A GPxxx was on my list of upcoming winter builds. It might still be, but it would be nice to have an exemplar to use as a reference, even if it would be of a different size.

Rick,
    The price listed includes the cowling, interior being epoxied, exterior being epoxied, aluminum in the turn fin area, and 6oz cloth is standard inside the sponsons and down the center. If Carbon fiber is needed, please add $15 no matter the hull size. Thanks for the interest! Mike

Oh man, this is so tempting!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I'm in GP335 V2 Prototype cowl, you need full up front or down stroke?

Your the first one on the list flraptor. I will get the list names started when I get off the mountain range this evening. Thanks, Mike

Ps, money needed up front. All I ask is when they are ready please be ready!

OK Mike let me know when you're ready and I'll send $... Thanx Chris

Will do Chris, gonna order kits next week most likely!

Beautiful boats !
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Hey, Mike!
    Is there any chance you can build a GP 400 v2?
    Lasse

Hi Lasse, you are actually the 2nd peraon to ask for a gp400v2, so I will offer that size as well. They will be $370 plus shipping if you are interested. Just let me know, thanks, Mike

I´m in! Prototype cowling. And CF.
    Thanks, Lasse

You got it man! Thanks, and talk soon, Mike

I swear, I didn't say anything I don't even know him!!

Mike , if I order a GP400v2 for oval racing , what setup would work ? motor, esc , battery count in cells.
    need to see if i got to get more items, Darryl

Darryl, what gear do u already have...6s is the power you need to be around, 1250-1500kv range. Let me know! Mike

ok Mike , put me down for a GP400 v2 w/glass, an FE prototype cowl,

You got it Darryl. Thanks, Mike

Hello Mike, is it possible for me to still get in line for a GP400 with FE cowling?
    Do i run 6s2p in these or just 2x3s?
    I am not in the US right now, but I am committed to the reservation,
    Thanks,
    Tim
    Too many boats, not enough time...

Dang, apparently my post did post earlier! I ran 6s2p when I had mine, but if you can get 3s packs in enough MAH, then you may be able to use them. Length of large 3s packs may be an issue tho! I ran (2) 4200mah 6s lipos in my V1...the V2 should handle 5000mah 6s lipos due to the extra room. But I suggest the buyer check pack sizes before buying them to be sure they fit the hull! Mike

Thanks Mike, if I missed your earlier posts regarding batteries configuration, then I apologize! I am happy to hear that 6s2p works, I prefer that over any other configuration.
    I have no wi fi, and the place i stay had a black out, only cafes on the street have wi fi sometimes.
    Turns out the theives stole the circuit breaker panel box last night so the entire building was out of electricity. Lol....
    I am told that usually it is the work of the building maintainence workers who do that, then the landlord would have to pay him for the box as well as the reinstallation labor.
    BTW, I am in Armenia, part of the former USSR.

No no, I apparently didn't hit the post button when I was responding to your question..I got back on ose like 30 minutes later, and was like CRAP! haha

Why in the heck are you in any part of Russia!!! Get out of there man!

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    No no, I apparently didn't hit the post button when I was responding to your question..I got back on ose like 30 minutes later, and was like CRAP! haha

Why in the heck are you in any part of Russia!!! Get out of there man!
    I hear you, sir, getting out the moment I am done with the concerts!
    Cheers!

wow, looks like the GP 400v2 is the boat , of july 2014. sweet. nice way to keep us floating. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by darryl whitman View Post
    wow, looks like the GP 400v2 is the boat , of july 2014. sweet. nice way to keep us floating. LOL
    Yeah, it's funny I originally ordered a GP335 V2 and then I asked Mike off forum about the GP400 V2 and he said OK, then everybody else ordered a GP400 V2 too..

I'm running the GP400 V1 & I couldn't be happier. It's leading the points tally at the moment in our club.
    The V2 I suspect would be a bit quicker. Maybe next year for me.

(4) GP400v2 kits ordered to fulfill the above 4 build requests. Should be cut early next week and as soon as they arrive, I will get on the builds! Mike

Paul, That is great to hear you are leading your club points! So glad you are enjoying the 400...and all the other kits you have gotten from me! haha

Sounds great! Looking forward to see my boat being built.
    Thanks again, Mike!
    Motor choice, I know what Mike likes, but wonder what others think. I have an LMT 2280/5 = 1490 kv, a CC1717 and a NEU 1527 = 1500 kv, but considering a NEU 1530, either a 0.75D = 1580 kv or a 1.5D = 1355 kv. What do you think guys? Also open to other suggestions. All on 6S.

Lasse

I love my Nue 1530 1y on 8s 2p.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast