Thread: removing battery trays

Default removing battery trays

what is the best way to remove the battery trays. after that what is the best way to hold the batteries down?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am about to do the same thing. Thinking a Drinal tool will let me cut the trays right where I want them cut, and leaving the main runners in tack for he radio box. (I plan to keep that little tub)

Question is what to seal the un seals fresh cut wood with?

Well got the trays cut out, my hard case battery's wont sit flat enough to use Velcro strips. But the pool noodles I am using for floatation in front I used some int he rear to basically make it where the battery cant go anywhere.
    ProBoat Blackjack 26, Octora X642 prop (Sharpened and balanced by OSE), Removed Battery Trays & Styrofoam to Add pool noodles making battery slots in the bottom of the sponsons and float whole boat full of water, stock out-drive, 2-(5000MaH, 2S, 30C's)

some heat and a real thin puddy knife works finish up with sanding you can see the knofe in post 20 2nd pic on the top my best tool LOL https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...90-AM-Scorpion

so I got it all out good, and then trimmed Pool noodles, and added a rear section between the hull and the radio box. to the batterys are wedged in.. works great. I had them in the stock location (front to back) and it worked awesome. handled SO MUCH better, but with the added weight of a little more floatation. 3-1 foot sections in the front (one center, and one in each sponson) and 2 6 inch section beside radio box in each sponsoon. it wont sink! ha BUt it does sit a little flatter in the water... so I trimmed some more noodles and moving the batterys back about 2 inches. per side (made the noodles 2 inches longer in the fornt, and 2 short in the back)

I am going to play with this idea some friday when at the river and have time. I can trip one inch at a time off the back noodle, and put that 1 inch section on the other side of the battery... and so on until i get the best spot. then will trim a noodle up to the right size once i find the best location.

But just what i have done made a HUGE differnce, I can now cut the wheel and nail it from a stand still and do jet ski turns and stuff. let alone turn it pretty much all the way I had to TRY and flip it. WOT, and hard cut to make it roll
    ProBoat Blackjack 26, Octora X642 prop (Sharpened and balanced by OSE), Removed Battery Trays & Styrofoam to Add pool noodles making battery slots in the bottom of the sponsons and float whole boat full of water, stock out-drive, 2-(5000MaH, 2S, 30C's)